rosy boa not eating - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services

Notices

Feed, Caging, Supplies & Services Discussions concerning the feeding requirements of any of our critters, the cages they need to live in while in our care, and all of the supplies and services needed to do this right.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:40 PM   #1
laurae02
rosy boa not eating

Hi, I'm new to the forum looking to get a little advice about my rosy boa. I have had him for about 6 months now and he has yet to eat a single pinky! He is still very active, and I have an under tank heater, aspen substrate, a water bowl, hiding places, and I turn on a heat lamp for a few hours during the day. I have tried frozen and live pinkys, neither of which he is interested in. He hasn't shed his skin or passed feces in months but looks healthy. I knew that they can go a few months when they are "hibernating" or looking for a mate, but I wasn't sure how long they could go. I would like to avoid force feeding and was wondering if there was something else I could try. If anyone has any suggestions, I would really appreciate it, thank you! My name is Laura, btw.

Old 09-22-2009, 04:35 PM   #2
angie.h
Hi Laura..you will probably get a great deal of help if you post this down in the boa discussion forum...I can't help b/c I"m not a snake keeper

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!