Looking for small breeds - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Boas Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 09-22-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
Jonathan P
Question Looking for small breeds

I recently posted a similar request on the python forum and received some great direction. Since I haven't decided whether I would like to add another python or boa to my small collection I was hoping for some direction.

I am interested in boas that remain below 6 feet. I have seen ground and rosy boas - these don't appeal to me, and arboreal boas don't appear to the type that tolerate handling super well.

Looking forward to learning from your experience and knowledge.

Old 09-22-2008, 10:31 AM   #2
Mooing Tricycle
whats your pricerange for said boa? I can list off a whole bunch, but if youre looking for something specific, i can list off just those

Old 09-22-2008, 10:46 AM   #3
Jonathan P
I am thinking in the price range 150 - 200 or below. Not worried about male vs. female or het traits as I don't intend to breed.

Old 09-22-2008, 11:09 AM   #4
OrganicBoas
Take a look at the Hogg Island boas

Old 09-22-2008, 11:31 AM   #5
Mooing Tricycle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan P View Post
I am thinking in the price range 150 - 200 or below. Not worried about male vs. female or het traits as I don't intend to breed.
Hog Islands, as Damian pointed out. (though females can get big, and heavy in some cases)

You can also look at Caulker Cay Boas ( i always recommend these guys, theyre GREAT! stay small, eat wonderfully and can be kept like BPs) or you might look at Brazilian Rainbow Boas, and also Viper Boas. Rosy boas, and Sand boas are others that stay small too. and come in all sorts of colors.

Skill wise, it depends. if you have kept other species before, and feel you can meet the needs of any of these guys, youll be golden. just research em before you buy ( which im sure youre going to do). Most snakes can be easy if you have everything set up right in the first place.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!