Info Kyle R. from PA, questionable KS ad - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 07-16-2011, 11:02 PM   #11
reticguy76
thats funny texting to ask why you dont THINK they are sd's.

because they arent

Old 07-16-2011, 11:18 PM   #12
Tigger the Tiger
That's was why I didn't want to text him that info. I didn't want to give him any ammo to use to scam someone with.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:32 AM   #13
herbivorous
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolfy-hound View Post
For those that know little about "dwarf" retics, could you point out why you know they are not dwarfs from the ad?
I keep and have bred pure super dwarf reticulated pythons. I can tell you that visually a pure superdwarf is a proportionately more slender animal than a mainland retic. Also, the "lines" in the pattern on a true superdwarf are considerably thinner than in a mainland retic (the black is a lot bolder on a "normal" retic). The pattern on the neck is also more broken up on a true super dwarf retic than on a mainland retic.

Real super dwarf retics are locality animals that come from a series of islands that hatch out tiny (35-60g) and max out from 6-8ft in length full grown. Whether or not an animal is a "dwarf" or "super dwarf" has nothing to do with how quickly it has grown. You cannot say that a retic is a "dwarf" because it has grown slowly (that often just means that its underfed).

Old 07-17-2011, 01:43 AM   #14
pythonjim
So is this person selling mainlands as SD's, a member on this site? He would have a better chance of selling them if he would have just called them "Hets" lol
Jim MacDonald aka pythonjim

Old 07-17-2011, 01:45 AM   #15
Tigger the Tiger
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbivorous View Post
I keep and have bred pure super dwarf reticulated pythons. I can tell you that visually a pure superdwarf is a proportionately more slender animal than a mainland retic. Also, the "lines" in the pattern on a true superdwarf are considerably thinner than in a mainland retic (the black is a lot bolder on a "normal" retic). The pattern on the neck is also more broken up on a true super dwarf retic than on a mainland retic.

Real super dwarf retics are locality animals that come from a series of islands that hatch out tiny (35-60g) and max out from 6-8ft in length full grown. Whether or not an animal is a "dwarf" or "super dwarf" has nothing to do with how quickly it has grown. You cannot say that a retic is a "dwarf" because it has grown slowly (that often just means that its underfed).
Real good info there.

Old 07-17-2011, 12:17 PM   #16
AbsoluteApril
did you let this person know you posted a BOI so they could respond?

Old 07-17-2011, 02:47 PM   #17
Tigger the Tiger
Yes I did April

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!