Uroplatus Finiavana help - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 06-22-2016, 01:49 AM   #1
highschoolgecko
Uroplatus Finiavana help

Hello all,

So I recently ordered a trio of U. Finiavana 2 females 1 male. the shipment is set to arrive at the end of this month/beginning of next. I did not make this purchase lightly, I have been wanting to work with Uroplatus for quite some time and the opportunity ALONG with the funds presented itself so I seized it. I have done extensive reading and research on caring for them I am mainly going off of care for Ebenaui and Phantasticus since only a handful of people work with Finiavana, which is where this post comes in. Any one out here in the wonderful land that is the internet that has tips that could benefit me in my caring for them and hopefully breeding them in the future I would greatly appreciate it. To give you all an idea of where I am at with everything I will give you a break down:

I have had their terrarium (a 29 gallon high) enclosure growing in for about 3 months now. The plant growth is good, and everything is appearing stable. I have 2 incandescent bulbs on it. One 5.0 uvb and one bulb specifically meant for plant growth which puts off a more yellowed/purple hue than the white/blue of the 5.0. I have covered the screen top to allow the enclosure to maintain more humidity, which is working, but it also seems to be holding in some heat as well making the enclosure stay around the high 70s. I have considered getting rid of one light to remedy that issue. The isopods in the terrarium are doing great they are multiplying like crazy and breaking down the fruit and veggie slices I provide. Humidity is staying at a constant 80-85% it does fluctuate a little but I am only really having to mist lightly in the mornings and by the end of the day there is still some condensation on the glass above the substrate. Hopefully I will be able to post a picture or video showing everything going on, but right now all I can offer is a text description.

Going from the information I am able to provide at the current moment (I am at work on break right now) hopefully someone will be able to tell me if I am making any critical errors that need to be fixed asap. Thank you in advance to everyone who takes the time to read my long winded post, and a huge thanks to anyone who is able to provide me with some feedback.

- Victor

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!