Using war to sell your monitor lizards. Unbelievable? Check this out. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > General Interest Forums > SOUND OFF!!!

Notices

SOUND OFF!!! Ever have something REALLY bugging you and nowhere to vent about it? Well, this is the place. It does not have to be fauna oriented at all! Get it off your chest right here.

Old 02-27-2004, 05:19 PM   #1
Jordan
Using war to sell your monitor lizards. Unbelievable? Check this out.

This makes me sick. Using a war, the death of your fellow human beings as a marketing ploy? I've seen some pretty cheesy marketing with reptiles. After all reptile people for the most part are just hobbyists trying to sell their babies or excess stock. Yet guys like this who have been known to try to sell animals to people they are owned by, using descriptions such as this... well is simply offensive and plainly pisses me off... anyhow here's the ad.

02/27/04 Axis Of Evil Monitor Lizards! Central Coast Reptile Research Center Ship Worldwide

Axis Of Evil Monitor Lizards!
Ship Worldwide
Posted by Central Coast Reptile Research Center (Contact Me!) on February 27, 2004 at 14:31:48
Registered PetHobbyist User since 2002-09-11

Click on thumbnails to view fullsize in a new window

Varanus griseus from Iran!! Captive produced in the USA 2003 from legal adults! Three great pairs left. Very unique desert monitor lizard. Great comical personality! Very hearty and they grow to asbout four foot! Trades possible. $1200 each. ESA permit may be necessary. Over 50,000 rare lizards sold since 1980!
Cheers,

http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=53&de=194905

Old 03-11-2004, 05:11 AM   #2
bud mierkey
argh tELL ME IT AINT SO!!!

Now now We are not fighting in iran are we?
YET!

Old 03-23-2004, 02:15 AM   #3
IanV
Quote:
using descriptions such as this... well is simply offensive and plainly pisses me off
Well, they ARE on the axis of Evil list...I don't see what is so bad about it. It's actually kind of funny.

IAN

Old 03-23-2004, 07:23 PM   #4
Glenn Bartley
I thought it was really going to be something like a soldier using his/her status of active duty in the war to promote his/her web site or something worse - maybe someone here at home really exploiting someone who is over there. A name like Axis of Evil Monitors is kind of sorry, or laughable , or maybe even neat - that of course is my opinion on what is could be conceived as. Then again you see it as something much more serious and that is your opinion. I don't know, maybe look at it again and it won't seem so bad, after all it is not so much an exploitation of the war as it is of the term "Axis of Evil", is it.
All the best,
Glenn B