Bad Guy Guy Brunke AKA Guyco Gecko - Theif, liar, flipper - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:38 PM   #41
bobtard
Quote:
Originally Posted by skanndelus View Post
are you guys serious?
he breeds and buys and sells geckos to a niche market that some people may not have access to. once someone buys something from you they can do what they want with it. i sold some geckos to someone and they flipped them, that's my mistake. what did i think they were going to do? hold on to them and cuddle them at night? i buy and sell items all day long, that's how a lot of people make their livings. did guy pay you? yes... but you call him a thief? maybe he had no initial intentions of reselling your gecko, but maybe, if the price was right, he'd be willing to resell... isn't that how the world works? i buy something from someone for myself, and someone offers me more money than i spent... if i need the $$ i am going to sell it 9x out of 10... you would too.
Did you even read this thread?

Old 09-07-2010, 10:41 PM   #42
bobtard
Quote:
as for him using your photo, it is fair use. you posted it on a public website, anyone can use your for photo for non profit. he isn't selling your photo... he's selling the gecko.
He was using my photography (my property, copyrighted) without my permission, for the sole purpose of making money. And no, he can not use my photo for profit (which he was) or non profit.
There are laws and rules, he needs to abide by them, and you obviously need to learn them.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:42 PM   #43
Leif
Guy, very nice website. There is an error that I stumbled upon in respect to Rhacodactylus trachyrhynchus. It's just "Rough-Snouted Gecko" and not "Rough-Snouted Giant Gecko". The only Giant Gecko, using this common name, is the Rhacodactylus leachianus. However, both have a greater and lesser subspecies.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:46 PM   #44
skanndelus
i read the whole thread. he isn't selling your photo, he is selling a gecko you have a photo of. you posted the photo on a public website. technically anyone can use that photo for non profit purposes... e.g. not selling the PHOTO.

if you KNOW differently and can prove it with legal docs online or wherever go ahead, otherwise it's a pointless discussion to have... this whole thing is.

i do KNOW that calling someone a THIEF is in fact LIBEL, not slander, published false written statements about someone. i don't think any of you can prove that this guy STOLE from anyone.

grow up people.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:48 PM   #45
xreinx
thats false advertising On most websites, and have you ever heard of Copyright laws? he didnt give permission.

Plus, Guy is Using it for personal gain. again Illegal.

they made an agreement.. does that not matter anymore? just cause you didnt sign, or shake on it, dosent mean it ISNT binding... or your Ideals diffrent from what they SHOULD be?

remind me to beware of the people who Agree with Guy on this, in the future.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:52 PM   #46
skanndelus
everyone PLEASE stop pulling the word illegal out of your ass and post some actual REAL info on ACTUAL laws, i don't trust some random person on the internet to tell me what the laws are.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:55 PM   #47
hezekiah
Quote:
i read the whole thread. he isn't selling your photo, he is selling a gecko you have a photo of. you posted the photo on a public website. technically anyone can use that photo for non profit purposes... e.g. not selling the PHOTO.

if you KNOW differently and can prove it with legal docs online or wherever go ahead, otherwise it's a pointless discussion to have... this whole thing is.

i do KNOW that calling someone a THIEF is in fact LIBEL, not slander, published false written statements about someone. i don't think any of you can prove that this guy STOLE from anyone.

grow up people.
I may be out of line here, but it took you 5 years to post 3 posts, all of which are in this thread? You are within 1 hr (ish) drive of Temecula; am I correct in assuming that you are here merely to defend a personal friend/acquaintance?

Old 09-07-2010, 10:56 PM   #48
bobtard
Quote:

grow up people.
First of all, this is a privately owned website. The rules are set in place by the owner(s). And I'm pretty sure using someone elses photo without their permission is against said rules. Him stealing my photo (therefore, technically making him a theif) is false? Stealing doesn't have to involve an actual, physical item being stolen, it's called "content theft". Just do a search on stealing COPYRIGHTED CONTENT.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:57 PM   #49
ididit
Where exactly are you getting your photo usage info? Technically? Really? You have NO idea what you are talking about. Every time that a camera is clicked and an image is made it has has a copyright by the photographer. Does not matter one bit if it is for profit or not. You are making a TOTAL idiot of yourself. Do some research before post about topics you do not understand. WOW..... The world wide web is not a free for all. You cannot take something just because it is there.
If you take a newspaper and reprint it from their site or put it on your site with written permission you will be sued. HELLO a photo is no different. Two final words for you... Intellectual Property Look it up.

Old 09-07-2010, 10:58 PM   #50
Crissy
Let's take away the legal factors in this situation, I for one, would not want to buy from a seller who is flipping animals or using photos that is not their own. At least put forth the effort to take your own photos.

When someone is 'flipping animals' it screams to me that they do not care for the animals wellbeing, and that a proper quarantine procedure wasn't followed. I want a seller to have possession of a animal for at least a month for gosh sakes.

Also, the seller IS profiting from the photo (or the use of it), indirectly but he is still profiting. Not to mention it IS a copyright infringement.

Quote:

grow up people.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!