Bad Guy Cory Clark - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-22-2018, 12:51 PM   #1
m_mcmurtray
Cory Clark

I don't know if he is a member of Fauna, but this guy is a total scammer. He has purchased multiple ball pythons from multiple people, then put in disputes for the charges on his credit card. You can see threads on him in multiple facebook pages (FBI, and Basement Ball Python Breeders/Hobbyist, etc). General Gist:
He contacted me on multiple occasions, starting in October, asking for pricing and pictures of various snakes.
On 6 Dec, he purchased 2 snakes (Butter Genetic Stripe and Butter het Genetic Stripe) using his credit card.
On 11 Dec, the snakes were shipped.
12 Dec, snakes were delivered, and he confirmed receipt and discussed how happy he was.
18 Dec, we received notification of a credit card charge dispute. When we asked him about it, he immediately started playing dumb (claiming he didn't know why that had happened), and that we shouldn't worry about it.
16 Jan, the dispute result came back, found in his favor (of course.....Square sucks). So, I informed him of this and that he owed us $300. He said he would pay as soon as he got paid.
28 Jan, still no payment, and he suddenly claimed that I was no longer talking to Cory Clark, as it wasn't his account anymore......this if Facebook, mind you......I mean, really. When I informed him that I would be contacting the police, he immediately back tracked and said that he would ship the snakes back to me. He then proceeded to block us on FB. Obviously, he didn't ship them back.

He has pulled this stunt with multiple people (Chris Baker of Texas Boa Exotics, as well as others).

The good thing is, he's dumb about it. We got our snakes back because Chris drove to his house and took them back, and has recently had to do it again.

AVOID THIS POS!!!!!
Michael McMurtray
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2018, 01:02 PM   #2
Robert Walker
Quote:
Originally Posted by m_mcmurtray View Post
We got our snakes back because Chris drove to his house and took them back,
The more information you share, the better it helps others. Since "Cory Clark" is a pretty generic name, more details help us identify the correct "Cory Clark".
Email address?
Phone number?
City where they went and retrieved the snakes at?
Facebook link?
Etc.
Thanks

Old 02-22-2018, 01:13 PM   #3
m_mcmurtray
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Walker View Post
The more information you share, the better it helps others. Since "Cory Clark" is a pretty generic name, more details help us identify the correct "Cory Clark".
Email address?
Phone number?
City where they went and retrieved the snakes at?
Facebook link?
Etc.
Thanks
Good point:
Email - Clark.Cory@live.jobcorps.org
Phone - (214) 334-7061
City - Dallas, Tx
Facebook.....I'm blocked, but here's a screenshot of his page. (Before anyone asks, no we don't have mutual friends. That's a copy of someone else's screenshot, LOL)
Attached Images

Old 02-22-2018, 01:26 PM   #4
Robert Walker
Thanks Michael.
https://www.facebook.com/Coryclark19

Old 02-22-2018, 02:14 PM   #5
Mister Internet
Is it just me, or are scammers getting dumber?

I mean, honestly... being all courageous trying to pull "this isn't Cory Clark anymore" and then turning into a scared little boy trying to push the snakes back to you as soon as you said "police".

Something tells me he really doesn't want the police involved, as they likely have his number from previous situations like this.

Old 02-22-2018, 04:48 PM   #6
Snake-Queen
Did you call the police? I would, even if it's just to inform them.

Old 02-22-2018, 09:35 PM   #7
bcr229
This was posted in the FBI group as Cory Clark has tried to pull this stunt on several sellers.

BREEDERS: If Cory has stolen an animal from you please file a POLICE REPORT with your local PD. Then request that they forward the report to the Dallas Police Department Financial Crimes Unit. Let's make this prick face the consequences of his actions!! Keep track of your time, gas, mileage, etc. (any out of pocket expense while dealing with this crime).

Financial Investigations Unit
1400 S. Lamar Street
Dallas, Texas 75215

Telephone: 214-671-3543
Email: forgery-dpd@dpd.ci.dallas.tx.us
Attached Images

Old 02-23-2018, 08:28 AM   #8
AndyUltimateReptiles
In response to OP, it's CHASE baker. Not chris.

Old 02-23-2018, 09:11 AM   #9
Drunk Man Reptiles
I've seen quite a few posts about this guy on facebook lately. Even a post where someone contacted his *girlfriend* and she made him return the snake. Sorry this happened to you MnT - you're a good company and I hate seeing things like this happen to good people. (I'm the one who met you in Hampton)

Old 02-23-2018, 09:35 AM   #10
m_mcmurtray
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyUltimateReptiles View Post
In response to OP, it's CHASE baker. Not chris.
LOL, good catch, didn't realize I put "Chris". Chase was awesome!! He got our snakes back, took great care of them while he had them, and shipped them back to us. All around GREAT GUY!!!

Yes, we did file a police report with our local PD. Didn't go anywhere, unfortunately, but I'm having them forward it to the DPD. Hopefully, with our info, and the info from the others that this has happened to, this POS will do some jail time.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!