Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje) - Page 22 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-22-2014, 02:15 AM   #211
Tankster
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhacadank View Post
I had the honor of meeting Mr. Wai at the Reptile Super Show in Pomona, California. What a nice and humble person he is. It is truly a shame and disgrace that Jon Boone would take advantage and mistreat Mr. Wai and others in this post including myself. That was awesome of Jay Sommers to come forward and help out the situation and offer his own animals to help out Mr. Wai. We need more Jays and less Jons in this industry. Shame on you Mr. Boone!!!
Hi Ramy, it was a meeting with you, and what a GREAT show !!!
I am so looking forward to see the San Diego Super Show later this year, and hopefully my friend in China and I can get a booth at the super show !!

Wai Lui

Old 01-23-2014, 07:24 AM   #212
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avangel Reptiles View Post
We should make this a sticky lol
I just read the other "novel" that you started, I am glad you are back and hope all is okay with you. I hope you don't beat yourself up too much about what happened, you thought you were in the right, but there just wasn't enough communication and a CONTRACT between you two, and that is what made the deal go bad. I sided with you for 10% of the decision, if that makes you feel better, but I think a breeder with as much experience as Jon has should know better and have had a written and signed contract with you, but you were too soft on contacting him about when payments needed to be made. I posted a response, you can read it there.

Whatever happened, did you take him up on his offer of putting the money toward geckos or did you just forget it completely?

I, too, have made a bad decision regarding a car deal with a "great guy", a "friend", who took off with my car in 2009. Thankfully I had made an airtight contract with him and he did pay me at the 2 year mark when the note was due (could have knocked me over with a feather), regardless of an addendum he signed agreeing to make monthly payments with a balloon payment at the end. We ended up on the "Judge Alex" show, it made him look like a total fool and a tool, but my case was dismissed without prejudice since I was going on the Addendum and not the original contract. I could refile after the two years were up if he hadn't paid, and even Judge Alex said "I expect to see you both back here next year", showing his lack of faith in Tony. I told this clown all he had to do was shut his piehole and admit he hadn't paid me and the show would have paid his note in full, plus the money we got for being on the show, but his Napoleonic Syndrome pride got in the way and he couldn't help blurting out things like "it's not due yet", "I never said I was a good person" and "she's the crazy cat lady from around the corner" (I confided in him when we were friends I had three cats who were like my kids since I am unable to conceive.) Judge Alex was REALLY pissed when I explained that, that part didn't air but J.A. made him look EXTREMELY foolish on national TV. I had really hoped Judge Judy would have picked up our case first, I would have loved to see her rip him apart.

Here is part of the video, the reason I refused to go to a Western Union was I knew him too well and knew he wouldn't send the money. I wasn't going to waste my time since there was no W.U. within 30 miles of us and I knew it wouldn't be there anyway. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UfJkunxfqlo

Anyway, bottom line, Karma is a bitch. What goes around comes around, I am a firm believer that how you present yourself in your daily routine defines you as a person. You may not think that people notice, but they do. I am a well-liked and happy person in my personal and work life, not that life is a popularity contest, but in the end I think that the more lives you touch in a positive way the better the bar seat in heaven. I'll buy the first round!
You learn something new every day!

Old 02-06-2014, 08:36 PM   #213
Jay Sommers Reptiles
^^^^^^^^^^^^What?

Old 02-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #214
LauraB
Jay, I didn't get Michelle's post either, till I back tracked.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...60#post1683260

The post above is relative to Jon Boone and originally posted in 2011 by Chaz Stewart/Avangel Reptiles; Michelle decided to resurrect on 1-23-14, with the following: (and please pay attention to the person and date who last posted before Michelle, link above)
Quote:
I just started reading the BOI this week, and I know how old this is, but it has been like reading a mystery but at the end you still aren't 100% sure whodunit!

What I mean is, yes, OP waited WAY too long to pay, but there was never a SIGNED contract for a specific date that the agreement would be null and void and the deposit forfeited. By "signed" I mean an e-contract that is either faxed or where OP fills in the spaces of a contract that says "I have made a deposit of $900, I will pay in full by XX-XX-XXXX for (gecko's species and amount of each here). Signed, ________________" and emailed, leaving each party with proof of the agreement.

