Bad Guy Dishonest guy Jon Boone (User name Geitje) - Page 23 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-07-2014, 09:27 PM   #221
LauraB
Quote:
Laura, I am sorry that if "resurrecting" a thread means responding a day after the last post to it, I wasn't aware that was bad etiquette. If it is, what do you call your response two weeks later?
Just to clarify; I was referring to your resurrecting the older 2011 Jon Boone thread that Chaz started. The last post on that particular thread, (linked above in my previous post), prior to yours of 1-23-14, was made on 2-23-12 ... hence resurrection.

I also did not imply it was "bad etiquette".

I was attempting to clear up what I mistakenly thought was Jay's confusion by your post here.

Old 02-11-2014, 04:01 AM   #222
smigon
Quote:
Originally Posted by smigon View Post

Whatever happened, did you take him up on his offer of putting the money toward geckos or did you just forget it completely?
THIS is why I "resurrected" the thread, I wanted to know if he got his geckos or his money back.

Sorry for the miscommunication.

Old 03-25-2014, 09:35 AM   #223
Focal
Wai, I apologize for my aggressive stance at the beginning of this thread and glad to see an unrelated party stepped in to fix what this BAD GUY could not. I am also glad to come back and see others come forward with their story to show Jon's true character. As long as there remains a community and not just self gain, there is hope for this hobby.

Old 03-25-2014, 05:00 PM   #224
Tankster
Quote:
Originally Posted by Focal View Post
Wai, I apologize for my aggressive stance at the beginning of this thread and glad to see an unrelated party stepped in to fix what this BAD GUY could not. I am also glad to come back and see others come forward with their story to show Jon's true character. As long as there remains a community and not just self gain, there is hope for this hobby.
Hi Nick,
No worry, I know that you were not against me before, just sometime take a bit time to see the facts. I like what you said "as long as there remains a community and not just self gain, there is hope for this hobby".

Wai

Old 10-02-2015, 12:41 PM   #225
zohariel
Update for anyone STILL wondering if they should get into business with this fellow. After YEARS of trying to get responses from Jon Boone, a year and a half ago he finally repaid $800. Which means he still owes about twice that, not including any interest. Sadly I have been unable to get any further response from him since then, and very much doubt I will ever see the rest of my money.

He went from someone I greatly respected and considered somewhat a friend and mentor, to an absolutely dishonest person. Hope he enjoys the many trips he can afford to go on by ripping of single moms like me and other unfortunate victims.

Old 10-15-2015, 02:28 PM   #226
Tankster
Quote:
Originally Posted by zohariel View Post
Update for anyone STILL wondering if they should get into business with this fellow. After YEARS of trying to get responses from Jon Boone, a year and a half ago he finally repaid $800. Which means he still owes about twice that, not including any interest. Sadly I have been unable to get any further response from him since then, and very much doubt I will ever see the rest of my money.

He went from someone I greatly respected and considered somewhat a friend and mentor, to an absolutely dishonest person. Hope he enjoys the many trips he can afford to go on by ripping of single moms like me and other unfortunate victims.
Jessica, sorry to hear that you were also a victim, and I know there are more of them outside, some of them just afraid to deal with guy, but it is important we let other people know about the fact of him, so people will not fall in his trap again.

Old 10-23-2015, 05:09 PM   #227
Jay Sommers Reptiles
Listen it doesn't matter if you are his best friend for 15 years he will stab you in the back trust me I know from experience. Your wife(ex) ... He will do horrible things to. A single mother... He will rob you blind. A long time foreign peer that thinks there is mutual trust. Boone will rip you off and try to turn everyone against you. He will sick minikns upon you. But unfortunately in the end he rips off or screws All of the people he comes into contact with. Making people have to come crawling back to some of us to apologize for their behavior and admitting they were manipulated and lied to. The truth is out. There are sooo many more!!! But sadly they are too scared to come forward. I don't know why because Boone is a coward. Avoids confrontation unless it's behind a keyboard . Hides in the shadows puts animals on other peoples tables so he is under the radar to the countless amount of people he owes money and animals to. You saw what happened in the beginIng of this thread to wAi. He was getting slammed.wai is one of the most respected mbers of the community. With many decades under his belt. I couldn't stand for that. Why anyone would defend someone after the lifelong pattern of this con man escapes me. Luckily the koolaid wore off on me before it was too late.

Old 05-27-2017, 11:26 AM   #228
smcrandall
crazy story

Old 07-23-2017, 07:44 AM   #229
markpulawski
I see this thread was started in 2013 which was when I made my trade...or should I say sent my animals in a 1 way trade to Jon Boone. So add my name and my friend Mike Akana of Colorado to the list of people Jon Boone has ripped off. In '13 Jon saw a list of dart frogs I had for sale and asked for some Ranitomeya Fantastica, back then he was very enthusiastic and responsive as emails flowed back and forth. By the time it was all done Mike and I had sent Jon O Basitmentos, P terribilis, I believe some A galactonotus and the Fants he originally requested, they were valued at $1500 to which he was going to send us 2.3 P inexpectata he was going to get from the Hamm show in '13. Obviously it either did not happen or he sold the animals to someone else, over the last 4 years I have contacted him about odd Phelsuma species and even a couple he had advertised for sale to no avail. I recently saw where he offered some animals I would take in trade to someone else, knowing they turned them down I thought hey he can finally after 4 years complete our trade, once again to no avail, Jon will no longer respond to my emails, He came back about a year and a half ago saying the dart frogs were merely a project for his kid and they were no big deal and why would I care so much. Jon has never once tried to contact Mike or myself to complete our trade, he only early on responded to emails and now won't even do that. I requested a few P robertmertensei which I saw he offered to another. I have a few of his emails where he discussed his guy not getting permits in time for the Hamm animals and a few others with other excuses. Jon always did send me his surplus list when I made a request, nothing of which I or Mike had an interest in,
This guy has zero ethics and integrity when it comes to him holding up his end of a trade. Don't do business with this guy folks, he is bad news and a black eye to the reptile hobby.

Old 07-23-2017, 07:57 AM   #230
smcrandall
Mark, and Mike, I would recommend doing your own BOI.
The list of people on his list is way too long!!! (10-20, who knows really).

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!