Bad Guy Guy Brunke AKA Guyco Gecko - Theif, liar, flipper - Page 4 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-07-2010, 05:37 PM   #31
Guycogecko
I think you are all nuts

I really can't believe what I'm hearing here, having to appologize for offering to spend $1,500 on some geckos, veillardi or otherwise, really? All you had to do Derek is say no thanks and hope for a better deal. Why jump in now and hide behind a post? What's funny here I have never even done business with any of you band wagon jumpers, you don't know me and I don't know you, I don't get it. Maybe you all are watching too much Jerry Springer or something. Get a life and stop the drama.

Now, thanks to the almighty, do no wrong Derek, we're on to another subject, a future breeding group of Gargoyles that got thrown into the mix. If you read the title reads: "Awesome Gargoyle Deal 1.3 Striped Group". Maybe the text part should have said future breeding group but that's what I meant. To say I didn't know that is just another one of your inncurate and slanderous statement which you may be held accountable for.

In closing, just so you all know, e-mail communications are private/personal communications between two individuals and slander is a punishble offense. So you have it, in common law jurisdictions, slander refers to a malicious, false and defamatory spoken statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words (aka my e-mails to you). Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism which this is. Defamation is public disclosure of private facts, which arises where one person reveals information that is not of public concern (Rick/Derek), and the release of which would offend a reasonable person. Just as I was so accused of using the photo that I was sent for the gecko I bought and paid for I could say the same about the use of my private communications via e-mail. Please keep that in mind if any of you decide to continue doing so with no stake in the game, you may be held accountable for your actions.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:03 PM   #32
Mister Internet
Bwahahaha.... man, this guy must have the textbook. Keep reading man, in the next chapters you learn how to "tell someone to 'cease and desist'", how to re-write your TOS on the fly, and how to email the owners of websites threatening a lawsuit because of "slander". My sides hurt after that last bit of legal brilliance... oowhahahaha...

And just so you don't make a fool of yourself in a future, copying and pasting your "legal advice" from Wikipedia isn't the smartest thing to do. Especially when you try to edit it to make it seem like you're not blatantly plagiarizing it and end up making it sound even stupider. "Defamation is public disclosure of private facts" ... hahdhdhdhhahahaha wrong.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:12 PM   #33
Meg90
Its not called slander when its WRITTEN, its called libel. But thanks for the fun definition. Copy and paste are both handy tools.

I think this entire community needs to know WHO they are dealing with here. Your low offers, and turn around sales leave a bad taste in anyone's mouth.

There are more that have yet to post here. Derek was one that I was speaking about previously. I can only hope that the others will add their experiences tonight.

Just because you CAN behave in business this way, that fact should justify actually doing so? I think not. That defensive argument is just laughable.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #34
AndrewLiu
Mr. Brunke

It is ridiculous for you to accuse "slander" on a subject you have just admitted that you're wrong about and that you should have labeled "future breeding group". Simply acknowledging your mistake already has destroyed the grounds on which you could successfully litigate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guycogecko View Post
Maybe the text part should have said future breeding group but that's what I meant. To say I didn't know that is just another one of your inncurate and slanderous statement which you may be held accountable for.
As a plaintiff for you to successfully litigate on a charge of defamation you must:

1. Prove a damage to your business profits

2. Prove the accusations made about you are wholly untrue

Quote:

Defamation is public disclosure of private facts, which arises where one person reveals information that is not of public concern (Rick/Derek), and the release of which would offend a reasonable person.
Mr. Brunke you are entirely wrong on the definition of defamation. You're referring to privacy law, here is the original quote from the wikipedia article you copied:

[quote]Related to defamation is public disclosure of private facts, which arises where one person reveals information that is not of public concern, and the release of which would offend a reasonable person.[quote]

Since the negotiations in those emails were conducted under the auspices of your very public business, it is quite clear they are very much of public concern and do not offend any reasonable persons. Should you like to research it i am sure there is a wealth of legal precedent pertaining to this fact.

