Good Guy Gary Schiavino - Great Guy. - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-26-2010, 01:13 PM   #1
DaTa
Gary Schiavino - Great Guy.

Sorry for the long winded post but it's important to me for you to understand my decision making in this expensive endeavor.

When purchasing an expensive animal it can be very scary deciding on who, what, when? A bunch of things go through your mind... am I going to make my money back, should I just get them and enjoy them and if I breed great but if not oh well, should I even do this, should I just buy a motorcycle ? All of these questions went through my mind. Over the years I have been in this hobby as a passionate keeper but not as a breeder and I always dreamed of being at the beginning of a hobby changing project. The albino burmese, pied ball, tiger retic, and so on. Well I had set my sights on carpet python morphs and though they might not have the same impact as the others mentioned (but maybe they will... hopefully), this was the project I decided to go with. Now I had to chose my supplier. Well there are a few people out there that are providing these animals consistently and for me it was a difficult decision (at first). I wanted this person to be a long time vendor for me including albino and granite. This first purchase would be for a pair of het. albino carpets.

After a month of researching a few possible suppliers, I decided to go with Gary Schiavino for a few reasons.
--Passion, this is a hobby for Gary too, just like me. Not a business but someone who said, I want to try this. I just wish I had his German connections!
--Commitment, Gary gave me a lot of information and help before I made my decision (hopefully any good sales person would) but also said several times, "If I can't get you what you are looking for maybe I can put you in contact with someone who can" or "Listen no stress if you can't do it now call me when you can"
--Quality/well fed animals, in my search, I found that Gary's animals were the right size for their age and had weight but not overfed. His animals will be ready for breeding when they are suppose to be. Very important since I wanted/paid more for animals that would be ahead of '09s. It would have been very frustrating buying animals that were older than '09 but had almost the same weight.
--Honesty, Gary was VERY honest. Even if it didn't put his animals before others.

Ok... to sum it all up (finally), Gary has been a pleasure to work with. Patient, organized, quick to respond and most importantly.. honest.

Thank you Gary for my perfect transaction. I look forward (my wallet doesn't) to many more purchases from you so I can be part of the carpet morph future.

Sorry for the long post!

David Tanner

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!