Please Help! My Gecko has a splinter... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-14-2009, 09:04 PM   #1
rkeeter
Unhappy Please Help! My Gecko has a splinter...

My best guess is that we didn't sift through her spaghum moss well enough, but we've used it for quite some time with no problems before. She has what really looks like a splinter in the very tip of her tail. It is in the last 1/8 inch, and sticks out some. We discovered it yesterday afternoon. We dipped her tail in peroxide (she LOVED that... really...) to try to kill any germs, but were hoping she would just take care of it herself. It is still there today, so I think its time we try to help her. Anyone have any suggestions for how to remove it without having her drop her tail and causing her the least pain possible?

Thanks!

Old 09-15-2009, 08:07 AM   #2
angie.h
If it doesn't get infected,maybe it will work itself out...being as the tail may detatch with stress,you may just wait+ see...if it does look bad then try to gently remove and if the tail is lost,at least the gecko loses the infection...just a suggestion.Splinters come out more easily when soaked.

Old 09-21-2009, 08:27 PM   #3
geckogrl6
Any update on the tail piercing?

Old 10-24-2009, 01:30 AM   #4
rkeeter
Sorry folks... Everything worked out fine. I went in one morning to feed her and it was gone. I immediately emptied the tank to make sure it wasn't laying around in it anywhere. She is growing like a weed so everything worked out. Thanks for the concern and sorry for not giving an update sooner.

Old 10-25-2009, 12:25 AM   #5
lpcad
Glad to hear she is doing well!!!

Old 10-25-2009, 08:54 PM   #6
geckogrl6
Awesome. Its really an adorable pic

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!