Global Herps----Hank Molt - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-18-2004, 11:01 AM   #1
Earl H. Turner
Question Global Herps----Hank Molt

A most impressive list of rare reptiles is being offered by one Hank Molt....Since I have never purchased anything from this individual, I was wondering if I might ask other members for some input as the snakes I am considering purchasing are very expensive and I don't wish to have problems after funds have been sent....Does anyone have information concerning this individual ........ I sincerely appreciate your input and consideration....Thank you, Earl H.Turner

Old 04-18-2004, 12:21 PM   #2
ChaosCat
I've bought from him before. The snake arrived quickly, healthy, and I still have her today

Old 04-18-2004, 03:45 PM   #3
KNOBTAIL
You have nothing to worry about.

Hank has been around when they invented the wheel. I am sure if you ask him he could provide a patent! He is an old friend of mine, at least 30 years, and he has always treated people right and the animals were represented properly. Jerry Tresser

Old 04-19-2004, 04:36 PM   #4
Irwin
Hank Molt

Any dealings that I ever had with Hank have been great. I'm sure you will be happy with any and every animal that you buy off of him.

Old 04-20-2004, 05:27 AM   #5
snakegetters
I really respect his attitude about venomoids - he won't sell them or have anything to do with snake mutilation. That's a very good sign of someone who is ethical and humane. I do not want to do business with any dealer who mutilates snakes for profit. Since most venomoids for commercial sale are produced by amateur hackers without a veterinary license and without pain medication, this is an illegal as well as an inhumane practice. It should never be supported by any responsible member of the herpetological community, and I appreciate Hank Molt's firm stance against venomoiding.

I have seen some of his animals at the Daytona show including the show-stopping Bitis parviocula. I do wish he'd brought some more of the rarities he has listed, but from what I understand some of the animals on his list are not at his facility; he's more of a middleman for some of the deals he has posted. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from him though.

Old 04-20-2004, 06:20 PM   #6
ZooCon
Wonder why Hank is using my pictures on his website?

This specimen isn't from Vietnam ( as stated on his website), it originated from GuiZhou Province in China.

I have ALL the originals of these pictures.

I'm going to E-Mail Hank and ask him about this. Terry Lilley used one of my pictures to try and sell me my own snake before, i hope Hank won't do this.

Pictures on my website are at Zoo Con's Pics

Samuel Li

Old 04-20-2004, 07:55 PM   #7
snakegetters
I knew that he posted pics of other people's snakes that he was trying to sell for them, but without their knowledge or consent? That's a little strange and not something I would have expected. I hope you can get to the bottom of this!

Old 04-23-2004, 07:33 PM   #8
20ftplus
Hank Molt

Has anybody purchased from Hank in 2004 ? I don't mean in
person. Has anyone received snakes after sending a money order
in 2004?

Old 04-23-2004, 07:36 PM   #9
20ftplus
left name off sorry

Mark Childers

Old 04-26-2004, 08:16 PM   #10
snakegetters
Well I'm *trying* to do business with him. I'm interested in the "Chinese" banded kings (even though the photo on the ad depicts a Vietnamese animal). No response so far to my inquiries.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!