Inquiry Pete Kahl - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-13-2010, 09:55 PM   #1
Timothy neville
Pete Kahl

Pete Kahl is the worst person to get ahold of. He never answers his phone, returns emails and voicemails. When you do get ahold of him and ask questions or request pictures of high end animals your interested in purchasing her never gets back to you. I had 10K I was wanting to spend with him on boa morphs but not now. Save yourself the trouble and don't contact Pete Kahl he will never get back to you and is clearly in the business for the $$.

When I email someone and I have $2,500 to spend on a sunglow Arabesque I want a quick responce with answrs to my questions and pictures of available animals so I can pick out the animal I favor... Pete just wants you to send the $$ and he'll send you whatever he wants whenever he wants back to you. He's a major butthole to deal with!

Old 01-13-2010, 10:09 PM   #2
deborahbroadus
Is this an Inquiry,because it's posted as one.

Regardless, I am sorry you seem to have had a bad experience.

I have met PK at a MD show, and I have to say that my experience was the exact opposite. I purchased a Pastel het Pied Male from him, and with a bunch of other people competing for his attention, he was extremely patient with me and I am very satisifed with my animal.

Old 01-13-2010, 10:28 PM   #3
Arabesqueboa.com
Personally I feel Pete Kahl is a good guy. I have purchased many boas from Pete over the years (some that cost a few hundred dollars and then some that went into the few thousand dollars) with nothing but excellent service including phone calls and emails with pics in quick response each and every time. I've always had great customer service over the years and received top quality animals!

Old 01-13-2010, 10:33 PM   #4
lanceheads
I agree. I've met Pete many times, and he is a great guy. Funny too.
I'm very surprised about your communications (or lack thereof) with him.
Maybe is he was very busy, or maybe you are a tad impatient?
Try him agian.

Randal Berry

Old 01-13-2010, 10:54 PM   #5
Tigger the Tiger
Thumbs up

I'm sorry that you feel that way about Pete, but sometimes that's how it is. I've called and emailed Bob Clark many times with no responce but when you run a business as big as what these guys run you should understand why they can't always get back to you. They must get tons of messages a day so I know they'll get to me when they can. Also, just because you have X amount of dollars doesn't mean that they are going to drop everything they're doing to give the the fast responce time that you want.

Old 01-13-2010, 11:22 PM   #6
illbeyoursoldier
Pete is a GREAT guy to do business with. He has great animals and is a genuine good person. I do know from the grape vine that he has some personal issues going on, and I bet his communication (or lack-there-of) has a huge deal to do with it. He can be difficult to get a hold of sometimes, but not impossible. Trust me, he's not like this always, and I am sorry for your bad experience... but I can defend him saying he has a lot things going on right now, outside of reptiles. Cheers.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:10 AM   #7
polasian
The following is what I got from your post...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timothy neville View Post
Pete Kahl is the worst person to get ahold of.
That's a bold statement which holds no weight. You just threw that in there to take a jab at Peter. Nice way to start off a thread...and it pretty much sets the tone for everything else you typed.

Quote:
He never answers his phone, returns emails and voicemails.
Never? Really? Yet in the very next sentence you state that you were occasionally in direct contact with Pete.

Quote:
When you do get ahold of him and ask questions or request pictures of high end animals your interested in purchasing her never gets back to you.
I guess we have different definitions of the word "never."

Quote:
When I email someone and I have $2,500 to spend on a sunglow Arabesque I want a quick responce with answrs to my questions and pictures of available animals so I can pick out the animal I favor...
Yes sir!!! Right away captain!!! That's what it looks like to me...you asked Pete to jump and he didn't respond quickly enough with "How high?"

Quote:
he will never get back to you and is clearly in the business for the $$.
That is a contradiction. If Pete is just in it for the money, it would be rather counterproductive for him to ignore inquiries...don't you think? What makes your statement even more childish, is that you were apparently dangling 10k in his face...yet he doesn't get back to you simply because hes just in it for the money. Yea, that makes perfect sense. Another jab.

Quote:
I had 10K I was wanting to spend with him on boa morphs but not now.
Quote:
Pete just wants you to send the $$ and he'll send you whatever he wants
You decided that Pete wasn't worthy of your business, yet you imply of having first hand knowledge of the animals he sends out? How do you know that? Did you buy from him or didn't you? I'll put my neck on the line and assume that you didn't spend this 10K with Pete. If that's the case then are you telling us you purchased from him in the past? If so...that again nullifies your claims of Peter "never" being reachable. Buying from him in the past just to come back and buy from him again, shows that you were once a happy customer. What you typed above can be easily interpreted as Pete sending out misrepresented animals. (I.E. "I purchased female #3 off his site but he sent me whatever he wanted, which turned out NOT to be the female that I thought I was buying" ) At this point that looks like YET ANOTHER jab.

Quote:
He's a major bhole to deal with!
Yea...you seem like a real gentleman yourself.

How about you try this again. Form a cohesive argument, or in the least, provide us with details.

- How long did your inquiries go answered?
- Have you ever purchased anything from Pete?
- If you have purchased animals from Pete, did you receive something other than what you ordered?

Lets go from there shall we?

I'm NOT saying that your beef with Pete isn't legitimate. What I am saying is that its hard to determine what exactly happened. If your going to proclaim a man as a bhole, and time telling people to stay clear of him...then perhaps you might want to provide some specifics that led you to that determination. I think that's the least you can do. Your making a lot of noises here without providing a lot of facts.

Old 01-14-2010, 02:35 AM   #8
polasian
EDIT

- How long did your inquiries go answered?

SHOULD read;

- How long did your inquiries go unanswered?

Old 01-14-2010, 02:37 AM   #9
Rainbowboaman
I have dealt with Peter many times on fairly high dollar deals both in person at shows & from online & never had any problems with his communication. I will say he prefers phone over emails as I think with the amount of inquires he gets is high. What is the time frame from your first contact to your last?

Old 01-14-2010, 07:57 AM   #10
Kevin S
what

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigger the Tiger View Post
I'm sorry that you feel that way about Pete, but sometimes that's how it is. I've called and emailed Bob Clark many times with no responce but when you run a business as big as what these guys run you should understand why they can't always get back to you. They must get tons of messages a day so I know they'll get to me when they can. Also, just because you have X amount of dollars doesn't mean that they are going to drop everything they're doing to give the the fast responce time that you want.
your ok with this ? If there business is so big shouldnt they have someone to answer emails and calls for them? Like a personal assist? They are no diffrent fro myou or I we both put our pants on the same way.
Kevin

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!