Falys..where to draw the line??? - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Chameleons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #41
AbsoluteApril
Before anyone posts on the BOI please make sure to read the rules:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ead.php?t=8880
(name needs to be in the subject line, only one BOI thread about one person at a time, etc)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
Absolute April is Chameleon Company banned?
The user "Chameleon Company" was banned by Webslave back in 2008 but recently he lifted a lot of those old perma bans, so that account is now active again but user hasn't logged on since the ban happened.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:12 PM   #42
Texas Ranger
I think there is such thing has a high white pure faly and a low white falys. But some of the Nosy falys I have seen on the other forum simple are not pure IMO. And all these mixed up bloodlines need to admit to there self that they got screwed and move on and work on keeping this locale going the best we can.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:16 PM   #43
robmd1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
Wow look at all these people looking but not saying something I want to hear what other people have to say
i find it amazing they dont.. your neighbor is the worst he posted that we can look at his offspring hes produced an tell there faly? where are these pictures im waitin.. i always wanna see pics of falys

Old 04-06-2012, 01:17 PM   #44
clarkrw3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Ranger View Post
I think there is such thing has a high white pure faly and a low white falys. But some of the Nosy falys I have seen on the other forum simple are not pure IMO. And all these mixed up bloodlines need to admit to there self that they got screwed and move on and work on keeping this locale going the best we can.
Exactly!! It would be great if we could have a thread with lots of pictures of F1,
F2 etc and discuss what about each animal makes it Faly or not.

Thanks April, interesting stuff!

So I guess it wasn't 6-7 years

Old 04-06-2012, 01:19 PM   #45
robmd1
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkrw3 View Post
Exactly!! It would be great if we could have a thread with lots of pictures of F1,
F2 etc and discuss what about each animal makes it Faly or not.

Thanks April, interesting stuff!

So I guess it wasn't 6-7 years
told you he lies

Old 04-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #46
clarkrw3
It's funny because the Kammers posted an awesome Nosy Be yesterday out of Sinatra that has a lot of red in him. He is an awesome looking Be and they are going to start a project around him. He is 100% BE!! but looks a lot more Faly then a number of the Faly that have been sold as 100% Faly. I just wish people could be honest with themselves. I showed a bunch of pictures of my WC to that exporter and if he had told me he was a WC cross I would have sold him as such and started over, so I was relieved when he said he had NO doubt it was 100% pure Faly.

Old 04-06-2012, 01:26 PM   #47
robmd1
it really is pathetic i paid the extra an got the proven ones an they talk about them but dont talk about there own stuff. id love to see pictures one thing though i do wish people could take better pics some peoples camera skills need improving or they need take alot more pics to have more to choose good ones from.. lol

Old 04-06-2012, 02:09 PM   #48
Chameleon Nation
I for one would like to say that I personally have produced over 1000 falys in the time I have been breeding chameleons. I have seen some, what we would call perfect falys along with some that are not even close.........all from the same mom and dad. Rob you mentioned Nika and referred to an Ambilobe looking one here in Canada. That one is a brother to Bobbie..... 100%. It was not from Nika. Yet you call it a cross. Bobbie would have to be a cross if you are indeed correct. Some do honestly feel that all Raiden and Nala babies were crosses. That is just fine, doesnt hurt me one bit.

Now I am going to jump to Nosy Mitsio, more specifically the ones you purchased from me. The one you kept looks pure Mitsio yet the one Lee ended up with some say is Ambilobe. You of all people surpried me by sticking up for it. I know they are all pure but do you see how some can look the look and some do not.........yet all from the same clutch. Clark was the first one to call them all crosses along with every other line I was producing at the time. But yet called yours pure but in a private message to me called them all crosses

I missed the thread you all speak of so I dont know the chams in question. My goal is to get you to see that you will have so much variation out of the same clutch. Look at Wylde, Raidens dad, he has no white on him whatsoever. Look at Raiden, almost completely white while he was young then almost completely red months before death.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:20 PM   #49
clarkrw3
Why don't you post up that PM Drew. Because you said I said it in the thread and I DID NOT. I was raising general genetic questions and questions about the brothers of the females used in the project which everyone just glossed over.

Old 04-06-2012, 02:24 PM   #50
clarkrw3
Here I will do it for you because I don't trust anything you say!!!! Here is the PM Drew is referencing I have NOTHING to hide I am an open book!

We will have to respectfully disagree on this subject. Basically what you are saying is, it doesn't matter what the cham looks like, if I say its a _____ it is so don't question it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Nation
He is turning out nicely. Apollo was sired by Darrell from Screameleons, the mom was Nasa out of Raiden. So please tell me which one of those sires are Ambanja. Beautiful Faly.
Apollo was from Darrell and a WC unproven female...As long as we are using unproven WC females we can NEVER be 100% sure. Which brings me back to my Slash female (I have seen a male from that clutch and it looks 100% but...)that I plan on holding the offspring till I know she is not a cross.

My comments in your Mitsio thread were mostly questions. If I was directing those questions in a negative way it was at Vincent (where you got females) and not you. I watched that video and NONE of those in that video looked anything like the pictures you posted of F2's. Now, I could be wrong in my thoughts on the Mitsio and that's all they were, thoughts. I was just asking questions something that is done in the scientific community all the time. It's through asking and answering questions that we learn. There is a lot to learn about the genetics of chameleons, we haven't even scratched the surface. Mitsio's seem to be able to change color and pattern more than most panthers. I would love to go there and someday I will. I have been hooking up with medical mission groups that do work in Madi and I hope to someday make trips to the island regularly.

Maybe in Canada they call what I posted (my opinion in a polite matter) slander or harassment, but here in the US we call that free speech It just so happens that Free Speech is one of our constitutional rights. If you want to try and take me to court in Canada for that, be my guest!! Out of the three of us (You, TPM, and myself) MY post was the least slanderous of all (before you edited yours). On top of that I am the only one out of the bunch that I believe has never been warned by the forums. Now as a sponsor I am sure you can go and whine and get me warned, but I don't believe either of us to be children.

I was just going to let this lie until this second PM telling me to shut up or else. REALLY!!! You think YOU have the power to make me change my view, my language, my posting? Like I said in my first PM I will remain mostly quiet! I will not get in to public arguments with you are anyone else. So in saying that, you can always have the last word. Granted that 'last' word doesn't always make you look the best, but that is your prerogative. It's funny when I have posted up like I did in this thread I get rep points from unsuspecting sources, long time members that say "well said, my thoughts exactly but I didn't want to get involved".

So to sum it up for you: If I am quiet it will be by my own choice! And NOT because of you asking or threatening!!
BTW I went to school to be a scientist and doctor and am both

Rob
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chameleon Nation
I meant to send this first but it would let me. I did see Chucks Ambanja. It does look Faly. The problem is is that these two locales look alot alike but do have their differences. People are too hung up on the so called typical colors. You can take an Ambilobe clutch and not any two will look alike not even close. So why would this be the same for Faly or any other locale for that matter. I know what I have, I know my lines, and I am very proud of it and everything I have built. If you think something is not what it is keep it to yourself. Even though you tried to say it nicely, here in Canada it is slander and harrassmant. Trust me, I know I went to school to be a cop. Just keep it to yourself. That is all I ask.

Drew

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!