FEEDING RECORDS? - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Ball Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-08-2012, 04:23 PM   #11
Breaking Balls
White board while feeding and then iherp, free and easy.

Regards,

B

Old 09-08-2012, 04:48 PM   #12
minameemanimnm
http://herperpro.com/ I use that its relatively cheap and has many great features, all records can be easily printed. I love it!

Old 09-08-2012, 05:24 PM   #13
snowgyre
I use Excel. I'm a scientist, so I keep data on everything! I keep records on food items, refused/taken, quantity, sheds, locks, lays, and I weigh all my animals once a month. It's not really a lot of work, and I find myself referring back to my spreadsheet when I'm trying to figure out when girls tend to go off feed, for how long, and when they're likely to be receptive to breeding.

Here's a screenshot of my data. Weights are on a different tab. I can send you my Excel file if you would like to use it as a template?

EDIT: Attaching the file to the post reduced the resolution so much as to be unreadable. Here's a direct link to the screenshot:

http://www.geckolair.com/temp/records.jpg

Old 09-09-2012, 12:06 AM   #14
snakejems reptiles
try iherp online,,people say ok or just keep feed cards or notes...or vyper tracking systems...thru cd..

Old 09-09-2012, 12:38 AM   #15
morph evolution
thanks everyone for your input.i have some thinking to do.i am sure one the ideas presented will work perfect.

Old 09-09-2012, 02:14 AM   #16
Randy F
I use Degui. I only keep feedings on hatchlings that are for sure for sale. Once I decide I am keeping them I quit recording feedings. I like to keep them to give to buyers. I use degui to keep track of weights, pairings and clutches. I just updated some clutch info and can see when I paied and that most females laid this year within a week of last year. That is a huge help in predicting when to pair and when to expect clutches.

Old 09-09-2012, 04:34 AM   #17
Chicagoherps
I use reptile scan. It has an app for iPhones and android phones . It's pretty simple and nice

Old 09-10-2012, 02:30 PM   #18
R. Eventide
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowgyre View Post
I use Excel. I'm a scientist, so I keep data on everything! I keep records on food items, refused/taken, quantity, sheds, locks, lays, and I weigh all my animals once a month. It's not really a lot of work, and I find myself referring back to my spreadsheet when I'm trying to figure out when girls tend to go off feed, for how long, and when they're likely to be receptive to breeding.
This is me, too! I'm actually starting to see some trends in terms of growth and sometimes feeding, so keeping meticulous notes is coming in handy. Also, when something seems off, no matter how small or seemingly-insignificant, I take note, and that has been incredibly useful because they sometimes turn into warning signs for something worse. It has been invaluable to me to keep such detailed records.

Dang, that reminds me: I have several plots to update and post with regard to breeding season that people might find interesting....

Anyway, here's a screenshot of my own spreadsheet. (This one's just for the girls in the collection. Different clutches each have their own sheets.) The "Health" column is now "Notes" since it's not just health-related. Also, I need to remove the "Length" column since it's rarely used. The Charts tab shows a plot of everyone's weight over time, which is great for quickly checking to see how everyone's doing.

Old 09-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #19
snowgyre
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one with a lot of "refused" on her spreadsheet, lol! Krystal, if you ever want my data to do some comparisons with or increase sample size for some question you've got, just let me know!

Old 09-11-2012, 02:34 AM   #20
R. Eventide
Hahahaha, yeah! I definitely have lots of "refused!" I love this time of year because almost everyone is eating.

It would be great to collaborate! I'll get all my crap together and then let you know what data I've been looking at to see if we can combine our notes. Adding to my growth charts would be pretty spiffy, and breeding data would be wonderful since I haven't had a lot of clutches yet.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!