Inquiry: Burgundy Reptiles - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-12-2003, 11:45 AM   #1
ZooCon
Question Inquiry: Burgundy Reptiles

Hi,

Has anybody sold any animals to Burgundy Reptiles? I'm about to ship them some animal and i was wondeirng how they are with payment?

I have given them 7 day terms because they were a big company and looked very well organised and legit. I don't usually give payment terms to first time customers but i just had a good feeling about them so i wanted to make the deal happen.

Any comments would be much appreciated.

Old 12-12-2003, 12:06 PM   #2
Rob @ RK Reptiles
I have never sold anything to Burgundy Reptile Traders but I have been dealing with them for years. They are a great company and I doubt you will have any problems with them.

Old 12-12-2003, 03:50 PM   #3
BriarpatchHerps
I'll vouch for Burgandy Reptile Traders........I was looking for specific animals and a friend told me they had a pair for just a phenominal price (I honestly thought he was full of it) I contacted their crew and sure enough they sent me fresh pics with the GREAT price included. I purchased the animals...not only flawless but their customer service, price sheets and overall business ethics kick ass.

I'm ALWAYS looking at their stock for things I need. My feeling would be is people don't have a strong business and make good contacts by handling purchases and sales poorly.

I'd stand behind them anyday and make purchases/sales with them with the same confidence.

Old 12-12-2003, 04:22 PM   #4
ZooCon
Thanks for the comments, i just wanted to ask and make sure thats all, I just had the gut feeling they would be trustworthy.

Thanks

Samuel Li

Old 12-12-2003, 05:01 PM   #5
KNOBTAIL
DONT SWEAT IT,

i have known Michael since he was 12. He has a wonderful operation, and I can assure you that you will get paid. JERRY TRESSER

Old 12-12-2003, 05:07 PM   #6
mercedesherp
I sell to and buy from Burgundy. Mike and Jessica are good people and I have never had a problem.

Old 12-12-2003, 06:08 PM   #7
screamdreams
Excellent people!! Some of the nicest in the business!!

Old 12-12-2003, 07:14 PM   #8
Mickey_TLK
Ive dealt with Mike for years now, and have been very happy with my service and animals. Great guys (and gals Jessica...lol)
Ive also sold to them on a couple of occasions, and had no problems at all.

Mickey Hinkle
The Lizard King Reptiles

Old 12-13-2003, 09:44 PM   #9
herpetological
Known them for years. Good people to deal with.!!

Old 08-18-2004, 02:12 PM   #10
ZooCon
Question

HI Guys,

Thanks for the posts on Burgundy. From the feeling I got from the forum here, I decided to send them a shipment with terms for payment within one week after arrival.

The shipment was made in Dec 2003. Its August now and we still have not been paid. We now understand that Burgundy were having some financial problems and they were honest about it when I first confronted them about payment. Having been in debt myself and only shrugged it all off earlier this year, I understood their position and didn't pressure them much about it.

I would e-mail them 1-2 times a month and to see if there was any chance of getting payments, but the situation was still not good. Up till June they were still responding to me and letting me know they were still around and still intended to pay for the shipment. Then communications stopped and I couldn't get hold of them anymore or they wouldn't reply to me anymore.

I have not threatened them with anything, nor have I been harsh in any e-mails. If you ask them they should tell you how understanding I have been.

At present we are owed $4000+. If anybody still has any contact with them it would be nice if you could pass on a message to them. Up till now i have refrained from posting here, but after couple months of no replies from them, this has become my last resort.

I would like to help them out again with a new shipment, but they need to settle the previous shipment first before I can extend myself again.

Hope they know I'm still around.

Samuel Li
Zoo Con

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!