Hatching Time! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 08-21-2009, 04:14 PM   #11
jguyer1
The Ghost X Anery clutch has begun to pop open.

The Ghost is het Amel, The Anery mom is supposedly a multi het. We'll see I suppose.

Old 08-23-2009, 07:53 PM   #12
jguyer1
The clutch from my quad het female has finished hatching and I've sorted out the babies. I'm happy to report that we got 18 hatchlings out of 18 eggs in this clutch. Also, the Normal Male that I bred to the quad het is now a known het Amel.

The funny thing is the Amels that came out of this pairing. They are bright orange and look like Creamscicles but there is no Emoryi blood present. These are pure Corn.

Old 08-24-2009, 09:19 PM   #13
jguyer1
Had a run of bad luck with the Creamscicles.

Only 7 out of 20 eggs even hatched. Of those, not one, but two of them drug unformed twins out of the egg with them. Then one of the seven was found dead today for no apparant reason. Then of the remaining six, five of them were deformed with bellies not together and guts coming out. One of those even already had maggots up inside the abdominal cavity while it was alive. Those five became Kingsnake food and I ended up with only one healthy looking baby out of the whole mess.

I don't think that I'll pair that male with that female ever again.

Old 08-25-2009, 09:05 PM   #14
jguyer1
Here's a baby pile of one Bloodred with some Outcrosses and some Normals:

Here's a view of the first Bloodred I ever hatched:

The same day that I sorted that clutch, the second clutch of possible Bloodreds started hatching!

And the first baby to break the confines of its egg is a Bloodred!

Old 08-26-2009, 08:19 PM   #15
jguyer1
Pairing up that Ghost het Amel to that multi-het Anery turned out to be a great pairing!

Here's a baby pile of 2 Ghost Motleys, 2 Anery Motleys, 1 Ghost, 2 Snows, and 2 Anerys:

Old 08-27-2009, 08:49 PM   #16
jguyer1
The first clutch out of my Lavender Motley project started popping a couple of days ago. I wanted to wait until I saw a Lavender poking its head out of an egg before I took the photos.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:59 PM   #17
jguyer1
Now this is a very pleasent surprise!!!

Out of my second Outcross X Outcross pairing, the clutch hatched an unusually high number of Bloodreds and three Hypo Bloodreds!!!!!

I hatched out both parents and have no idea where the Hypomelanism came from, but I'm not complaining!

Here's some baby pile shots of Hypo Bloodreds, Bloodreds, Outcrosses, and Normals:

Old 08-30-2009, 08:42 PM   #18
jguyer1
Those orange colored Amels that I hatched that came out of the egg looking like Creamscicles have undergone quite a color change during their first shed. Now they are all a pretty bright red. Are these Flourescents?

Old 08-31-2009, 10:21 PM   #19
jguyer1
The first clutch of the Lavender Motley project has been sorted.

I didn't get any Lavender Motleys out of this but I did get this Zig Zag Lavender:

Unfortunately though it has a bit of a spine kink. I'm going to hold onto it for a bit and see if it grows out of it.

We still have one more clutch of possible Lavender Mots to go that should start popping at any time and also a couple of doubleclutches. I hatched Lavender Motleys last year and we will get them again this year!

Old 08-31-2009, 11:01 PM   #20
reptile_jones
That is a nice group of babies!!! What are the Outcross?

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!