Someone needs to do something....man giving away KING COBRA on Craigslist - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Venomous Snakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-11-2007, 12:18 PM   #1
Cat_72
Someone needs to do something....man giving away KING COBRA on Craigslist

Was cruising Craigslist ads this morning, and came across an ad for a free King Cobra on Craigslist. Of course, in the text of the ad, the guy claims he's "really nice, and had been de-venomed so he can't kill you".

I've sent a polite message to the guy, trying to explain the finer points of the dangers of what he's posted, but I doubt I will get any kind of positive response. Is there anyone with the proper knowledge of these animals in the Minneapolis area that can possibly do something with this animal??? I'll include the text of the ad, in case it gets flagged off from Craigslist. I hope this isn't inappropriate to post this, I am not posting it as an "ad" as such", I'm just trying to avoid this snake from getting into the wrong hands and a tragedy happening....

Quote:
free king cobra

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Reply to: comm-394483884@craigslist.org
Date: 2007-08-11, 9:41AM CDT

i have a 13 ft king cobra that i can no longer care for. free to an good home. he's really nice. just try not to stick your finger in his mouth. he's been de-venomed so he cant kill you

Old 08-11-2007, 01:34 PM   #2
Miss Tuniwha
I saw that too Cat... I am HOPING he is doing it as a joke. There are a lot of.. jerks on CL around here.

Let me know what he replies to you with .. I am curious..

Old 08-11-2007, 01:37 PM   #3
jupiter11600
I saw it... Figured it was a joke but I could be wrong.... Hopefuly someone smart gets it if it is real...

Old 08-12-2007, 11:42 AM   #4
RCampbell
Where was that add posted? What region of the US.
I responded to the addy in this post asking whether or not this was serious or an attempt at humor.
I immediately thought some things were possible when I saw this.....
1. poor judgement and an irresponsible owner at the least.
2. law enforcement sting operation
3. someone thought it was funny
4. adenductomy should be an illegal procedure.....

Anyway sent off an email....we will see what the reply, if any is.....

Old 08-12-2007, 11:46 AM   #5
monkeywrench133
You see some scary stuff on CL, that's for sure.

I just read an ad yesterday that said "13ft male burmese python- very docile, Great with Kids." I can only hope that's a joke.

Old 08-12-2007, 04:48 PM   #6
Otter_23
This really smells of that Charles Schuck III or whatever his name was.

Old 08-12-2007, 11:44 PM   #7
Cat_72
Mark, there was a pic included with the ad of what I assumed to be the owner handling the snake on a hook....and he was not Chuck, however I can see this being the kind of thing good ol Chuck would pull on someone, selling them and telling them it was nice and wouldn't hurt them unless they stuck their finger in his mouth. Never thought of it, but it IS the right location t be one of Chuckie's associates or unfortunate customers.

RCampbell, it was in the Minneapolis Craigslist, which would be why I asked if there was anyone in the Minneapolis area who could get to this guy.

I never got any response to the email I sent him.

Old 08-13-2007, 03:13 PM   #8
jupiter11600
I had a dealings with that chuck as he posted on CL looking for some reptile programing work so my husband talked to him... Talk about a IDIOT!! What did he do here?

Old 08-13-2007, 03:32 PM   #9
monkeywrench133
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter_23
This really smells of that Charles Schuck III or whatever his name was.

Why do I know that name?

Old 08-14-2007, 12:36 AM   #10
hhmoore
search the name on the BOI, Erin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!