Bad Guy Beware of Credit Card Fraud from Sarah Gassett/ Chris Wanajaya! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-01-2011, 06:51 PM   #11
Magic Merlin
Glad to hear you got your snakes back Garrick safe and sound...........Jordan, keep up the good work.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:02 PM   #12
Slashmaster
I'm so glad to hear you got your snakes back! I'd been eying that ad and discussing a trip to Mexico with my family (which was supposedly included in the deal)... glad we never got past the discussion point!

Old 12-01-2011, 07:25 PM   #13
HerpVenue
http://www.facebook.com/#!/christian.wanajaya
http://www.trulia.com/profile/cwanajaya/qanda/
http://twitter.com/#!/cwanajaya
http://www.meetup.com/The-Real-Estat...bers/13368464/

Chris W - CWI Inc
Real estate, Finance, Wholesale
PO.Box 4362
Culver City, CA 90231
(424) 442.0809 http://www.cwirealestate.com -
Attached Images

Old 12-01-2011, 07:38 PM   #14
California Breeders Union
I can't say with 100% certainty.

I do not believe that picture is actually Chris, similar looking... but all of the other information is accurate to my knowledge.

Old 12-01-2011, 07:53 PM   #15
HerpVenue
Quote:
Originally Posted by California Breeders Union View Post
I can't say with 100% certainty.

I do not believe that picture is actually Chris, similar looking... but all of the other information is accurate to my knowledge.
so this guy is to chicken to put up his own picture. Nice

Old 12-02-2011, 03:25 AM   #16
bones93
The very first day the ad was posted all but the two snakes were marked as sold....Why would you list snakes in a brand new ad that were already SOLD?...Was an automatic red flag for me. Glad this person was uncovered before someone spent their hard earned money. Good work on Garricks part and Jordan you are a truly stand up guy.

Old 12-02-2011, 09:06 AM   #17
rcarichter
I'm certainly not happy this happened to anyone, but if it hadn't been two honest and experienced guys like Jordan and Garrick, they probably would've gotten away with it until the law caught up with them due to credit card fraud. Thanks to you both for flushing this out!

Noelle

Old 12-02-2011, 11:14 AM   #18
D&Dreptiles
The Trip to mexico was a huge red flag to me. Along with anyone that shows up with no post or a very low count and high end stuff!

Old 12-02-2011, 11:50 AM   #19
ophidile
Wow, so glad the snakes got back to where they belonged. Great job Jordan Russell!!!

I do have one or two questions: was the scam that whoever Sarah Gassett is, her credit card info was stolen and used by Chris Wanajaya to buy these snakes, or do you think Sarah Gassett was a completely false ID made to get credit cards (not an easy task, as far as I know?) and buy/sell snakes, or do you think Sarah Gassett was in on it and filed a fraudulant chargeback on the card?
(I am assuming the billing name for the credit card info was Sarah Gassett)

Also, did you get hit with fees on top of having the snakes' purchase price being taken back?

Thanks for warning us.

Old 12-05-2011, 04:57 PM   #20
CrestedGeckocom
Sarah Gassett

I don't think Sarah Gassett is a real person. The cardholder who's information was stolen was someone else's completely. I'm not sure how her information was stolen, but she definitely had no knowledge of the transaction until she found it on her credit card statement. I talked to her several times while I was trying to sort this mess out. Definitely not Sarah Gassett. Chris actually emailed me later in the day after I originally posted about this. He made up a story about how Sarah Gassett is a co-worker who owed him money, because Chris had been paying her mortgage. She agreed to buy snakes for him to pay him back and Chris had no idea they were being purchased with stolen credit card info. He claims to have no idea how all of this could have happened and is innocent in the entire thing. There were lots of holes in his story and it definitely sounds made up. I hope this guy never recovers from the fallout of this scam.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!