Just got a new cbb emerald tree boa.. Little concerned though. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Arboreal Boas/Pythons Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 05-08-2012, 09:02 PM   #1
doom23
Just got a new cbb emerald tree boa.. Little concerned though.

I got her 5 days ago,She has some wrinkles in her skin when perched, idk if I'm being superstitious here but could that be a sign she's dehydrated? Or is she maybe getting ready to shed? This is the first aborial I've ever owned and trying to figure out what to look out for. She also has not fed since i got her here,She would however grab the fuzzie for a second then let go. So should i try to feed again in a week or so? For heating i use a 60 volt ceramic heat emitter, i keep the cage at around 80-83 degrees during the day and 74-77 at night. RH is 65-75% at night and 80-100% during the day. Any more impute would be great!

Old 05-08-2012, 09:23 PM   #2
Helenthereef
A photo would help if you can manage it

Old 05-08-2012, 10:23 PM   #4
Helenthereef
She look slender but I'm not seeing any worrying wrinkles. However I am no ETP expert, hopefully someone else will chime in.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:03 PM   #5
ReptileGeek181
I am also not an ETB expert but if she was showing some wrinkles it may be that she was underfed.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
doom23
Well she won't eat so idk what to do:/

Old 05-08-2012, 11:23 PM   #7
ReptileGeek181
Before purchasing her, did you ask the seller if she was a good eater?

Also on a side note I have read in a book that young arboreal snakes are fussy eaters and a few keepers scent the food item with the entrails of a bird.

Old 05-08-2012, 11:28 PM   #8
AbsoluteApril
she doesn't look underfed or dehydrated from what I can tell (however my only experience is with ATBs and some with GTPs). Can you ask who you bought it from - is she wild caught or captive bred? *EDIT - oops, you did say she was CBB* What was she feeding on before? You shouldn't need to resort to scenting (with a lizard or chicken broth) until last resort, if she was already eating unscented before. Also find out if it was live or f/t.

She's only been with you for a few days so far, give her 1-2 weeks of peace and quiet, let her acclimate to the surroundings before trying to offer food. Then when you do, try what the prior owner was doing before trying new tricks.

Good luck!

Old 05-08-2012, 11:51 PM   #9
doom23
I bought her from dts reptiles inc. the owner Dan said she was feeding on fuzzies and to feed her 3 days after I got her in the mail but she wouldn't take. He said she was on frozen.

Old 05-09-2012, 12:14 AM   #10
pestodeculo
I've kept quite a few arboreals for quite a long time. It looks like a healthy animal to me. Sometimes if they are willing to bite it for a second it usually means they are willing to readily feed. Make sure (if your feeding f/t, and of not I would suggest it) so heat up the rodent thoroughly in hot water. This will raise the Internal temp of the feeder and usually triggers a pretty strong feeding response. Also, "tickling" the tail of the snake when perched will also frequently illicit a feeding response. Good luck!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!