Info Eric Ivins - Use with caution - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 01-22-2010, 07:37 PM   #1
DeeSeven
Eric Ivins - Use with caution

I ordered 6 pacmans from Eric. I was pleased with the transaction until today. I paid for my frogs back in december and was told he would be shipping in jan. due to the weather. Which was fine with me and so the wait began. I emailed Eric on Jan. 4th asking when he planned on sending out the frogs because I needed to take the day off. He said it was still too cold and he'd let me know when he shipped out. Fast forward to tuesday, I got a email from Eric saying he has another order being shipped up to new york on thursday and whats my weather like. So I responded back with my temps and that was the I heard of him until today. Around 1030am I got a knock on the door and I got a package from Eric. Thankfully I was home and not at work like I should have been that day. I got no tracking number, no email no nothing to let me know my package was going out. All 6 frogs came in and I start to unpack the frogs, and come to find out one of the green pacmans I ordered has a nasty case of red leg. How could you miss a frog that has his legs almost completely out and not the typical "pacman stance"? I've included pictures to determine for yourself. Ive sent eric and email, I put this as info because while I'm a little upset that I had no knowledge of the package coming and now I have red leg to deal with ontop of that I'm giving him a chance to make it right.

Daniel Perciballi

Old 01-22-2010, 07:51 PM   #2
ozz465
DaMm they look bad , hope it works out for u .

Old 01-22-2010, 08:41 PM   #3
EricIvins
Nothing like giving me a chance to respond via E-mail.........

First off - The Frogs were to be sent Thursday for Friday arrival. It was my mistake that the last E-mail I sent was vague. That was my fault -

What are the temps looking like now? I'm sending other Frogs to up-state New York on Thursday, so the temps may be alright to get these guys off to you?

Thanks,
Eric
----- Original Message -----
To: Eric Ivins
Sent: Tuesday, January 05, 2010 8:26 PM
Subject: Re: Red Albino, Albino, and Normal Pacman Frogs - December Sale!

Very true eric. My lows are 20s to teens. I hope it warms up soon
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Date: Tue, 5 Jan 2010 20:25:22 -0500
To: Q<teamendorphins@gmail.com>

Daniel,

The problem with this week is temperatures. What are the lows like where your at?

Thanks,
Eric
To: eivins1@cfl.rr.com
Sent: Monday, January 04, 2010 4:57 PM

Eric,
Hello eric I hope you had a good holiday I was wondering if you had a certain date you were going to ship the frogs this week. I'm asking because I have to take half a day and would like to put my request in asap. Thank you

Daniel

- Second - Here is the Tracking information. I use the E-mail address on the Paypal payment, which may or may be the actually be the E-mail that's physically used. I try to stay on top of that, but I'm human, and I do make mistakes -

This message was sent to you at the request of Eric Ivins to notify you that the electronic shipment information below has been transmitted to UPS. The physical package(s) may or may not have actually been tendered to UPS for shipment. To verify the actual transit status of your shipment, click on the tracking link below or contact Eric Ivins directly.

Important Delivery Information

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scheduled Delivery: 22-January-2010

Shipment Detail

Ship To:
Daniel Perciballi
105 Village Dr.
Apt. 520
Wethersfield
CT
US
Number of Packages 1
UPS Service: NEXT DAY AIR
Weight: 1.0 LBS

Tracking Number: 1Z14W5620196539648

Click here to track if UPS has received your shipment or visit
http://www.ups.com/WebTracking/track?loc=en_US on the Internet.

____2rr2rr2p8LlnhO____

Discover more about UPS:
Visit www.ups.com
Read Compass Online

© 2010 United Parcel Service of America, Inc. UPS, the UPS brandmark, and the color brown are trademarks of United Parcel Service of America, Inc. All rights reserved.
For more information on UPS's privacy practices, refer to the UPS Privacy Policy.
Please do not reply directly to this e-mail. UPS will not receive any reply message.
For questions or comments, visit Contact UPS.

This communication contains proprietary information and may be confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, the reading, copying, disclosure or other use of the contents of this e-mail is strictly prohibited and you are instructed to please delete this e-mail immediately.
Privacy Policy
Contact UPS

- Now, I'm awaiting a response, as I can't view pictures on my Phone like I can a computer. I try to be quick with responses, but again, sometimes it doesn't work out that way........

