Good Guy Ed Clark - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-16-2011, 03:14 PM   #21
Revolution1221
Quote:
Originally Posted by illbeyoursoldier View Post
I did not know she was a moderator. My mistake on that one. And there was no disrespect meant. I did notice that there were good and bad threads that she had listed, but this is the thread of all 8 that it was reminded to keep the clutter down, which made it like I said above, seem biased. It was an opinion, not an argument or attack.
I think the point of her posting it is not creating more clutter more clutter isn't her posting in this thread but this entire thread itself. She was simply pointing out that it would have been much better to add to one of those others instead of creating a new one. Its not biased at all she can't help it if he has way more bad guy threads than good guy ones.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:16 AM   #22
rcpreis3
Quote:
April, you posted seven links in regards to Ed Clark. Why is it that this is the one you choose to remind the OP of the forum rules to prevent clutter? Is it because this is a new good guy thread, as opposed to a bad guy thread? It makes your intentions seem quite one-sided and biased.
You do realize April has only been a mod for a month or so and alot of those are older threads to where she couldnt post that friendly reminder before. Techinically me and u are breaking the rules right now by having an off topic disscussion, but dont think u can try to "corner" a mod into looking bad.

Ed Clark has been proven to have some quite shady and under par business practices, and the fact the OP knew about the BOI and ignored all the Bad guy posts that each go on for like 15+pages. (didnt actually check how many pages just a guesstamite from memory) really says something about the OP.

A) Hes not the sharpest crayon in the box, or
B) Hes just ignorant and is willing to risk a bad expirience for a cheaper animal, or
C) He didnt know about the BOI and in their discussions back and forth Ed said, "hey why dont u go to the BOI and post a good guy thread for me since u got that one animal nice and healthy like its supposed to arrive."

Also all these mutiple threads are quite annoying. This one should be closed, IMHO.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:42 AM   #23
David Scarboro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gina Gauvin View Post
I just wanted to post my experience dealing with Ed. Sorry guy's, not bad experience, but good. I purchased several high quality dragon's last year, and he was dependable, shipped quickly and it went smoothly. They were beautiful and healthy and accurately represented.
This experience is added to this forum not to diminish anyone else's negative experience , because you have a right to your opinion, and you should voice it, but just to add my experience.
I have been a victim in the past and not necessarily for the same reason's, and once it happen's you have to choose a path. A path where you let it eat at you, and relive it, or to put it behind you and get on with your life.
That is a well written, intelligent post. I congratulate you on stepping up and posting your experience, and as you put it, you have every right to post your opinion. Without coming off as baiting you, and not wanting to seem argumentative, I would like to respectfully ask a couple of questions. I would like to have a dialogue with out rancor or bitterness...

1. Were you aware of Ed's history and the tricks he has pulled, and decided to go ahead anyway, of do you just not believe that he did anything wrong?

2. Evidently, this transaction you posted of took place last year. I notice that you and Ed posted feedback for each other in the last couple of days. Can you give us a timeline on this and reveal any communication between you and Ed that led to these actions?

You do not, of course have to answer anything. Your statement can stand or fall on its own merit. You have my promise not to abuse you for anything you might say, and also to stand up for you against anyone who would, should you decide to answer in the same spirit as your original post!

Thanks for Reading!!!

Old 07-17-2011, 12:49 PM   #24
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
April, you posted seven links in regards to Ed Clark. Why is it that this is the one you choose to remind the OP of the forum rules to prevent clutter? Is it because this is a new good guy thread, as opposed to a bad guy thread? It makes your intentions seem quite one-sided and biased.
okay...

1)it's not the first time I've pointed this out to people (http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...62&postcount=3) and not the only one that does

2)Just my opinion, regardless of being a mod, that it's Ed's modus operandi to have new customers post good guy threads. I don't know Ed but do understand wanting to try to get better opinions out there. However, the OP already knew there were other threads (referenced in the 6th post) which is why I chose to post the reminder in this thread.

3)if you wish to continue to discuss for some reason, let's take it to PMs as this has all been completely off topic...

Old 07-17-2011, 06:06 PM   #25
Gina Gauvin
Thanks for inquiring!

Hi David, I thank you for your polite inquiry. You better be careful. You risk ruining your reputation at; No more Mr. nice guy! I'd be glad to tell you, I just posted ad's a few days ago for babies I bred from one of the males I bought from Ed. I have not been on fauna much in the past year because I moved to a new home and I never seemed to have enough time to spend online. So I never posted his rating's till now. My bad on him and a few others. But now I'm overwhelmed with babies, so I'm back.
I just notified Ed of my good experience with breeding his males and he posted a good trader rating. Now I'm playing catch up with placing ads and answering emails. I did see his bad guy post, and thought it was only fair to post my experience.
I did not do homework on doing a background check on him because awhile back we shared correspondence and talked on the phone, and he seemed alright to me. So I took my chance when I saw him posting his breeder male, and he turned out to be a beauty. I hope that helps.

Old 07-17-2011, 06:19 PM   #26
David Scarboro
Thank You Gina

For another well written post, and good luck with those dragons!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!