Inquiry BOAPHILE CAGES - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-14-2017, 12:53 PM   #1
ajandtc
BOAPHILE CAGES

Does anyone have any info on Jeff Ronne and Boaphile cages? I purchased a rack from him over a month ago, and I received no confirmation, and cannot reach him by any means. Any info, especially how to contact him, would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:13 PM   #2
Dthompson2634
I've not personally ordered from him but this seems to be pretty typical of purchasing from Boaphile. What was the advertised lead time? I'd expect a shipping confirmation or at least the cages showing up around that time. I believe the best way to get ahold of him is by phone, which the number is probably on his website.

Old 12-14-2017, 01:21 PM   #3
ajandtc
No specific lead time, and I have called the number on his sight multiple times with no answer or messaging system. I've also emailed and sent facebook messages to his personal page. Nothing

Old 12-14-2017, 02:43 PM   #4
SiXandSeven8ths
Everything I've ever read about this guy, don't expect customer service. If you are familiar with the "Soup Nazi" episode of Seinfeld: You get in line, place your order, pay your bill, and get out. Similar practice here: place your order, pay the money, and wait for your soup.

Old 12-14-2017, 04:44 PM   #5
pattheliving
i ordered a couple of cages and they are great but what they dont tell you is it takes months to actually get them. its pretty ridiculous and when you cal to ask about it the guy is a total jerk. just my experience. love the cages but will never order from them again

Old 12-14-2017, 06:14 PM   #6
JColt
If you search his name or company you'll find many posts. You'll get your item and probably be satisfied with the cage/rack. You will wait though and get zero or close to zero contact till it ships.

Old 12-15-2017, 10:53 AM   #7
Vorlon1
Which is why I buy cheap "Erector Set" style metal racks and set them up to fit my Sterilite latch boxes. The small holes on the corners are big enough to run a super long heat cord through two racks side by side. I plug the cord into a dimmer switch and I am set. I have kept 30 - 50 snakes/lizards like this for more than 20 years. I change the configuration when I change box styles/sizes.

No muss no fuzz.... No coconuts

Old 12-16-2017, 06:04 PM   #8
Goliathjustin
High quality products, you'll get your order. Jeff is a busy guy who's been around forever. It's just not a business that you can order from and expect your product next week, even next month. Worth the wait in my opinion.

Old 12-20-2017, 04:41 PM   #9
OutworldReptiles
Similar to what everyone else has said, Jeff's customer service is severely lacking. I've ordered several cages and racks from them in the past. Getting in touch with him via phone, email, or carrier pigeon is basically impossible. You'll get decently built cages 2-6 months after ordering them. I think the racks are better quality than the cages but I'd never order from them again.

Old 12-21-2017, 10:53 AM   #10
Will0W783
I'm honestly not a fan of Boaphile cages. I have two (bought used), and the ventilation is very poor. I had such a hard time keeping the bedding from being damp all the time that I don't use them anymore.
Although, since I've never bought directly from Boaphile, I can't speak to their customer service.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!