morphs in color phase corns - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Snake Discussion Forums > Cornsnakes & Ratsnakes Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 04-13-2005, 11:39 AM   #11
TripleMoonsExotic
So basically you're not doing anything new. Just taking the particular line-bred animals and continuing the line breeding. I don't understand what the big fuss is about. Breeders do this every season anyway.

Old 04-13-2005, 08:29 PM   #12
Billybobob
Quote:
Originally Posted by blckkat
So basically you're not doing anything new. Just taking the particular line-bred animals and continuing the line breeding. I don't understand what the big fuss is about. Breeders do this every season anyway.
Have you ever seen an anery miami, an anery okeetee, lavender okeetee, miami snow, okeetee snow, miami ghost, okeetee ghost, hypo lave ghost. Yes there are breeders working on projects that do what i am talking about but there realy is not that many breaders trying to breed all of the morphs into all of the color phases and that is what i am talking about

Old 04-13-2005, 11:18 PM   #13
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billybobob
Have you ever seen an anery miami, an anery okeetee, lavender okeetee, miami snow, okeetee snow, miami ghost, okeetee ghost, hypo lave ghost. Yes there are breeders working on projects that do what i am talking about but there realy is not that many breaders trying to breed all of the morphs into all of the color phases and that is what i am talking about
I personally think you're barkin' up the wrong tree. That may be why you didn't get much of a response on cornsnakes.com . . .
What IS an anery miami? Miami's, ideally, have a gray background with bright red saddles. An anery already has a gray background . . . not sure what you're looking for here.

An anery okeetee would be great, but as blckkat has already indicated you're looking for selective line breeding here which is already being done.

Lavender okeetee, see anery okeetee above.

Miami snow . . . umm, see miami's above?

Okeetee snow, see anery okeetee - line breeding.

Miami ghost . . . pay attention they're called crimsons by most.

Okeetee ghost, see anery okeetee - line breeding with hypo included.

Hypo lav ghost??!! Seriously? Hypo lav with ghost (um, ghost means hypo anery if you're not aware, so you're asking for double hypo lavender here.)

I think you're idea is being misunderstood because you are explaining exactly what is already taking place . . . selective line breeding. The traits you are describing are not 'genetic' as you are talking about in passing on their genes. Even with miamis, okeetees, candy canes, etc. You can breed perfect specimens together and NOT get a complete clutch of your ideal of perfect specimens.

Hope my comments make sense.
D80

Old 04-13-2005, 11:23 PM   #14
Drizzt80
I apologize with miami ghost, that's not a crimson . . .hypo miami would be a crimson.

miami ghost would be a hypo anery miami, which again I'm not following the logic.

D80

Old 04-14-2005, 12:38 AM   #15
Billybobob
Drizzt80 first off the hypo lav ghost was suposed to read hypo lave okeetee or miami. Second i know that miamis and okeetees are line bred phases like i have been saying thought out all of my post. yes i know that i am talking about line breeding yes i know that there are people all ready doing things like this but there are very few people actualy trying to breed every singal morph to all of the selectively bred phases and that is what i ame talking about. So what i ame talking about is somthing new it is not the same old thing that some breeders are doing. Next time you post something trying to be smart make sure you read the post because all of the things you made comments on have all ready been metioned in some of my previous post. Oh yeah i have now got plunty of responses from cornsnake.com. As to anery miamis i think that they would look nice just because you cant see the point in breeding them dose not mean it is a bad idea. You are not the athourity on what looks good.

And i would like to add that most people now are not realy selectively breeding there snakes any more unles they bred a morph to a normal then they will cross the babys back to the paret to get more of the morph and that is not line breeding that is just a way to make money faster. People are crosing normals to miami phase and calling the resulting babies miami when they are realy just high grey normals. They call them miamis just to make acouple extra bucks. this is how alot of people are breeding there corns now and my idea is nothing like that. i know that not all breeders are doing this but there are alot out there that are.

In conclusion read the post before you critisize.

Old 04-14-2005, 05:09 PM   #16
TripleMoonsExotic
Their are plenty of people line breeding now for new things...

Their are Butter Okeetees, Creamsicle Okeetees, etc.

Just because you don't see them marketed yet, doesn't mean they aren't being worked on. They take many, many generations to develop...Most breeders won't introduce anything until they've got some very nice specimens.

