foam and spray paint - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - General Discussion Forums > Amphibian Discussion Forum

Notices

Amphibian Discussion Forum General talk about amphibians of any type.

Old 06-17-2015, 10:22 PM   #1
Floridasoftshells
foam and spray paint

Hello,

I began a project for my 29 gallon aquarium meant for tiger salamanders and now thinking I did it wrong. I bought a sheet of plastic egg crate and used expandable foam to form rocks and build planters for live planters. Then I use spray paint for texture and color (this is where I failed to do complete research). I have been coating the whole project in polyurethane since (multiple coats). I have not put the salamanders with this background because it's not finished and now I'm worried that this may seriously harm them with the spray paint. It looks really cool...any suggestions on coating it or should I scrap it and start over? Thanks in advance!

Old 06-18-2015, 09:19 AM   #2
Densen
maybe silicone would work? if you put a really good coat over all of it. thats what I am doing to cover my Viv. you can also rub cocohusk into it and it looks great. Not as easy as it looks though. Im sure there are faster and cheaper ways but thats just an idea. get GE or aquarium safe silicon

Old 06-18-2015, 12:06 PM   #3
Floridasoftshells
Thanks Densen...I will try and post some pictures soon.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!