Bad Guy CCSB Reptile Rescue- Chad Griffin - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 08-09-2017, 11:38 PM   #41
tlmoon
I'm sorry that you got sold a sick lizard and I'm glad you posted this because the response from the seller was less than pleasant. They don't have to agree, but they don't need to be rude either.

On the other hand, this seller isn't exactly a well respected expert breeder of this species. NOT that it makes it ok for them to sell sick animals or keep them poorly, but they sound more like a pet store/flipper operation. Quite possible a WC or farmed animal that you might expect will need a little TLC to get healthy. Again, I don't think it's ok, but it doesn't sound like they are going to do much for you.

I am glad you have the lizard now because it sounds like you are taking good care of it and it is in a better place with you. I do think it's valuable to share your experience so people know what they're dealing with if they do business with the seller.

Old 08-10-2017, 11:51 PM   #42
Pinky gecko girl
Just seeing them at the last Greenville repticon was bad. They had several sick animals. Over priced imports and blamed a green tree Python dying on Sunday for the cold Ac. ( none of my animals had issues) it came across as shady. They where buying animals to resell at show. That is not a rescue to me. I believe most of us would call that flipping right??

Old 09-20-2017, 04:48 PM   #43
Phil Bradley
Temperature fluctuations have to spike quickly and drastically to cause animal fatalities unless an underlying condition (or continued substandard husbandry) has compromised the animal's immune system. I have been a vendor at shows where the a/c has gone out during the Summer and didn't lose a thing (and heat spikes don't have to be nearly as extreme to cause death). Healthy animals can withstand show stressors with no ill effects.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:58 PM   #44
nharrison
This is an absolute disgrace!! These animals were being sold by CCSB Reptile “Rescue. They are Flippers. Christina is the owner. They are NOT a rescue group. How Repticon allows them to participate is ridiculous. The Brazilian Rainbow Boa has at least 3 laters of stuck shed. Lesser Bee (dead in the picture) was defended by Repticon saying it’s definutely alive and it’s like that because it’s got spider in it and it’s a neurological problem. The area smelt like decaying animal. Poor thing died in the display and they left it there on display. The red tail green rat snakes face was so messed up from rubbing and is to the point of being infected. They purchased animals at the show and turned around and immediately put them on their table. DO NOT SUPPORT THIS “RESCUE” GROUP

SHARE SHARE SHARE

THEY ARE FLIPPERS! THEY ARENT A RESCUE OF ANY KIND!

Old 05-29-2018, 11:02 PM   #45
nharrison
Pics from the show
Attached Images

Old 05-29-2018, 11:03 PM   #46
nharrison
Not to mention Asian vines are illegal to possess in MD.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:23 AM   #47
bcr229
This was at the Baltimore, MD Repticon last weekend?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nharrison View Post
Not to mention Asian vines are illegal to possess in MD.
http://dnr.maryland.gov/wildlife/Pag...rp-Ethics.aspx
Quote:
Legal Issues

There are some legal issues which must be considered. In 1993, regulations were passed in Maryland called “Reptile and Amphibian Possession and Permits” (COMAR 08.03.11). These clearly defined what species could be collected from the wild, set possession limits for those species that could be collected with a permit, stated which species may be collected without a permit, and other allowed activities, such as captive breeding, which requires a permit. These regulations are also important for what they state cannot be done, such as commercial trade in “wild” caught animals. They also identify illegal methods of taking an animal from the wild. For instance, did you know it is illegal to kill a snake? Other Maryland laws and regulations that you should be aware of include:

a prohibition on importation of venomous snakes, alligators, and crocodiles as pets (Article 10-621);

•seasons and size limits for the harvest of diamond-backed terrapins, and complete protection of their nests (COMAR 08.02.01);

•prohibited methods of take for snapping turtles (COMAR 08.02.01);

•limitations on the sale of turtles (COMAR 10.06.02);

•and designation and protection of state endangered species (Article 10-2A-01 and COMAR 08.03.01).
Don't the show promoters check that species being offered for sale are legal in the state?

Old 05-30-2018, 08:43 AM   #48
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Don't the show promoters check that species being offered for sale are legal in the state?
No, it is up to the vendor to check state laws. On the promoters website there is usually a link to the state laws for vendors to click on.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:06 AM   #49
bcr229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake-Queen View Post
No, it is up to the vendor to check state laws. On the promoters website there is usually a link to the state laws for vendors to click on.
Ok. I've only attended/vended in WV and each time there's been someone from DNR there all day to make sure nothing illegal - mainly native herps - was on the tables.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:40 AM   #50
Snake-Queen
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcr229 View Post
Ok. I've only attended/vended in WV and each time there's been someone from DNR there all day to make sure nothing illegal - mainly native herps - was on the tables.
DNR also comes to the GA shows, mostly because of native herpes as well.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!