What happened to the list of fined members? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:40 AM   #1
The BoidSmith
What happened to the list of fined members?

Rich,

What happened to that list that used to be in the BOI? Was it transferred to some othre place or deleted altogether?

Regards.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:44 AM   #2
Dennis Hultman
Rich recently posted in another thread that the old list no longer applies to the new system and he would be deleting the list.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:47 AM   #3
The BoidSmith
Thanks Dennis, I completely missed that post.

Regards

Old 11-15-2005, 12:47 AM   #4
Dennis Hultman
Someone who has been suspended can now rejoin Fauna for only ten dollars each time, until they are banned.

Old 11-15-2005, 12:50 AM   #5
Dennis Hultman
Quote:
Originally Posted by The BoidSmith
Thanks Dennis, I completely missed that post.

Regards
No problem. I forgot which thread it was in.

Old 11-15-2005, 02:03 AM   #6
WebSlave
Yes, that is correct. I had my programmer completely automate the fine and suspension system. I suppose I could have had him set up a log file for it, but it seemed rather superfluous as the warning system will pretty much keep track of things for me. When someone reaches 100 points, then I have to come to the conclusion that they really are better off being somewhere else other then on this site. So they get the BIG boot out of here.

Old 11-15-2005, 08:39 AM   #7
The BoidSmith
Seems reasonable from my perspective. Besides it is easier for a person to pay $10 at a time than to have to go for $40 or $80, etc.

Regards.

Old 11-15-2005, 03:00 PM   #8
Alias47
Quote:
Originally Posted by WebSlave
When someone reaches 100 points, then I have to come to the conclusion that they really are better off being somewhere else other then on this site. So they get the BIG boot out of here.

Is 100 points going to be your line in the sand? Will this be done on a case by case basis, or regardless of the member and the nature of their infractions?

I realize it will take a LOT to hit 100 points...but as this site ages...it seems the chances that there will be more and more people who might get close to that stage will escalate. People who are a positive force here and do more to contribute to the greater good than it would be worth to throw them out...at least in my humble opinion...

Just curious really...I try to play by the book (come on...look at my warning points)...so I am not worried for my own sake...I just know there are some people who I feel have a great amount to contribute to this industry who don't necessarily always know when it is in their best interest to keep their mouth shut...and everyone knows you can't teach an old dog new tricks...

Old 11-15-2005, 03:03 PM   #9
Alias47
Just thought of this question...

Do you think you will ever be inclined to reverse a ban?
Kind of like the difference between a suspended license and a revoked license...

Even at some point in the future...revocations are reversible...although the process can be fairly lengthy...

Old 11-15-2005, 04:05 PM   #10
WebSlave
Well, it depends, I guess. Should I make a distinction between someone being "a difficult learner" and someone being "malicious"? What is in the best interests of this site (and my own sanity)? If myself and the moderators are constantly having to field reported posts from a particular person (and not just from a single antagonist) then would it not just be best to get that person out of here when it becomes painfully obvious that they are NOT going to be able to get with the program?

Then if that person is booted out of here, what are the chances that they will have a revelation down the road and finally do a complete turnabout of their personality? Should I require them to get an Endowment membership to prove their sincerity and give them some real incentive for being sincere? Heck, it's not like I have never been lied to before......

The 100 point line in the sand is going to be a problem, no matter how I deal with it. Some people will say I am being too harsh by strictly enforcing it, if that is what I do. Others will claim I am being soft and ignoring my "get tough" change of action recently if I do give someone some leeway. So no matter what happens, I will be damned if I do and damned if I don't by someone.

After 100 warning points, I don't see how anyone can honestly say they didn't get enough warning that reading the rules might be a real good thing for them to do, and then pay attention to how they post here, referencing those rules religiously.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!