Quote:
Please keep that in mind if any of you decide to continue doing so with no stake in the game, you may be held accountable for your actions.
It is you Mr. Brunke who should and are being held accountable for your actions. Clearly you have no defamation case against either Mr. Mcjimsey nor Mr. Dunlop. Not only will you be unable to prove the truthfulness of the statements made by these two parties, quite the opposite, there is strong evidence proving all their comments are true.

I for one believe that you defame Mr. Dunlop and Mr. Mcjimsey by accusing them of being slanderers. You call into question their character which to a reasonable person could be construed as a financially damaging accusation. You accuse Mr. Mcjimsey and Mr. Dunlop of applying "slanderous lies" to your statements while you yourself admit that you were mistaken in making these statements.

I do urge you two, Mr. Mcjimsey and Mr. Dunlop, to consider legal recourse should any of your future potential customers cite Mr. Brunke's defamation of your person as a "slanderer" when and if they terminate negotiations or transactions.

Old 09-07-2010, 06:56 PM   #35
carrienkashe
Quote:
Now, thanks to the almighty, do no wrong Derek, we're on to another subject, a future breeding group of Gargoyles that got thrown into the mix. If you read the title reads: "Awesome Gargoyle Deal 1.3 Striped Group". Maybe the text part should have said future breeding group but that's what I meant.
Originally Posted by Guycogecko

* Pic 1 > RDS1M Awesome 17g Striped male

* Pic 2 > RDS1F 23g RTB Striped Female

* Pic 3 > RDS2F 25g RTB Striped Female

* Pic 4 > RDS3F 21g Bold Striped Female

Above was copied from your ad - RTB means Ready To Breed. According to your own ad, how does saying they are ready to breed make them a future breeding group?

Old 09-07-2010, 08:07 PM   #36
xreinx
Quote:
In closing, just so you all know, e-mail communications are private/personal communications between two individuals and slander is a punishble offense. So you have it, in common law jurisdictions, slander refers to a malicious, false

from the info he put out, they arnt false

and defamatory spoken statement or report, while libel refers to any other form of communication such as written words (aka my e-mails to you). Most jurisdictions allow legal actions, civil and/or criminal, to deter various kinds of defamation and retaliate against groundless criticism which this is. Defamation is public disclosure of private facts, which arises where one person reveals information that is not of public concern

but it is public concern when you do what you did guy, you had an agreement, you may not believe word of law, but I do, and you BROKE IT.

(Rick/Derek), and the release of which would offend a reasonable person.

from the info I read here, your not a reasonable person, you broke your word, just cause it wasent written down, dosent mean it wasent binding, he knows what he told you, and posted what you wrote him. its binding.

Just as I was so accused of using the photo (He didnt give you permission to use it, thats part of the law, he has the origional in his comp, you, infact, DO Not.)that I was sent for the gecko I bought and paid for I could say the same about the use of my private communications via e-mail. Please keep that in mind if any of you decide to continue doing so with no stake in the game, you may be held accountable for your actions.
dude, that was his pic. you STOLE it, he didnt give you permission to USE it for your OWN personal gain. the point is, between you and him, HES Warning others of Your horrable actions! your USEING his Pic without PERMISSION, to sell something you had an agreement on, witch happens to be a animal you AGREED to keep.

I know not to do any dealings with you 'Guy'.

hopefully you do try and sue him.. maybe they will NAIL YOU to the wall (insert choice words here).

Old 09-07-2010, 08:13 PM   #37
Iraqvet
Guy,I was wondering if you bought your business plan off of a crackhead??..Telling people your broke,then saying you sell hundreds of geckos in a couple months says SCAMMER..I doubt you breed anything,but I do believe you are broke..That would explain the flipping...Now that you say you have loads of cash,its gonna be pretty hard to tell people you have none and thats why you only offer half of what they want..You should give up animals and just work at fairs and carnivals selling cheap asian toys and sun glasses...

Old 09-07-2010, 08:58 PM   #38
Salzy
To Guy: Instead of making threatening remarks, maybe you should re-think your business practices and work on making reasonable deals. You are simply digging yourself a nice hole here, and you won't be stepping out of it. I'm actually very surprised that you haven't landed in the BOI before and that you are getting as defensive as you are.