Old 01-22-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
DeeSeven
eric I'm not accusing you of being a "bad guy" I'm giving you the chance. If you correct it then I'll make note that you made good. hence why I said "info" and not "bad guy"...The email you "sent to my paypal account" never showed up. I have both email accounts going to my phone and neither my phone nor my gmail account shows the email. I'm just wondering how you let out a frog that clearly has red leg or pretty close to it. Temps or not I'm not worried about that cause if the temps were in the high 70s it still wouldnt have fixed his red leg

Old 01-23-2010, 03:23 AM   #5
spawn
Daniel, you concluded the frog has "red leg" how? This is an idiotic thread. You're a ridiculous customer. You're the reason buying frogs on retail is getting harder and harder.

And if it were red leg as you claim, you'd know that that can appear after shipping, and it might not have looked like that when Eric sent it out. He hand-picks animals from other dealers. I'm sure he didn't intentionally select a piss-poor looking frog to send out. Eric has the best communication in the business and one of the FEW who would hold a frog for a month before sending it out.

Instead of solving it in private, you decided to be a dick, and bring it out in the open. Instead of whining and having ridiculous standards (it might actually have Chytrid fungus - I don't see any reddening of the undersides; how you came to conclude red leg is beyond me, but probably on par with your affinity for jumping to conclusions), maybe you could get some 2% solution of copper sulfate or potassium permanganate and treat the frog in a bath, rather than waiting until the frog dies from "red leg" and then post more pictures of a then-dead frog and make Eric look bad because you don't know what the hell you're talking about.

Old 01-23-2010, 06:47 AM   #6
kmurphy
Quote:
eric I'm not accusing you of being a "bad guy" I'm giving you the chance. If you correct it then I'll make note that you made good. hence why I said "info" and not "bad guy"...The email you "sent to my paypal account" never showed up. I have both email accounts going to my phone and neither my phone nor my gmail account shows the email. I'm just wondering how you let out a frog that clearly has red leg or pretty close to it. Temps or not I'm not worried about that cause if the temps were in the high 70s it still wouldnt have fixed his red leg
Your thread title states "Use with Caution". Kind of a 'bad guy' description to me. Is this the first time that the seller is learning that there was even a problem? Daniel, however this is resolved you are not looking good.

Old 01-23-2010, 07:34 AM   #7
Lucille
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeSeven View Post
Ive sent eric and email, I put this as info because while I'm a little upset that I had no knowledge of the package coming and now I have red leg to deal with ontop of that I'm giving him a chance to make it right.
I really think that some customers have a tendency to jump the gun. In the above paragraph you state that you sent the seller an enail with your concerns. Then, before the ink is dry (or the elctronic equivalent) you race over to the BOI and publish this thread before the seller has a chance to deal with it.

I just don't think that's OK. The BOI is a powerful business tool that allows buyers and sellers to check out transactions and make buying decisions based on the experience of others. But sometimes things go wrong even for the best of sellers.

You did not give your seller a chance to respond before starting a 'use with caution' thread. Now, however he handles this, the thread will remain, and maybe there was no reason for it.

I think this thread sends a clear and unequivocal message to all frog dealers simply to refuse to deal with you as a customer. There is always going to be the occasional glitch, and the measure of a seller is how he/she responds. You gave your seller no chance to respond before plastering his name on the BOI, and I would hope no other frog dealer would ever have to go through having his name here before he even had a chance to respond.

Old 01-23-2010, 05:43 PM   #8
Ed Clark
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeSeven View Post
I ordered 6 pacmans from Eric. I was pleased with the transaction until today. I paid for my frogs back in december and was told he would be shipping in jan. due to the weather. Which was fine with me and so the wait began. I emailed Eric on Jan. 4th asking when he planned on sending out the frogs because I needed to take the day off. He said it was still too cold and he'd let me know when he shipped out. Fast forward to tuesday, I got a email from Eric saying he has another order being shipped up to new york on thursday and whats my weather like. So I responded back with my temps and that was the I heard of him until today. Around 1030am I got a knock on the door and I got a package from Eric. Thankfully I was home and not at work like I should have been that day. I got no tracking number, no email no nothing to let me know my package was going out. All 6 frogs came in and I start to unpack the frogs, and come to find out one of the green pacmans I ordered has a nasty case of red leg. How could you miss a frog that has his legs almost completely out and not the typical "pacman stance"? I've included pictures to determine for yourself. Ive sent eric and email, I put this as info because while I'm a little upset that I had no knowledge of the package coming and now I have red leg to deal with ontop of that I'm giving him a chance to make it right.

