kenneth Yates of South Carolina - Page 51 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-03-2004, 03:41 AM   #501
justanja
No that is not Ken, that is Chad Minter, a fellow hot keeper. He disigned the ad for us. I believe there is a link somewhere in this thread to a picture of Ken holding an albino Burmese Python.

Anja Buffalo

Old 01-18-2004, 07:53 PM   #502
nvnm8
This might be to little to late. but I was the recipient of 2 of the neotropical rattlers Kevin received. As far as I know all of the ones Kevin had died, the 2 I received died within a week or two. Both were very thin as if they hadn't eaten in a while(or at all since birth) If this Ken guy loves animals so much why couldn't he feed them?

Old 01-19-2004, 04:46 PM   #503
justanja
All of those Crotalus durissus durissus were from Matt Harris in NY. There were 3.3. (1.2 yearlings and 1.2 CB 7/03 babies) All of these snakes were eating great and doing great when we were dismissed on 11/24/03. These were snakes that I had acquired for Elite for our future breeding projects. I received feeding/shed records from Matt Harris when I obtained these snakes from him at the Oct. 03 Hamburg Show. These snakes were all kept seperately as long as they were in our care and fed weekly. The day we were dismissed from Elite we saw them and they had been dumped into one sweater box container together by another employee alond with a couple of terrificus babies. These were some of the nicest durissus I had seen in a long time. I hate to hear they are all dead now. It really pi$$es me off.

GRRRRRRRRR.............

Anja Buffalo

Old 01-19-2004, 05:01 PM   #504
ms_terese
nvnm8, when did you receive the rattlers?

Old 01-19-2004, 06:37 PM   #505
MJS77
I'm a bit late on this topic...

After talking to a friend of mine today about some snakes I purchased from Elite back in October and hearinfg what he had to say about Elite, I decided to look into things, mainly due to a few tiny facts concerning the snakes I purchased.

First off, I will say that when I met Anja and James at the show where I picked these snakes up in Missouri, they seemed to be anything but lazy. Fast moving, eager to help and eager to please. They certainly seemed to know what they were doing and I think a lot of places could benefit from employees like them. If half of the vendors at that show had impressed me the way they did with their attitudes and animals, I would have spent a lot more money than what I did that day.

As for my questions about those animals, I will maybe email Anja & James and ask them privately about what I need to know. Summed up, they were great to deal with, and so far I don't regret it.

Ken owes Kevin a lot. That is all there is to it. From what I have read, Ken also owes Anja & James more than he would care to admit.

Old 01-19-2004, 08:55 PM   #506
nvnm8
I got the rattlers shortley after kevin got them. I went over to his place and picked them up.

Old 01-20-2004, 10:22 AM   #507
ms_terese
Quote:
but I was the recipient of 2 of the neotropical rattlers Kevin received. As far as I know all of the ones Kevin had died, the 2 I received died within a week or two. Both were very thin as if they hadn't eaten in a while(or at all since birth)
Actually, I think Kevin said he only received 2 neotropical rattlers, how many did you think he had?

It's a shame that they were fat and happy on 11/24, and had deteriorated to that condition by mid December.

Too many animals paid the price for this debacle.

Old 01-20-2004, 01:51 PM   #508
ReticEd
From O'Anus page 7.

Quote:
I just recieved an email from Mardi and He did bag the snakes, but he DID NOT box them or ship them. He did bag six neotropicals, but only two came to me,
From nvnm8 page 101.

Quote:
This might be to little to late. but I was the recipient of 2 of the neotropical rattlers Kevin received. As far as I know all of the ones Kevin had died, the 2 I received died within a week or two.
According to O'Anus, he only recieved two (2) neotropical rattlers yet your post makes it appear that O'Anus had more noetropical rattlers on hand from this shipment.

Also, will you post pics of your dead rattlers, with clear closeups of the head and mouth (open preferably) ?

Old 01-20-2004, 02:23 PM   #509
nvnm8
I'm sorry but I don't make a habbit of keeping dead animals in the house. That's just personal prefrence.

Old 01-20-2004, 02:35 PM   #510
gila7150
Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't make a habbit of keeping dead animals in the house. That's just personal prefrence.
Hmmm....that doesn't quite explain the discrepancy in the amount of durrisus that were received.
Maybe Kevin could find the missing dead durrisus in that ever growing pile of venomous snake carcasses he seems to be accumulating?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!