Stealing someone else's photo to sell an animal deserves more than a bare minimum apology in my mind too. That is completely ridiculous. I don't know how other people are, but I take some pride in the photos that I take and post. If you were to use one of my photos to sell a the same gecko I just sold you...I would be more than just irate. It is so disrespectful that it makes me sick to even think about it.

Buying and selling animals (flipping) is part of the business, and I understand that. It would be utterly naive to think that other folks don't do it too. However, you (Guy) go about it in a way unlike I have ever seen.

I wasn't sure I wanted to ever post this message trail at all, but I hate to keep hearing about this happening to other people. Before I had even heard about any of the other offers that Guy gave other people, this is what I got... (yes, people do talk and word gets around quick when feathers get ruffled)

Quote:
We are offering up 3 of our gargoyle geckos. All in excellent health and eating CGD with occasional dusted dubia roaches. Buy all 3 and shipping is on me.

Spotted/striped male - 36 grams - $150 plus shipping
Originally from Repashy, but acquired by way of LAC Herps

Red striped female - 35 grams - $100 plus shipping
Originally from Harold Chapman

Reticulated female - 39 grams - $100 plus shipping

Shipping will be through Shipyourreptiles.com. My zip code is 54482 if you'd like to check for a quote.

Feel free to message me with any questions you may have.

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guycogecko
Nice Gargs. Interested in the 1.1 striped pair but would take all three for $225.00 shipped if you are game. My zip is 92592. Let me know.
Thanks,
Guy
Quote:
Hey Guy,

I'm assuming you meant to offer $325 for all right? That's definitely a possibility, but the $225 isn't.

UPS Next Day Air for a 10x10x10 box comes out to be about $55.00, which might end up being a little more or a little less depending on which size boxes I have laying around.

Thanks,

Kyle
I removed the photos, but it is still an old active ad that you can see here on Fauna.

Some people might not think that his offer is so bad, but seriously...knocking off a full $125 from 3 geckos was more than a lot in my mind. Is that even reasonable in other people's minds? My case isn't nearly as drastic as what Derek stated, but relevant in the same way. $125 off of $350 total is still a 35% discount. I don't know of many people who would go for that, not even to friends.

My first impression was that Guy was preying upon people who NEEDED to sell their geckos, and turning it around and making a profit. I just don't find it completely ethical whatsoever...business-wise or not.

What is said in the BOI becomes everyone's business, and everyone has the right to comment and state their opinion. What is exchanged in emails and messages between two people is property of both parties. The point of the BOI is to display the facts and properly make a case so that others can make an informed decision. Take what you've learned here and improve so people don't have anything negative to write about in the future.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:35 PM   #39
skanndelus
are you guys serious?
he breeds and buys and sells geckos to a niche market that some people may not have access to. once someone buys something from you they can do what they want with it. i sold some geckos to someone and they flipped them, that's my mistake. what did i think they were going to do? hold on to them and cuddle them at night? i buy and sell items all day long, that's how a lot of people make their livings. did guy pay you? yes... but you call him a thief? maybe he had no initial intentions of reselling your gecko, but maybe, if the price was right, he'd be willing to resell... isn't that how the world works? i buy something from someone for myself, and someone offers me more money than i spent... if i need the $$ i am going to sell it 9x out of 10... you would too.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:38 PM   #40
skanndelus
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanndelus View Post
are you guys serious?
he breeds and buys and sells geckos to a niche market that some people may not have access to. once someone buys something from you they can do what they want with it. i sold some geckos to someone and they flipped them, that's my mistake. what did i think they were going to do? hold on to them and cuddle them at night? i buy and sell items all day long, that's how a lot of people make their livings. did guy pay you? yes... but you call him a thief? maybe he had no initial intentions of reselling your gecko, but maybe, if the price was right, he'd be willing to resell... isn't that how the world works? i buy something from someone for myself, and someone offers me more money than i spent... if i need the $$ i am going to sell it 9x out of 10... you would too.
as for him using your photo, it is fair use. you posted it on a public website, anyone can use your for photo for non profit. he isn't selling your photo... he's selling the gecko.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!