SEWERFest-July 30 Racine Wi - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Shows & Events

Notices

Shows & Events Since these are such a big part of our business, it is appropriate that we discuss them from a business perspective.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:20 AM   #1
sewerfest
SEWERFest-July 30 Racine Wi

Its just 4 weeks until this year's South East Wisconsin Exotic Reptile Festival, in Racine, Wi. The show, as always is captive bred only and venomous are allowed. Held directly on I-94 at the South Hills Country Club, the show is always a good time for all ages, and this year will be no different. Check out the website at www.sewerfest.com for more information and stop in on July 30 between 10 and 3 to see the show.

Shane
sewerfestival@hotmail.com

Old 07-02-2006, 11:58 PM   #2
Tim Cole
Thumbs up Arriving from Texas...

I am planning on having a table at this show. Enjoyed it 2 years ago and am looking forward to doing it again.

I expect to have the following captive bred and born snakes:

06' White-lipped Vipers

06' Mottled Rock Rattlesnakes (various locales)

06' 100% het for albino Western Diamondbacks

05' Patternless and 100% het Western Diamondbacks

1.1 Adult Albino Monacle Cobras

and possibly more.

Old 07-03-2006, 09:11 PM   #3
Lee Watson
Hey Tim

You forgot to mention that you are also offering the Albino male and hypo? female that produced the 100% het albinos.
Lee Watson

Old 07-08-2006, 01:29 AM   #4
pestebum@aol.com
i remember your booth..you were in the lower level right? cool stuff!

Old 07-08-2006, 01:31 AM   #5
Tim Cole
Thumbs up Correct!

I had the deli displays and table lamps.

Old 07-26-2006, 12:01 PM   #6
sewerfest
Well now we are down to just 4 days until the show. Tables for the show are sold out, and the show is set to be a success again. All we need now is for everyone in Wisconsin, Illinois, Minnesota, hell the Midwest to come out and see how Wisconsin does a show. If you have never been to the show, just a note, the venue is a Country Club. This means air conditioning, but not too cold for the herps, as well as bathrooms, an ATM, and a bar. Sundays forcast looks like hot and humid, so rather than sweating out the day, come join us in comfort and who knows you just might find the right snake, gecko, turtle, or even rattler. I will see you all on Sunday.

Shane

Old 07-31-2006, 06:08 AM   #7
DAND
Question How'd it go?

Let's hear from vendors and customers.

Old 07-31-2006, 10:55 PM   #8
sschind
As always it was a very nice show. I didn't sell much but I knew that going in. My babies weren't old enough to sell and the people who go to these shows are not looking for breeders. They want babies. Still, I had a very good time. I spent more than I made but only because I bought 2 D. azureus from another vendor as we were all packing up. 100.00 for 2 frogs that were well over an inch long. I couldn't believe they didn't sell for the $150.00 he had them listed for. I usually do this show to get my name outh there to people from a bit further off. The show is about 30 minutes from my store and draws a decent amount of people from Milwaukee who might not otherwise know I am around. Also, I usually get 2 or 3 sales in the store in the next few weeks that I can attribute directly to being at the show so my totals usually end up being better than they are at the end of the night. There was a decent mix of animals although I tend to think its a little heavy on the beardeds, ball, leos, and cresteds. Those 4 animals probably made up 75% of the animals there, maybe even more. It really is too bad about the new Wisconsin law. Needing the vet certificate has caused a marked decrease in the number of vendors, thus a decrease in the variety. Two years ago it was an upstairs and downstairs show.

All in all it was a good time. I have only spoken with one other vendor and he was happy with his sales. Although nothing was mentioned to me apparently they are thinking about another show in a couple of months. I will probably be at that one also, and by then my babies will be ready to go so I should do much better.

kudos to Shane and Eric for another fine job

Old 08-02-2006, 06:36 PM   #9
Tim Cole
Thumbs up Ok, considering

most of my babies will be available this month. Lots of foot traffic and most were carrying their purchases. Kudos to Eric and Shane for running a good show.
I would like to see more efforts to notify the Venomous Community.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!