Male Tegu's housed together? - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Skinks & Tegus Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 02-05-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
KRAZE
Male Tegu's housed together?

Hey everyone, i just picked up a second large male Arg B&W from a friend who is leaving to serve our country. I introduced them to each other outside of my Tegu's enclosure. My original male, (Walter, just over 4 feet and a medium build), just moved into the new set up (6x4x3') two weeks ago, so i didnt think much of him being dominant of his territory already. However, even outside the cage, he was being very aggressive towards the new guy (Buddy, a little under 4' but very heavy build, about 1/3 heavier than Walter). He was just doing some nudging with his nose and crawling on top of him, but no attacking. They didn't fight until i put both in the cage, when he decided to grab Buddy on the nose and i separated them immediately. Walter then became aggressive towards even me, bit my shoe...twice lol. he has never been like that at all to me or anyone. Buddy was very submissive and showed no issues. I gave Buddy the large tank and put Walter in a 75 temporarily.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can eventually get them to like each other, or is it just going to be an issue forever? I kind of thought maybe letting Buddy settle into the tank, and then introduce Walter later, so he thinks its not his territory...

This is Walter and the cage: (sorry for the large pic)

Anyone with lots of Arg Tegu experience feel free to chime in!

Thanks
Kris

Old 02-07-2012, 02:48 PM   #2
Ed Clark
2 adult male tegu's living in the same cage is a bad situation for both of them.it probably will result in a bloody mess with missing body parts.

Old 03-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #3
tegu man
i get at sometimes 4 to 5 males together outside it just make it harder for feeding

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!