Ophidiophile Farms - Inquiry - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 02-13-2003, 02:14 PM   #1
Dianne Johnson
Talking Ophidiophile Farms - Inquiry

Okay, blame it on Reptiles magazine - I found another type of boa I'd like to get into - the Malagasy Tree Boa. Scientific name: Boa manditra formerly Sanzinia madagascariensis. I'm in research mode right now to determine if A) I can even afford these & B) Husbandry/Breeding info.

So far, Ophidiophile Farms is the only company I've found on US soil that sells this particular species (very limited availability from my understanding anyway). I've done a search on the BOI, but didn't find any info one way or the other. Anyone dealt with them? Opinions? Comments?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks,
Dianne

Old 02-13-2003, 03:14 PM   #2
sean brady
If your talking about the Bassets(Eugene)
you don't have to worry...
they are a little higher priced.
BUT, You get what you pay for.

Old 02-13-2003, 03:49 PM   #3
Dianne Johnson
Sorry, should have put the fellow's name in the first post. The only name listed on the website for Ophidiophile Farms is David P. Tracer.

Dianne

Old 02-14-2003, 06:37 PM   #4
reptileguy
David is a great guy - He stands behind his sales much longer than you would ever expect him to! But he's in Papua New Guinea right now ;-)

Old 02-17-2003, 04:40 PM   #5
Blackwater Reptiles
Doug Taylor in Seattle has a sexual pair of Mad Tree boas (Sanzinia) for sale on that "other" reptile related web site, right now, for $2,000 for the pair... Doug is a first rate guy, and his animals are well looked after... The babies he's selling were bred at his place.....

Tom Townsend

Old 02-21-2003, 01:56 PM   #6
Dianne Johnson
Talking

Thanks for the input guys!

I'm not ready to purchase just yet. I still need to research husbandry and general info on them a bit more before I make a move to purchase any (probably a pair when I do). Perhaps I'm a bit overcautious, but I generally try to completely research most new animals unless I know there is abundant information and resources on them. Not to mention, I need to save my pennies.

Thanks again!
Dianne

Old 08-11-2005, 10:23 PM   #7
romad119
I bought a Namibian House Snake from Daivid. It arrived very well packaged and is wondering around exploring his new home now. Everything went smooth and quick when dealing with him.

Old 08-12-2005, 10:49 AM   #8
Mickey_TLK
I have dealt with Dave Tracer on a number of occasion, and have never been anything but completely satisfied with our deals. I would highly reccomend him to anyone, hes definately a good guy.

Old 01-27-2010, 08:25 PM   #9
EA7770
I just completed a purchase from David Tracer that was fantastic. Good price, great animals, exceptional "customer service". Just thought I'd stick this on here since nobody has made any recent comments on him.

Ethan M. Allen
Riverside Reptiles
Geckos Unlimited Admin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!