'02 Female Coastal Carpet...Make an offer? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Classifieds > Snakes For Sale/Wanteds > Pythons

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 04:08 PM   #1
masterofpythons
'02 Female Coastal Carpet...Make an offer?

Hello
I have 0.1 2002 Coastal Carpet Python. She is about 7 feet, and tame. She has never been bred. Make me an offer... Cash or trade. I am looking for a male children's python that eats really well, or a pastel ball python. Thanks for your time.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-09-2007, 07:56 PM   #2
CB Reptiles
do you have pics?

Old 01-12-2007, 01:53 AM   #3
ravensgait
Chris the guy seems to have posted this and gone poof!! Randy

Old 01-15-2007, 04:04 PM   #4
masterofpythons
Sorry I went poof...

Here is a picture... Thanks for your interest.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-15-2007, 08:14 PM   #5
Kyle Harper
That is a jungle carpet python or coastal jungle cross

Old 01-19-2007, 10:12 AM   #6
apbt21
I do not care what mix it is, but what is your cash asking price?

Old 01-19-2007, 04:03 PM   #7
masterofpythons
I would like $300 cash. To Kyle: How do you know it is not a pure coastal? I am not trying to misrepresent the animal, I bought her as a coastal. Thanks.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-19-2007, 04:31 PM   #8
Kyle Harper
I didn't think you were trying to misrepresent her. I more or less thought that you had bought the snake as a coastal and thats why you labeled it a coastal.

The reason(s) I said it is either a jungle carpet or jungle coastal cross are:

-It carries the pattern characteristics of a jungle, maybe not the colors that most people think of when they hear 'jungle carpet python', but alot of jungles are black and brown. Jungle carpets also have a definied head pattern, Coastals on the other hand usaully have a broken head pattern that sometimes can be so faint it is hard to tell the actual shape of it. Also, Jungle Carpets are predominantly banded and most Coastals have some degree of lateral striping and are not usually fully banded. All in all the snake jumps out at me as a jungle or a jungle cross of some sort.

Another thing that really sticks out is the amount of black tipping in the lighter areas of the pattern. Jungle carpets are highly known for tipping in the lighter portions, but Coastals are not.

I hope you didn't think I was trying to cost you a sale. The thing is, if you sold it to someone as a coastal, then they bred it to a coastal and sold the babies as coastals (they would actually be 50% jungle/50% coastal) it will just keep going that way, further polluting the already questionable gene pool associated with carpet pythons.

I honestly think it is a jungle carpet, I don't see much, if any, coastal in it. It is a small pic though so its hard to say. I just hope she goes to a good home!

Old 01-19-2007, 07:28 PM   #9
masterofpythons
I really appreciate the info as far as how to tell the difference. I am totally for keeping the gene pool clean. Thanks again.
  Contact User Check User
Old 01-20-2007, 06:35 PM   #10
gekkocha
I agree with Kyle

I looked at this thread when you posted the pic of the snake and I immediately thought that the snake looked like an intergrade/hybrid. My first impression was that she is a jungle carpet cross (junglexdiamond, junglexcoastal, or blend of all three) for the same reasons that Kyle mentioned. IMO he is right on with his assessment and he did a good job of explaining it.

It is to your credit that you reacted the way you did to Kyles post. It's cool that you accepted it as constructive criticism. I'm sure he wasn't trying to bust on you by it. A lot of people would be defensive about someone challanging their add like that.

Good luck finding a buyer for her.
~Charlie

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Closed Thread