Firefighters Called After Pet Snake Gets Stuck - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Herps In The News

Notices

Herps In The News Local or national articles where reptiles or amphibians have made it into the news media. Please cite sources.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:41 PM   #1
Dennis Hultman
Firefighters Called After Pet Snake Gets Stuck

http://www.firefightingnews.com/arti...rticleID=49302

Quote:
Firefighters Called After Pet Snake Gets Stuck
May 27, 2008

A curious boa constrictor called Chaos caused mayhem when he decided on a little late-night exploration at his owner's home. Chaos, who sleeps on a quilt in his own bedroom, found his way behind a radiator but could not get out again.

Owner Nicole Bewer called the emergency services for help - and a crew of firefighters led by snake-fearing Watch Commander Alan Gilson turned up for one of their more unusual jobs.

"I do not like snakes, they are one of my childhood fears," said the officer, who left the hands-on rescue to firefighter Mark Dunnett - now nicknamed Indiana Jones by fellow firefighters.

"Firefighter Dunnett pulled the snake from underneath and managed to release it," said Mr Gilson. "I think Chaos was just curious, and got himself into a position he could not get himself out of."

The Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service firefighters began their rescue at the home in Chelston, Torquay, Devon, just after 1am - and it took them 40 minutes to release Chaos.

"I did get my hands on the snake as I thought it was a good opportunity - but the experience has absolutely not cured my fear," said Mr Gilson after his second snake rescue in 13 years.

(c) 2008 Western Morning News, The Plymouth (UK). Provided by ProQuest Information and Learning. All rights Reserved.

Written by Western Morning News

Old 06-03-2008, 03:07 PM   #2
SPJ
Quote:
Chaos, who sleeps on a quilt in his own bedroom
Now why didn't this bonehead have it in a secure cage so things like this don't happen and get reported which just makes responsible keepers look bad.

Old 06-03-2008, 04:15 PM   #3
hhmoore
but Steve, the snake couldn't get out from behind the radiator

Old 06-03-2008, 09:13 PM   #4
BallFriend
my snake installed my heater, so i know it could get out if he needed to

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!