This could also include a payment plan. It wasn't until page 8 that anyone (Clay Davenport) mentioned the word "terms", which still isn't a complete contract. I hold Chaz to be 90% at fault, but the seller, as much as he breeds and sells, should know better and should hold some accountability at his lack of communication. Jon did not reply to Chaz's asking in June if he could pay, I really can't hold Chaz responsible for that, he definitely should have been up Jon's business more when asking to make the payment, not just an email every few months, but Jon should have given the courtesy of a response, especially knowing that this guy wasn't a pro at this (given his track record for asking too many questions at first) so I feel Jon should learn from this too. Now, granted, I did read the OTHER novel about Jon, the more recent one, but I read this with a business mind, not with a sympathetic mind.

Bottom line, there needs to be a clear, concise contract that could hold water in any court, and that should be the seller's duty. I wouldn't enter into ANY contract and hand over a deposit without a signed receipt and terms of sale.

Just my $899 worth.
I suppose that is why she posted here as well, quoting Chaz' comment about a sticky and reminding readers to get a written contract.

As for the lengthy, irrelevent Judge Alex and Judge Judy story and the video link ... sorry, but apparent self-promotion?

Old 02-07-2014, 12:29 AM   #215
LauraB
And just to be clear, professionals like Wai (Ken) Lui and the other honest, upstanding, reputable contributors to herp science and industry do not need to be reprimanded like children re: contracts.

If Jon Boone can't honor and respect fellow herpers and maintain a professional base, then he should not represent those who can and do. (In my worthless opinion)

Old 02-07-2014, 02:02 AM   #216
Magic
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraB View Post

If Jon Boone can't honor and respect fellow herpers and maintain a professional base, then he should not represent those who can and do. (In my worthless opinion)
Quote for truth!!!!!!!!

Old 02-07-2014, 04:56 AM   #217
smigon
Laura, I am sorry that if "resurrecting" a thread means responding a day after the last post to it, I wasn't aware that was bad etiquette. If it is, what do you call your response two weeks later?

As far as "self promotion", what am I promoting? The fact that I am a generous person with a big heart who had to learn the hard way not to do anything without a contract and wanted to give advice to that matter? I don't breed or sell reptiles, I have a small corn snake collection and happened upon the BOI. I am sorry if reading recent posts and responding with a question to the OP a day after the last comment was posted is a bad thing. I thought all were welcome here.

Old 02-07-2014, 07:48 AM   #218
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post
had to learn the hard way not to do anything without a contract
A contract is an agreement for the breach of which the law gives a remedy; and it seems that there was in fact at the inception a contract here, money for lizards.
A contract does not have to be a single signed dated piece of paper with all terms spelled out, although such contracts are easier to enforce.
A spoken agreement can be a contract, and proof of a contract can be gathered from the writings of each party to the other. Here from what the parties have written to each other one can clearly gather the agreement made for the initial transaction.
The UCC article 2 section 2 will provide direction for every term left out of a contract except quantity, in a sale of goods.
Of course there are a lot of rules in contract law, and some kinds of contracts must be in writing and the parties must be capable and all, but here in this case it does seem that there was a contract.

Quote:
(In my worthless opinion)
I wish you would stop saying that. Your opinions are valued by many, certainly by me, as always being well thought out, well researched, and well written. Your detective skills are awesome too.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:07 AM   #219
smigon
Lucille, I value and respect your opinion. You are absolutely correct, verbal contracts and are contracts too, but my point was that having a written contract with firmly set dates and outlines of exactly how the two parties are responsible should be written in stone from the get go. You stated "A contract does not have to be a single signed dated piece of paper with all terms spelled out, although such contracts are easier to enforce." That was my point, that it is easier to enforce said contract. I am sorry if I didn't make myself clear.

Old 02-07-2014, 12:03 PM   #220
Jay Sommers Reptiles
I knew exactly what he was referencing. What perplexed me is why Smigon didn't post this all on the thread that was relevant to his reference (the thread started by Chaz not this one) And what was really throwing me was the irrelevant and completely useless rant about Judge alex.

When money is exchange for a product or service you are officially entering into a binding contract. And the fact that there are many emails substantiating Wai's and everyone elses issues is all the evidence needed. I mean what more do you want? For both parties to sign a contract in front of a notary? and mail it to each other before proceeding with the purchase? thats ridiculous.

Quote:
Jay, I didn't get Michelle's post either, till I back tracked.

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...60#post1683260

The post above is relative to Jon Boone and originally posted in 2011 by Chaz Stewart/Avangel Reptiles; Michelle decided to resurrect on 1-23-14, with the following: (and please pay attention to the person and date who last posted before Michelle, link above)

I suppose that is why she posted here as well, quoting Chaz' comment about a sticky and reminding readers to get a written contract.

As for the lengthy, irrelevent Judge Alex and Judge Judy story and the video link ... sorry, but apparent self-promotion?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!