Bad Guy Guy Brunke AKA Guyco Gecko - Theif, liar, flipper - Page 3 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:30 AM   #21
Guycogecko
Last and final thoughts

Let's see, Brittany and Merlin - My camera is not broken, i have simply not had the time to take new photos but I assure you when I do they will be better that the one Rick sent me LOL (No offense Rick, I appologize for using it, it was the only one I had).

Let's keep things simple here gang (since there are so many interested parties on this thread). Even though I have been accused in doing so, I never gave my word that I would not resell this gecko and frankly it was never part of our deal (check Ricks email chain-believe me, all he wanted to do was sell his gecko) and in my defense (not that I have to but I will defend myself) I have not advertised this gecko, it is not on my website and I really had no intention of selling it when I bought it, I just had a guy inquire about another Leachie I had that was looking for another one from another blood line so I posted to a thread, that's when Meg hopped in with her rants.

Therefore (since I have no real beef with Rick other than the bogus accusations and unwarranted BOI Post), I want to clarify for Meg what doing business means since she is obviously unclear about it. Doing business is actually completing a transacting between a buyer and a seller. The negotiating that happens before a deal is consumated is simply that a negotiation, not a transaction. There was no contract issued here and Rick sold this gecko under his free will. He never asked me to acknowledge what my intent was in buying it, even though I offered it and it still holds true.

So, to appease everyone I will restate my offer to sell the gecko back to Rick or, if he approves it, to Meg since she is so concerned, at face value anytime although I will charge Meg shipping because she's wasted so much of my time on something that's none of her business.

In the meantime, I will enjoy the gecko I spent good money on until I hear otherwise from either of you that are so concerned.

Old 09-07-2010, 03:39 AM   #22
bobtard
Some emails are stored on my iPod. (obviously not the exact email, however I can get a picture of it)

Quote:
RE: Leachie (August 21st, 2010 11:01 AM
Just curious, do you plan on keeping her or reselling her?

Old 09-07-2010, 04:12 AM   #23
Alex G
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guycogecko View Post
Let's see, Brittany and Merlin - My camera is not broken, i have simply not had the time to take new photos but I assure you when I do they will be better that the one Rick sent me LOL (No offense Rick, I appologize for using it, it was the only one I had).

Let's keep things simple here gang (since there are so many interested parties on this thread). Even though I have been accused in doing so, I never gave my word that I would not resell this gecko and frankly it was never part of our deal (check Ricks email chain-believe me, all he wanted to do was sell his gecko) and in my defense (not that I have to but I will defend myself) I have not advertised this gecko, it is not on my website and I really had no intention of selling it when I bought it, I just had a guy inquire about another Leachie I had that was looking for another one from another blood line so I posted to a thread, that's when Meg hopped in with her rants.

Therefore (since I have no real beef with Rick other than the bogus accusations and unwarranted BOI Post), I want to clarify for Meg what doing business means since she is obviously unclear about it. Doing business is actually completing a transacting between a buyer and a seller. The negotiating that happens before a deal is consumated is simply that a negotiation, not a transaction. There was no contract issued here and Rick sold this gecko under his free will. He never asked me to acknowledge what my intent was in buying it, even though I offered it and it still holds true.

So, to appease everyone I will restate my offer to sell the gecko back to Rick or, if he approves it, to Meg since she is so concerned, at face value anytime although I will charge Meg shipping because she's wasted so much of my time on something that's none of her business.

In the meantime, I will enjoy the gecko I spent good money on until I hear otherwise from either of you that are so concerned.
I believe you did say you were buying her for your collection, several times. Even if we pretend you didn't, then it was a lie of omission because Rick's ad clearly stated he didn't want to sell to anyone that wasn't going to give the gecko a forever home.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:18 AM   #24
Alex G
Quote:
Sent: Sun 8/22/10 4:00 PM
To: rickymcjimsey@msn.com

Hi Rick,

I actually plan on keeping her in my collection but want to run her by a buddy of mine today who assists me with pairing my animals. I have two other Leachies about the same age but they are much larger (6-8 inches) and about 40-45 grams each so I am a bit concerned about her size so if it’s OK I will be sending the Paypal later this afternoon once I get back on the computer.

Last question, does she have her original tail? You mentioned it’s “teeny” in your e-mail so I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks,

Guy Brunke
Are you trying to say that you didn't send this email?

Old 09-07-2010, 04:27 AM   #25
hhmoore
Quote:
(No offense Rick, I appologize for using it, it was the only one I had).
The photo will be removed - a copy has been made of the current post, for future reference.

