Global Herps----Hank Molt - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 04-26-2004, 09:08 PM   #11
Earl H. Turner
Question Chinese King's from Henry Molt

The King Cobra's which are being offered by Global Herps must be among the largest on record !!!! A Chinese "Banded" King Cobra as an adult may reach 10 feet in total length !!!! I see where he supposedly has a specimen 15 feet in length....that is most certainly not the Chinese form of Ophiophagus hannah !!!! I have King Cobras and have maintained this species for many years....I have also visited their homeland and observed them in the wild....the King Cobra in his add is not the Chinese form---it appears to be a Burmese/ Thai cross or at best, a specimen from the border of Burma and Thailand (probably the northern area). I have received many E-mails concerning this company . The individuals have sent me a great amount of information----from this, I think it best to find rarities elsewhere............Earl H. Turner

Old 04-26-2004, 10:19 PM   #12
Ron Billingsley
A legend in the business...

Hank is one of the Legends in this buisness. I've known Hank since the 70's.
I've purchased many animals from him over the years, and I can State with no hesitiation, that every single animal I've ever purchased from him has been 100% in every way. I was never once not happy with any purchase.
Back in the beginning days of Hamburg, he would always throw in a few extra animals to my purchases... sounds so odd, but stuck in my mind to this day. He always went that extra mile to make sure I was happy as a customer.
I haven't done venomous since 1998 when my state made me an Outlaw for loving the animals I've been keeping and breeding since 1969. I only work with Ball Pythons now, and believe me, if I was still allowed to keep Venomous, Hank would be the guy I would be buying from....

Old 04-26-2004, 10:45 PM   #13
snakegetters
I don't think the animals in the ad are Chinese, but I wouldn't mind adding them to the collection if they're nice lookers.

Not that it matters, he doesn't seem to be answering emails on the subject.

Old 04-26-2004, 10:59 PM   #14
Earl H. Turner
Talking Globel Herps

Thanks to all who replied. I recieved many positive and negative E-mails concerning the post. With this in mind, I was able to reach a conclusion based on these replies and/or E-mails. The BOI is a great service that enables one to weigh facts and make valuable decisions. I am sure there are many different opinions and have used others experiences in reaching mine....I appreciate the input, Earl H. Turner

Old 04-29-2004, 07:20 PM   #15
Earl H. Turner
Question negativism ---- why ????

When I started this thread, I was sincerely interested in making a decision as to the purchase of several seldom offered species....instead, I have received E-mails stating that Henry Molt is a convict, that he has not followed through on sales, or sent animals that were paid for, that he is merely a middle man who doesn't have the animals advertised, etc, etc....I am truly sorry if I have opened old wounds....that was not my intentions and I doubt seriously if I will ever ask for this type of information again....Earl Turner

Old 04-29-2004, 09:13 PM   #16
KNOBTAIL
EARL, whatever Hank was convicted for

occurred probably before you were born! It had nothing to do with money or not shipping animals as promised, etc. His time was 90 days. It was animal related however it goes well beyond this thread.

Whoever sent you emails may be doing these things on purpose. I have never heard of anyone ever complaining that Hank took monies without providing the animals in question. Whether he is acting on behalf of some other individuals is certainly not a reason to consider this any type of misrepresentation. Hank has been around along time, and contrary to what you may have heard he has an excellent reputation, especially within the venomous people.

I dont think you would have a problem with him. He is a pleasant person to be with, knows his herps very well, and to the best of my knowledge never ripped anyone off. Jerry

Old 04-29-2004, 09:25 PM   #17
PAUL BOLLINGER
Jerry,

"EARL, whatever Hank was convicted for
occurred probably before you were born!"

I know Earl well, You should check his profile, LOL. I'm not making any age jokes but, Lol.

Old 04-29-2004, 09:43 PM   #18
KNOBTAIL
Paul, it was more a figure of speech

then anything else. More than likely its a compliment to Earl. But Hank has been around since the mid sixties. Actually a couple of years after I got into the importing business. He used to buy from me.

Old 04-29-2004, 09:44 PM   #19
20ftplus
Hank Molt

I met Hank at hotlanta a few years back. He is extremely
knowledgable, articulate and pleasant to be around. Hell,
he is a nice guy. But, why is it so hard to make a purchase?
That pricelist looks almost identical to Crutchfields 70's-80's
pricelist all combined. He has never been unkind to me. I
hold no grudges. But wheres the beef? Where are these
rare animals? Yes hes an Icon. Don't tell me how he was 30
years ago. How many of you have sent money orders in 2004?
How many have received animals in 2004 from his web site?
Forget about the direct in person deals.This is 2004 on 1974.

Old 04-29-2004, 09:49 PM   #20
20ftplus
forgot name again

Mark Childers

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!