Injured hypo or albino? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Iguanas & Monitors Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 12-14-2017, 02:28 PM   #1
dhenderson0524
Injured hypo or albino?

I'm thinking about purchasing a female iguana from craigslist and though thats not my favorite way to do it there is a reason why. Very cheap but very injured animal and i don't want them going to a bad home. Also it could be a hypomelanistic or albino for 200$? Heres the pictures he has online, what do you think? Its a very far drive but id be willing if it were actually true. He said the only information the pet store gave him was female and that she was burned by a lamp.

Old 12-14-2017, 02:36 PM   #2
dhenderson0524
Here are the pictures
Attached Images

Old 12-14-2017, 03:01 PM   #3
Robert Walker
Moved from the Classifieds to the Discussion Forum instead.

Old 12-14-2017, 03:02 PM   #4
ChrisL86
Definetly not an albino, you can for sure rule that out.. Possibly hypo, but difficult to tell because she is in bad shape.. My guess is that she is normal and just discolored from bad husbandry. Good luck.

Old 12-15-2017, 10:55 AM   #5
dhenderson0524
I've seen them get discolored with bad care but never a full yellow like this? Does anyone have any pictures that i could compare help back up either? Not googled pictures but actual first hand experience w hypos or an ill iguana with this much discoloration

Old 12-15-2017, 11:42 AM   #6
AbsoluteApril
It could also be a bad camera, probably would need to see it in person to accurately evaluate the coloration. I'm seeing green tones under the yellow so I'd expect it's a normal green but yes the photos make her look yellow. Poor lil girl looks like she's had a rough go of it.

Old 12-16-2017, 08:45 PM   #7
Crazyscales
Honestly I don’t think that’s a hypo either. Ban on it are really dark. Maybe a sick red.

Old 12-25-2017, 08:53 AM   #8
Runaway Exotics
Hey,

From my point of view in the picture I can see that it looks like a Green Iguana, the colour of it was about the same colour of my green iguana when it was sick (rescue), and it looks like this, seems to be a similar case, this animal sadly will probably die because if it is an albino, or a hypo, Or a (red?), than it looks way, way, way out of coloured and shape and place, the damages of the burns also got be infected and the animal could be carrying something. My opinion you shouldn't get it and to answer your question it is not an Albino it is a sick and injured green iguana (or possibly said above a red iguana) Because the colour of the iguana is not an albino colour and does not look like a hypo also, I have both and I have checked them to see if they are similar and they have nothing in common, I recommend not buying it.

Thanks,
Dan

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!