Quote:
Even though I have been accused in doing so, I never gave my word that I would not resell this gecko and frankly it was never part of our deal (check Ricks email chain-believe me, all he wanted to do was sell his gecko)
I've checked the email chain...what I saw is this statement from you:
Sent: Mon 8/30/10 9:22 PM
To: rickymcjimsey@msn.com

Ya, that works. Have had no action on the babies though at that price, not sure why.

Doesn't really matter though, I'll be keeping yours.

And that is discounting the statements quoted in the first post of this thread, because I didn't remember seeing them in the email stream
I'm only willing to sell her to collectors or someone that will use her for future breeding...if you plan on flipping her, expect me to refuse the sale.
I actually plan on keeping her in my collection

Quote:
and in my defense (not that I have to but I will defend myself) I have not advertised this gecko,
Funny, when I see a statement that a seller has others available, with a picture of the latest one in, and a price listed for that animal, I consider it that animal officially advertised...but I don't claim to understand the fine points of selling geckos

Quote:
He never asked me to acknowledge what my intent was in buying it,
See the statement in red, above.

You really aren't very good at this...denying something that is in black and white on the same page takes a special talent. All you've done is make yourself look like a liar.

The whole offering a price, then, when it is accepted, dropping the offer $100 is pretty classy, too. Nice touch

Old 09-07-2010, 04:43 AM   #26
Abby
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meg90 View Post
Obviously, not everyone is satisfied with the way you do business *points to self*. I know of others you have lowballed as well. While I won't speak for them here, you can bet that I've personally asked each one if they feel like contributing their emails and experiences to this thread. They all have been given the link.

Your "offers" are insulting. You insulted Rick by offering 300$ shipped. And in that chain of emails you say more than once "don't worry, I'll be keeping her in my collection"

Showing up out of the blue, buying up GOOD stock, and selling it as your own doesn't make you anything but a middleman trussed up as a breeder.

As for not knowing who I am? Maybe search your own inboxes.

I was also low-balled on a Chahoua Gecko I had for sale a few months back by Guy. It was insulting, if I recall correctly he offered me half of what I was asking, SHIPPED.

Old 09-07-2010, 04:47 AM   #27
bad-one
Quote:
You really aren't very good at this...denying something that is in black and white on the same page takes a special talent. All you've done is make yourself look like a liar.

Kind of hard to deny the quotes of those emails. Definitely lost future business from me and likely quite a few others

Old 09-07-2010, 05:26 AM   #28
AndrewLiu
Free enterprise does not justify Mr. Brunke's exploitation of hard working good breeders and hobbyists who have quite likely sold to him without the knowledge of his plans to resell. This is not a case of "flipping" as in selling the odds and ends of a project that has fallen through, nor is it a case of "flipping" when one breeder knowingly sells wholesale to another so they can vend for an upcoming show.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Merlin View Post
I guess by "flipper" you mean Guy tries to buy wholesale and turns around later to sell retail.......that is the business model of every petshop so why does that make him a "bad guy?"
To me this makes Mr. Brunke a "bad guy" because unlike selling to a pet store the breeders who have sold to him have probably done so without knowledge of his intent. It is explicitly stated in Mr. Mcjimsey's ad that the said animal was not to be "flipped". It is also quite clear that Mr. Brunke was fully aware of Mr. Mcjimsey's terms when he deliberately deceived Mr. Mcjimsey as can been seen in Mr. Brunke's email responses during their negotiation:

Quote:
I actually plan on keeping her in my collection
Quote:
Doesn't really matter though, I'll be keeping yours.
Violating the terms outlined in Mr. Mcjimsey's ad is bad enough, the deliberateness shown in Mr. Brunke's flagrant deception demonstrate to me his wanton disregard for ethical business practice.

Quote:
I never gave my word that I would not resell this gecko and frankly it was never part of our deal... The negotiating that happens before a deal is consumated is simply that a negotiation, not a transaction. There was no contract issued here and Rick sold this gecko under his free will.
Are you Mr. Brunke suggesting that Mr. Mcjimsey or any other hobbyist should need more than an explicit statement in their advertisement to constitute as a terms of sale? When a person purchases retail and returns with a dispute is he exempt from the store policy because he did not sign a contract? Perhaps in the future we should all acquire the services of notaries and lawyers prior to every transaction. Schucks, just to be safe lets all hire witch doctors to ink our deals in blood!

