Bad Guy Jim @ J and W exotics - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-03-2010, 04:42 PM   #1
lbratcher4
Thumbs down Jim @ J and W exotics

I had a bad experience with this guy I did a trade with him on Aug. 28th as he drove thru my area on the way to another show and he arrived at my house it was around midnight and dark out. I traded him to get 6 tri color hognose snakes I tried to check them with a flashlight as best I could but it was hard to see them with it being dark out but they looked fined outside so I did the trade and brought them in to set them up better in new containers. When setting them up I noticed 1 was extremely skinny with the spine showing I don't know how I didn't notice it outside unless it was puffing up or something but it died the next morning. The rest of them looked ok but I soaked them all in water and they drank alot like they hadn't been offered water in a long time. I call Jim the next morning and told him about the one that died and how unhappy I was and he said he would make it up he does the local show and he would bring a replacement for it to the Dec. show as he was holding back 3. After a week I tried to feed the other 5 and only 1 ate which I can understand they are hogs, but after several feeds of live, f/t and scented I only got 1 more to start eating the other 3 had to be force fed. I talked to him about this and he claims they were all eating. In Nov. I finally got another one to start eating live. Then early dec. the female that had eaten all along just up and dies for no apparent reason I know I cant point that at him but I have kept alot of snakes for many years and never had that happen yet. Then the Dec. show came I contacted him to let him know a friend would pick her up and he told me he was not doing the show for lack of inventory. So I e-mailed him to ask when he is coming thru next so I can get her and never got a reply. I e-mailed him and let him know I am frustrated and he can send the money for the value of the snake or I will post to let people know how he is and once again no reply. At this point I have 2.2 left with 1.1 needing to still be force fed. I have given way more than enough time to make this right and he obviously don't care about his customers.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:22 PM   #2
Rainbowboaman
I know it was late but why didn't you have him come into your house while he was just outside where you could look them over in better light? Im confused at some of your post, you stated you got 6 & one died & you were left with 2.2 feeding & 1.1 assist feeding? Did I miss something?

Old 01-03-2010, 05:37 PM   #3
SnakeEyesExotics
I think he meant that he now has 2.2 left, with 1.1 of those needing to be force fed.

Anya Hogan

Old 01-03-2010, 05:48 PM   #4
lbratcher4
I didn't have him come in because my wife and kids were asleep and I didn't want to wake them. I know that was stupid but like I said they looked ok outside and the other 5 still looked ok. I said the one that was the first eating died in early dec. that was the second one to die. Either way weather I should have looked them over better or not it don't excuse this guy for his actions it is no different than if I had them shipped to me and he sold me bad snakes its still not right.

Old 01-03-2010, 05:49 PM   #5
lbratcher4
sorry the 1.1 is out of the 2.2 so 1.1 are eating on their own and 1.1 are being force fed

Old 01-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #6
Rainbowboaman
ok got it!

Old 01-22-2010, 04:32 PM   #7
purpledragon
I bought a 1.2 trio from Jim in October. The snakes were very small, but I was able to get them eating right away. They were & are perfectly healthy. I'm assuming you've read about the tri-colors and understand they are finicky eaters. I'm having to scent my pinks with lizards, but they eat everytime I offer. I've even got one eating with no scenting. These snakes are harder than other hogs to get eating. It takes time & patience. My do drink alot of water. More than any other snake I own. Hopefully, the snakes you have left will continue to thrive.

Jim's a good guy. If you give him a chance, he will make it right.

Old 01-23-2010, 02:46 AM   #8
lbratcher4
I have plenty of experience with hogs and tri color hogs I know how finicky they can be but I can tell these were not eating. Jim is a bad guy I have given him months to make it right and he is now at the point of ignoring my e-mails. He said he wasn't going to be at the show in dec. but my buddy said he was there not selling just browsing so he could have brought a replacement or money at that time but chose not too. This guy is a flipper and is not good for the reptile community. Think how many people at these shows buy their first snake from him that he says is eating and it dies on them and they decide this is not for them, what a scum bag.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:35 AM   #9
vodkadreamzzz
Jim

I deal with Jim, and vend at his shows. I or any one else I know at that matter has never had a problem, and whats this about a flipper? 90% of people who vend could technically be "flippers" that is outright retarded to call someone that.

I am sure if you had some patience, and more communication that this could have been resolved..

Old 01-23-2010, 10:24 AM   #10
lbratcher4
more patience than months are you nuts whats wrong with you oh I see your from Oklahoma too so you must be friends with him. I have made several e-mails too him and at first he said he would make up for it and never did anything about it and after that stopped answering e-mails I gave him plenty of time. If I have a problem with someone I sell an animal to I would take care of it right away. He wasn't planning on fixing the problem he just figured he would screw over another person. And I can make any comment I want on flippers like the fact that 90% of the vendors are flippers I would go further and say 90% of them are scum that don't quarintine the animals they flip so they send out animals that could have problems (probably including you). If you don't like being called a flipper then breed your own animals and stop flipping others.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!