Info Heads up on Gourmet Rodent - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-19-2015, 11:52 PM   #21
Big Borg Reptiles
I am curious though that they chose to ship to you in CT...hasnt it been below freezing there recently? THAT would be irresponsible, I agree.

Old 03-20-2015, 01:16 AM   #22
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MCMB-2 View Post
If they died from cold, I don't understand what that has to do with packaging unless the box wasn't insulated or there wasnt a heat pack...which it was, and there was. I just don't follow the logic. The cause of death seems to be a failed heat pack, which I don't think is a result of it not being wrapped up.
We don't really know the exact cause that led to the snakes' demise.
However, to explain the logic behind this particular scenario, if the heat pack was working, and ended up failing during transit, the snakes could have been "cooked" prior to the heat pack's failure. It does not have to take a very long time.
After a heat pack fails, all contents would end up being cold by the time the box reached its destination.

Either way, and no matter cause of death, it is very irresponsible to throw in a loose heat pack. Especially without some barrier between the heat pack & critters/delis.

Old 03-20-2015, 03:08 AM   #23
Pasodama
I think I may have misread something. LoL

Anyway, I did want to add this to my previous post:
Some heat pack failures are preventable.

BTW, on that note, here is one:
Wrapping, even a light wrapping, can prevent some potential heat pack failures (I had, once, been told).
I always lightly wrap my heat packs (among other things). However, one day (some time ago), I did end up having an unintentional opportunity to test this out.
Had set out an unwrapped heat pack, and it did start to heat up, but, after awhile, it started to cool (failing). Curious, I took out another heat pack, from the same package, and it did the same thing.
Ended up taking the heat packs and putting them into small/thin paper sandwich bags. Folding up the bags as well.
Lo & behold, they heated back up again (and remained hot inside the bag).

Old 03-20-2015, 10:07 AM   #24
ElexisC
I wonder if we're seeing all the packing material, also that heat pack could have been wrapped in the packing material and when he took it out it plopped right where we see the heat pack in the picture. From all the good over heard about them I'm having trouble believing that's how they really packed it.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:08 AM   #25
ElexisC
I've* stupid autocorrect.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:17 AM   #26
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
I wonder if we're seeing all the packing material, also that heat pack could have been wrapped in the packing material and when he took it out it plopped right where we see the heat pack in the picture. From all the good over heard about them I'm having trouble believing that's how they really packed it.
This situation does not negate all the good you have heard about them.

The OP stated that the heat pack was just tossed in.
The seller has not denied it nor, in their response, did they state how it was packed.
Without more info, who really knows.

Old 03-20-2015, 10:23 AM   #27
ElexisC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pasodama View Post
This situation does not negate all the good you have heard about them.

The OP stated that the heat pack was just tossed in.
The seller has not denied it nor, in their response, did they state how it was packed.
Without more info, who really knows.
Did I say it did? No. I said I have a hard time believing that's how it was really shipped, that's my opinion not fact that is was indeed shipped different than eat were shown. And as I said it could have been wrapped in the packing and in haste pulling it out the heat pack could have dropped to right where it is leading him to believe it was just tossed in. I've never bought from them so I've never seen first hand their packing job but from everything I've heard this seems like a one time fluke if that's the case. Maybe a new employee packed it? Who knows. The guy got his refund promptly so rhea made good on the purchase. Yes two animals died but they made good on it the only way they could.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:38 PM   #28
Pasodama
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElexisOrtiz View Post
Did I say it did? No.
Now, now, No need for attitude.

If you had read, it's already been stated that they made things right by sending a refund to the OP.

Only issue is if they packaged the snakes the way that the OP claims and has shown. IF they did pack, as the OP claims/shows, then I will stand by the opinion/fact that they need to improve upon their packing animals for shipment (at least the interior of the box). That's is all.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:44 PM   #29
ElexisC
I love how things get taken out of context to make it look like I have an attitude. I don't have an attitude. I saw things how I think it and don't feel I need to sugar coat for adults. If people take it as an attitude, not my fault. I'm honest, blunt, and say what I think/feel. Those used to be traits people admired but now seems everyone's so sensitive anymore. If you took it as an attitude I apologize but that's not how it was meant. Can't read tone threw text.

Old 03-20-2015, 12:44 PM   #30
ElexisC
Say* really hate autocorrect..

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!