Daniel Perciballi
Daniel you jumped the gun with this post, you should have given Eric a chance to make it right before posting this.

Old 01-25-2010, 03:36 PM   #9
DeeSeven
Quote:
Originally Posted by spawn View Post
Daniel, you concluded the frog has "red leg" how? This is an idiotic thread. You're a ridiculous customer. You're the reason buying frogs on retail is getting harder and harder.

And if it were red leg as you claim, you'd know that that can appear after shipping, and it might not have looked like that when Eric sent it out. He hand-picks animals from other dealers. I'm sure he didn't intentionally select a piss-poor looking frog to send out. Eric has the best communication in the business and one of the FEW who would hold a frog for a month before sending it out.

Instead of solving it in private, you decided to be a dick, and bring it out in the open. Instead of whining and having ridiculous standards (it might actually have Chytrid fungus - I don't see any reddening of the undersides; how you came to conclude red leg is beyond me, but probably on par with your affinity for jumping to conclusions), maybe you could get some 2% solution of copper sulfate or potassium permanganate and treat the frog in a bath, rather than waiting until the frog dies from "red leg" and then post more pictures of a then-dead frog and make Eric look bad because you don't know what the hell you're talking about.
ridiculous standards like my frog should sit normal? and not have it's legs stuck out to the side and its underside completely red? The frog is already being treated and QT'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmurphy View Post
Your thread title states "Use with Caution". Kind of a 'bad guy' description to me. Is this the first time that the seller is learning that there was even a problem? Daniel, however this is resolved you are not looking good.
"use with caution" doesn't mean bad guy..ed clark is a "use with caution" seller would I buy from ed? more then likely I would I've seen ed's low and high points. You just have to be careful what you get from Ed. Simple as that. Eric was emailed prior to this thread being made.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucille View Post
I really think that some customers have a tendency to jump the gun. In the above paragraph you state that you sent the seller an enail with your concerns. Then, before the ink is dry (or the elctronic equivalent) you race over to the BOI and publish this thread before the seller has a chance to deal with it.

I just don't think that's OK. The BOI is a powerful business tool that allows buyers and sellers to check out transactions and make buying decisions based on the experience of others. But sometimes things go wrong even for the best of sellers.

You did not give your seller a chance to respond before starting a 'use with caution' thread. Now, however he handles this, the thread will remain, and maybe there was no reason for it.

I think this thread sends a clear and unequivocal message to all frog dealers simply to refuse to deal with you as a customer. There is always going to be the occasional glitch, and the measure of a seller is how he/she responds. You gave your seller no chance to respond before plastering his name on the BOI, and I would hope no other frog dealer would ever have to go through having his name here before he even had a chance to respond.

How is this thread jumping the gun? He mailed my frogs without my knowledge what if I was at work that day? They would have stayed outside until 6pm when I got home. I think the thread has plenty of reason to stay here. He mailed a package out without telling the buyer anything. I still don't see how I "plastered his name" I didn't say he was terrible or horrible or anything along those lines. I simply stated what happened. If another frog dealer sees this thread and decides not to deal with me because the seller failed to send a tracking number or even a heads up that the package is on the way then that is fine with me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Clark View Post
Daniel you jumped the gun with this post, you should have given Eric a chance to make it right before posting this.
I'm sorry we don't agree on this ed but I feel if you let a package go without tracking or email then how much do you really care about the customer?

Daniel Perciballi

Old 01-25-2010, 03:53 PM   #10
EricIvins
Quote:
Eric was emailed prior to this thread being made.
This was the E-mail "prior" to this thread being made......Note the time of the E-mail, and when this thread was actually posted......Like I said before, I try to be prompt with my replies, but sometimes it doesn't work out that way.....

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2010 11:32 AM

hello Eric,

I got the frogs today and I have 2 frogs that look to be injured the other 4 are fine and hopping along. One is dragging their feet around the cage almost like they have broken legs. The other one also drags their legs and doesnt put pressure on 1 arm. Pictures are included.

Daniel

- This was the last E-mail I've received on the matter.......I thought things were taken care of, but I guess not?

Sent: Saturday, January 23, 2010 8:07 AM

Thank yoy for the offer eric. I would like a refund on them. Thank you for stepping up and fixing this
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

Just an FYI though - That's not Red Leg........Sometimes Frogs don't ship well. They were fine when they were packed, and this is the first issue I've had this Frog season.....

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!