Inquiry Steve Li/Hongyi Yang - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 05-11-2015, 10:54 AM   #21
yeloowtang
I still think that if you want to give him a chance at getting this animal.
the safest way to proceed would be a postal money order that he can send express post or next day if' he's in such a hurry..
to get one he will have to pay for it up front at the postal service, so he would be basicaly sending you cash..
you would be looking at a few days difference to get your $$ and in fact!!! for you it would be faster(no 3-4 days to wait for $$ transfer) and no 3% fees to boot.. once you have it in hand, just walk to your nearest postal office and cash in..

get the bax and everything ready to ship, but DON'T ship before the $$ is in hands, not even with a scan proof of the said Money order or a tracking# prooving it's sent..

$$ in hands then shipp, you're looking at 2-3 days max if he ships it out now.. he can pay with that credit card of his if he wants.. how he choses to pay for the Money order is not important on your end..

Old 05-11-2015, 01:22 PM   #22
turtledan77
Well I talked to Ken from Exotic Pets (great guy by the way) and he confirmed that he has done thousands of dollars in sales with Steve Li with no issue. I think it's probably safe to proceed at this point.

Old 05-11-2015, 03:17 PM   #23
daddio207
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtledan77 View Post
Well I talked to Ken from Exotic Pets (great guy by the way) and he confirmed that he has done thousands of dollars in sales with Steve Li with no issue. I think it's probably safe to proceed at this point.
Did Ken from Exotic Pets confirm that Steve Li used the same CC and did he also ship the eastern box turtle (and the other $1000's of animals) to that same Ohio address ?

I would not do it until he verifies his identity here as requested from Mr. Walker. A much easier way to put your concerns at ease than trying to convince you through email......

Old 05-12-2015, 10:20 AM   #24
Insomniac101
Dan, you can proceed however you wish, but you have the right to refuse to sell to anyone. You're not peddling pizzas here; these are living creatures, and if you feel uncomfortable as to where they're going (and getting scammed out of your money), tell him "No, thanks".

Lots of red flags here, as others have also mentioned.

**Lives in "Cleverland", Ohio
**Won't provide requested ID to mods
**Can't/won't provide a phone number
**IP address in China
**Says, "Do not worry", and "I am here showing all of my sincerity . . ."

I'd be curious as to where all these "thousands of dollars" in animals are ending up. Is he a wholesaler, or involved in some sort of conservation project? Is he making turtle soup, lol?

I, too, would pull a "Usain Bolt" on this one; it just doesn't feel right to me.

Kathy

Old 05-13-2015, 10:26 AM   #25
Arizona Tortoise Compound
Yes, Steve Li has done business with us before and never a problem. Yes, the funds do come through paypal as a non us cc card. No verified address through paypal that way. Its been months since our first transactions, and no charge backs or anything funny here. I would personally give you the green light.

Old 05-13-2015, 10:47 AM   #26
turtledan77
Thank you Andrew

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!