Quote:
I have not advertised this gecko
Yes Mr. Brunke you did advertise it,

Quote:
The two JM Babies are related. I have others available too though that are unrelated. Attached is a photo of the latest one just in. Is a very pretty Island Cross. Asking $475.00 for that one and the price will be going up on the others September 15th so if you want them now's the time.

Any questions let me know.
I suspect Mr. Brunke's customers, who have purchased "flipped" animals, are highly satisfied because of the exceptional quality and hard work of those breeders that produced the animals. I wonder how many of those customers would still laude Mr. Brunke if they were to hear the testimony of the breeders who have supplied him. How good of a deal would they feel they are getting should they learn the same animals would have been available cheaper direct from the breeder?

Old 09-07-2010, 04:26 PM   #29
DD Reptiles
Hi,

I figure I will post here since I too have had some correspondance with Guy, and I remeber his first email to me was probably one of the lowest "low-ball" offers I have ever recieved since I started selling geckos 5 years ago.

A few months ago I had posted some Eurydactylodes vieillardi (small green gecko for you non gecko people ) on various forums, Fauna, and KS. I was selling babies for $500, which is standard price as there is only 2-3 people (including myself) to my knowledge in the states really producing these guys. They are still a very uncommon gecko in US collections.

Here is the email I recieved from Guy:

To: DDReptiles@hotmail.com
Subject: Eurydactylodes
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 19:46:32 -0700

Hey Derek,

Saw your ad for the Eurydactylodes vieillardi-0.0.4 and was wondering if you would consider $1,500.00 shipped to So Cal 92592 and the Eurydactylodes agricolae- 0.0.1. Don’t mean to low ball so please don’t take it that way these are just a bid step for me financially and funds are a bit tight so I am looking for a deal.

Let me know.

Thanks,

Guy

So he was wanting basically a $750 discount (a free vieillardi, an agricolae, and free shipping). Thats a pretty hefty discount for someone I have never met or done business with previously.

This my response (sent the same day):

"Hey Guy,

Sorry I can't go that low, the best I could do would be $2,000 shipped for all 5 animals. I can do payment plans if you would need more time to get the remaining balance.

Thanks Derek"

I think a free E. agricolae and free shipping is a fair discount ($250 value) and I am very resonable with payment plans as I am a college student myself and know how it can get with low cash flow (despite common belief, gecko breeders are not rolling in dough )

Needless to say I did not recieve any response.

I believe Guy called me a month or two later trying to get a similar amount of animals for what I now assume to be a similar price.

Now I understand the free market very well, but atleast if I remember our phone conversation correctly Guy was wanting these geckos for his own personal collection. But after reading through this post I am starting to see a pattern here. Now, I understand flipping occurs in this hobby and that that is all some people do, but to me when I sell to LLLReptile or someplace similar I KNOW thats what they intend to do. So I give them a price and thats what they pay. Now if another private hobbyist/small breeder emails me and is really wanting to get into a species I give them a better price than I would someone who I know is soley motivatated by profit. I want my animals to be used to help further the species not as a bargaining chip for another bigger better deal. So to me someone who tells someone an animal if for his/her own personal collection and then turns around and breaks this "gentlemans agreement" and re-sells the same animals for market price after getting the animals at a "friend/fellow breeder" price in my book is someone I don't want to sell my animals to as I think higher of my animals than that.

Also, I was somewhat perplexed by this ad I saw Guy had up (if someone can get a screen shot that would be great):
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ght=guycogecko

Now anyone who knows anything about Gargoyle geckos (let alone someone who breeds them) knows that a 25 gram Gargoyle gecko is far from Ready to breed (as the ad implies). In matter of fact there is not a single Rhacodactylus that is capable of safetly breeding at 25 grams. Gargoyle geckos are hefty geckos and I think standard breeding weight is atleast 40 grams, 45-50 grams is probably more standard. I have some females that weigh in at around 70+.

Thanks,
Derek

Old 09-07-2010, 04:47 PM   #30
AndrewLiu
You beat me to it Derek

Heres a quote from his ad incase it goes down:

Quote:

* Pic 1 > RDS1M Awesome 17g Striped male

* Pic 2 > RDS1F 23g RTB Striped Female

* Pic 3 > RDS2F 25g RTB Striped Female

* Pic 4 > RDS3F 21g Bold Striped Female
Mr. Brunke please do not suggest to anyone that a 23g or 25g female gargoyle gecko is in any way ready to breed. I am sure the owners and the geckos themselves would very much appreciate not dying.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!