Crocodiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Crocodilian Discussion Forum

Notices

Crocodilian Discussion Forum This section is for discussions pertaining to any and all topics concerning crocodilians.

Old 09-02-2020, 11:41 PM   #1
Okcrocs
Crocodiles

Did keepers give up on crocodiles haven't seen many in a long time I miss the die hard crocodilian breeders and keepers from back in the day???!!!! Find the passion again guys we have to save these beutiful crocodilians!!!

Old 09-03-2020, 12:02 AM   #2
Reptiles for life
I think people are just getting more intelligent. Don’t get me wrong I love working with crocodilians in captivity. Only under the correct circumstances, with proper care, and with extensive amount of training to be able to work with these animals. But even if those breeders are doing everything right they are still selling to stupid human beings with no experience that think they can work with a croc. As much as I love crocs I definitely don’t think they should be put into the pet trade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-03-2020, 12:57 PM   #3
Okcrocs
Breeders and dealers

Hello fellow breeders first of all I want to thank each and every one of you out ther cause if it weren't for yall i wouldn't have ben able to experience my life with crocodiles,caimans,and alligators and as we all know it none of us probably wouldn't have if it weren't for the exotic reptile trade not the (pet) trade as some people are calling it !!!!???? All of us passionate keepers and breeders are all aware that these are not pets and to say that yall are getting more intelligent is very offensive cause the way I know for sure is that if your breeding or dealing crocodilians in America or importing them you my friends are far from stupid or unintelligent I admire everythang yall have kept and bred successfully and offered to the real passionate crocodilian exotic reptile enthusiast so please keep up the good work by importing cb breeding and dealing cause we all know that individuals cb sometimes is the only way to save some of our beutiful crocodilians and another thing we know is not to say humans are stupid inexperienced some for sure but I know yall have good enough judgement not to sale to these types of humans again keep up the good work keep breeding and dealing thanks for the years with my crocs !!!!

Old 09-03-2020, 01:41 PM   #4
AbsoluteApril
Moving this to the discussion forums

Old 09-03-2020, 05:10 PM   #5
Reptiles for life
Oh, no! I was never saying breeders are unintelligent. I was basically trying to say that less people are getting large species of crocs as pets. A good portion of the offspring produced by these breeders goes to places that it’s legal to own them as pets without permitting. This means a good portion of those people are getting those crocs without any knowledge of how to care for or properly work with it. I think captive keeping and breeding of crocodilians can be really important. Wether it be education or repopulation, but I don’t think that crocodilians should be kept as pets in a household environment. Which is why I was saying you don’t see them on sites like these as much because people are hopefully being a bit more wise on their decisions to get an animal like this. I never meant to be offensive to anybody and I do believe captive care and breeding can be very beneficial if done correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!