Derek Roberts/Sonoran Reptiles-Bad Guy - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-12-2003, 03:51 PM   #61
jstrayham
Pesonally I couldn't give a crap what YOU think. The whole issue is over. I didn't want to contact him so I didn't, end of story. I have learned it is better to stay away from people who lie and frankly piss me off. You can go on and on about our experience, but that's just it. It is OUR experience and not yours. If you would like to call and talk about this in a civil mannar (if that is possible for you) then do so 662 513 0830. I am home CALL ME!
No they didn't eat, no the vet couldn't help although tried very hard, no the snakes did not live, but I am sure that you would have had the "magical cure" to save them since you seem to have all the answers to transactions you were not involved in. Just because we decided to post -once again-OUR experience .. not yours.. you want to try to make us look bad, well sorry to say, but all you have done is blow a matter of a bad transaction up to show what kind of person you are. As far as I am concerened I will not continue with this petty (yes that is what I think so ALSO another reason I did not contact Derek) post. If you want you have my # so use it. Other than that Eric and I have relayed our experience and will not argue with someone who knows nothing about it. So get a life and take care of your own animals. We take care of ours fine without your help . Thanks and have a great day. Joanne Strayham

Old 11-13-2003, 12:34 AM   #62
longissima
For the record, Ms. Strayham did ask me to use another carrier than Airborne and I did not do so. She is 100% correct when she stated this. I just wish I would have known about them regurging because I live in a city with one of the best reptile vets in the country an a person I am in contact with on a weekly or so basis. I wish I was given the chance to have tried to make the situation, after they had received the snakes, better for all involved. The snakes were in my care for 4-5 weeks and yes, the came from John Ginter and yes they ate everything offered and kept it down. All H2O under the bridge now. I would just like to apologize to both Eric and Joanne for all the crap that they have been through. Just please understand my "flying off the handle" when after 2 months of silence I hear of your situation with the pines being sick and it's too late to do anything for you about it. My sincerest apologies to you both.

Old 11-13-2003, 01:25 AM   #63
jstrayham
All is fine here. It should be stated that we did not give you a chance to make things right, that was our choice. That is not something other people should worry about since we decided not to pursue it. We were only trying to share our experience, not call you a bad guy, since we do not know you personally nor have we ever seen any other animals of yours. We both made the calls
You - who you used to ship
Us- not contacting you with the problem
But they are both calls that you and we made that are in the past.
It has become tiresome trying to explain that it was only our experience. No offense to you and yours. Apology accepted.
Good luck in all your endeavors. Joanne Strayham

Old 11-13-2003, 10:22 PM   #64
ScottsReptiles
Joanne,

So what options did you try to get the snakes feeding again? From what I get from your posts, all you tried was to try to feed during different times during the day, if not multiple times. Maybe I am wrong... atleast.. I hope so..

Old 11-14-2003, 12:05 PM   #65
elago
Perhaps you should have read all the threads that I and Joanne posted Scott, including the trip to the veterinarian. This issue is over with both myself and Joanne, he apologized, we accepted, and we apologize as well for not contacting him to make things better for both parties involved. If you have time to post then you have time to read all relevant information before you do so. As I mentioned before, information is free and priceless. -Eric Lago

Old 11-14-2003, 12:14 PM   #66
ScottsReptiles
Quote:
Originally posted by elago
Perhaps you should have read all the threads that I and Joanne posted Scott, including the trip to the veterinarian. This issue is over with both myself and Joanne, he apologized, we accepted, and we apologize as well for not contacting him to make things better for both parties involved. If you have time to post then you have time to read all relevant information before you do so. As I mentioned before, information is free and priceless. -Eric Lago
Perhaps I did.. but... I see you took them to a vet.. but.. I see nothing about attempts to get a snake to feeding other than varying feeding times. If a snake is stressed out and regurging.. and you keep trying the same thing.. sounds like you are more to blame then him.. but... maybe I see different information.. who knows.

Old 11-14-2003, 09:11 PM   #67
Jules_
Dereks animals arrived today as promised. All look to be in good health. He sent a few extra animals to make up for the delay in shipping. Once he faxes or emails me the invoice, it will all be done with. Derek seems to be a fair guy and seems concerned whether his customers are happy or not. Except for the lengthy time it's taken to get the animals, I have no complaints.
Thanks Derek.

Old 11-14-2003, 10:00 PM   #68
ScottsReptiles
Thats good to hear! Thanks for the update Jules!

Old 11-15-2003, 01:28 PM   #69
Tacticalmaniac
good to hear ...

that your deal was concluded to your satisfaction and it's nice to see someone compensate a customer for their time as well .... but as Jules stated earlier in the thread ... a quick e-mail can save alot of trouble. All the same .... kudos to Derek for the thoughtfulness in additional compensation.

Old 11-18-2003, 11:00 AM   #70
elago
Sigh

"Perhaps I did.. but... I see you took them to a vet.. but.. I see nothing about attempts to get a snake to feeding other than varying feeding times. If a snake is stressed out and regurging.. and you keep trying the same thing.. sounds like you are more to blame then him.. but... maybe I see different information.. who knows."

And I reiterate, the issue is over. Different times, temperatures, and separating the pair did not resolve their issues. I also covered the cages with sheets to prevent the snakes from EVER seeing either of us in case it was a stress issue. I'm well aware that overfeeding a regurger will kill it. I spaced it out to try every week and every other week, using weanling mice first and then pinks. They ate everything offered and immediately regurged. I have to quote my g/f to end this I guess. "we can take care of our animals just fine without your help". Next time you're in Oxford MS (if ever) you're more than welcome to come by and see what we work with and the quality of their care, on feeding day if you prefer ( that would be on Saturdays). Until then, if your post isn't relevant to the thread and doesn't affect you I ask why you're stirring up dust once it's settled? ONCE AGAIN, THIS WAS OUR EXPERIENCE MADE PUBLIC NOTHING MORE. When you have a pertinent experience to post then do so. If it happened to you, I'm sure you would have had the magic cure all to make them healthy, and if not, you'd have done the same thing- made your experience public. I don't mean any offense, but some things are better left unsaid, your posts being two of them after the issue has been publicly resolved.
-Eric Lago

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!