Kevin Allan Peters, Tracy, CA - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-14-2003, 11:06 PM   #11
flammingcat
Hello again,
Sorry if I read that wrong and the snakes weren't going to your home around the children...I guess I just read the part about them coming to take the kids, and I just thought, boy I would be glad I didn't get them!! Sorry if I read it wrong.
Shannon Hall

Old 03-14-2003, 11:53 PM   #12
ZX11
No worries, Shannon. I'm really ticked about dork doing all this to someone he doesn't even know and for other reason than dollars.
I am a man of princible. Even if I lose money to recover what was sent to him, it was worth it.
I told up front "don't jerk me around. I'll lose a grand. You'll lose much more".
But, no, the snakes were to go to Fl legally and be housed with a friend with no kids. Never here.
To all--------------- Thanks for the support!!!!!!!!!
Michael Parkinson

Old 04-12-2003, 02:11 AM   #13
ZX11
UPDATE

Kevin Peters was finally trcked down and he told them he was sending me a cashiers check by ceritfied mail

Has not been received as of 4-10-03. He also sent me an email in German that I had translated. It said he does not have the money to return. When I wrote back, I told him of the translation and not to write back in German. He wrote back saying he owes the debt and cannot pay. He went on to say, he doesn't know where to get the money.
I contacted the court in Tracy, Ca and they sent me a small claims packet with all the required papers to file suit, which I did.
A detective from the Tracy police is attempting to bring internet theft charges against him as well.
Will post as this develops...........
Michael Parkinson

Old 04-12-2003, 09:14 AM   #14
ms_terese
Glad to hear you have the determination to see this one through. I'm doubtless that you are saving multiple other people the same heartache.

I'm curious as to how much money was involved...I didn't see it mentioned in the previous posts. I'd be interested to know if it's petty theft or felony theft. I'm not sure the dollar amount is the only criteria in making that determination, though.

Good luck getting this resolved!

Old 04-12-2003, 12:47 PM   #15
Golden Gate Geckos
Twice Bitten...

Suppose this is the same guy?

http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/forums/threadid=16428

Old 04-13-2003, 09:08 AM   #16
jefjen
It is the same guy

You are correct Lizard Lady,,,,this is the same Kevin Peters as in the other thread... He IS a thief...

Old 04-13-2003, 01:13 PM   #17
ZX11
Quote:
Originally posted by ms_terese
Glad to hear you have the determination to see this one through. I'm doubtless that you are saving multiple other people the same heartache.

I'm curious as to how much money was involved...I didn't see it mentioned in the previous posts. I'd be interested to know if it's petty theft or felony theft. I'm not sure the dollar amount is the only criteria in making that determination, though.

Good luck getting this resolved!
Any amount stolen through any telecommunication devise constitutes felony theft, use of telecommunication to commit theftand falls under Federal and FCC rules.
Charges can be brought about by either local, state or federal authorities.

The amount was $250.00. But, add in Western Union charges, $40.00, cash advance charge of $10.00 and long distance charges I incurred, $40.00{ trying to run him down}. $340.00 total.
The amount I am suing for is far more than that, due to humiliation brought about by him sending the DNR and cops and stress because of The constant raids and Dept of Family and Children Services threatening to take the kids, thinking I had the animals. Plus the humiliation of my house getting ripped apart in front of the neighbors, being handcuffed and made to stand in the yard in front of neighbors, wife and kids thrown from the house while they carried out the search warrant.
Also, I neglected to mention, in my original post, this guy had also told them that I deal in illegal weapons and they dismantled my house and vehicles, as well as my workshop looking for those, too.
Since this all started, I have now been raided a total of four times by the DNR and police. I have had to allow Dept of Family and Children Services in for inspections about four or five times.
Everone is still looking for the animals and weapons.
All above staments true and correct. If neeeded, I can email copies of all email and instant messenger contacts I've had with this bum. Over 80 in all.
Michael Parkinson

Old 04-13-2003, 11:50 PM   #18
ms_terese
Michael,

Thanks for clearing up the criteria for the charges. I hope you manage to win a generous settlement. I can't even imagine the horror you've gone through!

How long are they going to wait for you to receive the supposed cashier's check? If it never comes, isn't he risking another charge of giving false information to a police officer? What a piece of work this guy is!

Good luck!

Old 04-14-2003, 03:46 AM   #19
Rick Staub
FYI

In California it is only legal to possess native venomous snake species and subspecies. Also it is not legal to sell any venomous species that is native. Therefore, regardless of which species this guy tried to sell you it was illegal. Just call the California Dept of Fish and Game enforcement branch (CDFG website) and let them know this guy is selling venomous snakes. They will take care of him pronto. Probably in concert with animal control. It does not even matter that he never finished the deal or if he doesn't currently possess the snakes. Intent is all they need to bust him.

Old 04-16-2003, 12:37 AM   #20
ZX11
Fish and Game have been notified and are working on it at this time{ so they say}.
The detective working the case has been on vacation the past two weeks and I have left two messages on his voicemail and another tonight.
I also sent Kevin Peters another email and got back the following reply:
" Life isn't all beer and skittles"
I really wish I lived about 2000 miles closer, but am glad I do not.
Thanks for the support. You are a great bunch and I'll keep you informed as things progress.
Michael Parkinson

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!