I agree with Drizzt...I don't think you really understand yourself what you're talking about...

Just my opinion!

Old 04-14-2005, 05:55 PM   #17
Billybobob
blkcat read the post i said i do know that there are some breeders line breeding but there is no breeder working on breeding all of the morphs to all of the color phases like okeetee miami and bloodred and that is what i am talking about. And when i say bloodred i am talking about difused corns that have the deep red color not just the patern trait. I do know what i am talking about i have bred corns since i was 16 and i am now 21 almost 22 so i have been doing this for almost 8 years and i have been keeping up with most of the new traits and breeding programs that people have been making public. After my post to drizzt80 i would think that people would have the common sence to read the post and get there facts strait before they say somthing like "you dont know what you are talking about". so why dont you go back and read the post before you respond to this that way you can know what you are talking about before posting.

Old 04-16-2005, 11:34 AM   #18
TripleMoonsExotic
well, your posts don't exactly make a lot of sense, my dear...

Now my question is...How would you get a Okeetee Miami? Are we speaking of a Miami phase with bold black boards like an Okeetee phase?

Anyway, I think this whole entire post was confusing and pointless...

Old 04-16-2005, 11:10 PM   #19
Drizzt80
Quote:
exampels; lav (selectively bred to be okeetee) X okeetee = okeetee het lav(by this i mean babies that look like an okeetee: good color, pattern with thick black borders)
or a lav (selectively bred to be miami) X miami = miami het lav(by this i mean babies that look like a miami: good grey background deep red sadels
Okay, took your advice, so here's the very first post you started with . . . let's break it down, shall we?

You want to cross a
lav (selectively bred to be okeetee) What exactly does this mean? Do you want a lavender with thick borders so it has the okeetee look? or Do you want a lavender that is het Okeetee, which is impossible?
X
Okeetee
=
Okeetee het lav What exactly does this mean? Talking to the purists, the babies would no longer be Okeetee's as the Lav was not Okeetee Stock. Speaking to the 'Phase' group, some of your hatchlings would be Okeetee looking het lavender and some wouldn't.

To comment on the above cross, I don't think it's anything new. I would venture to guess someone, somewhere is already doing it.

2nd, you want to cross a
lav (selectively bred to be a miami) What exactly does this mean? How can a lav be a miami? Lavender = Anerythristic with purple tints. Miami = Locality normal with silver/gray background and bright red saddles. How can you have a lavender miami?
X
miami This is probably the only thing listed that I understand what you are saying/asking
=
miami het lavender Yep, that's what you'd get.

Okay, so what exactly are you saying, because your question is completely confusing, and your responses to critiques of your question are full of anger and spitfire, but no clarifications on what you mean. Actually reminds me of somebody else over at cornsnakes . . .

I hope you can clear it up for blckkat and myself . . .
D80

Old 04-16-2005, 11:22 PM   #20
Drizzt80
Here's your third post . . . (My comments are in bold within the quote.)

Quote:
lotsadragons i think that normals are the corns that dont quite fit int the miamis or the okeetees. i dont consider okeetees and miamis normals. too bad, because mother nature, genetically, does view miamis and okeetess as normals but as to your question no i dont think that this will strengthen bloodlines or produce new morphs if it's not going to strengthen bloodlines or help produce new morphs, what exactly is the point??!! i just thought that this would help add founding stock How would adding in lavender create better founding stock for the projects/selectively bred morphs you have listed?? Bloodred would not help selective breeding for candy canes, where would the orange saddles go for one? to existing selectivly bred morps such as silver queen ghost, candycane, floresents,
crimsons, sunglow, and any of the other selectivly bred morps that i did not metion. i also thik that i could help with bringing about ne selectivly bred morphs Ummmm, just a few lines back you stated you specifically stated it WASN'T about creating new morphs . . . now I'm really confused!. i started this post to see if ther would be a demand for this kind of project because i was going to start breeding agin. I don't think can be a demand for a projects that's are already being done, and I don't think anyone is going to want to start projects that the originator doesn't understand himself . . .But hey, if you truly understand what you are saying, then by all means I am not trying to get in your way! (i use to breed corns when i was 16 years old had about 300 babies a year but stoped because i had alot going on in my life my last year in high school)
You started this thread for input on your idea. Stop being so defensive, and make your idea more clear and better explained.
D80

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!