Adam at Millenium Morphs...give me my money - Page 8 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 10-18-2005, 11:38 AM   #71
ms_terese
Matthew, do you have any pics of this animal?

Old 10-18-2005, 11:55 AM   #72
Griz
It would appear that Adam's TOS also includes the following verbage:

5) Regardless of whether it is Millennium Morphs fault, we will stick to all of our TOS even if it's to the detriment of the customer or Millennium Morphs reputation."

Adam, you clearly state that you have the money to pay him yet you have chosen to remain on your soapbox, despite the fact that this is to your detriment, and not reimburse him for something that was clearly more your fault then his. Your stance does 2 things for me:

1) It tells me that you do not have the money on hand. Nobody in their right mind would take the stance you are taking if they had the money in hand.

2) It will make me think twice before dealing with you on an animal. You are trying to find every loophole etc to either get out of this situation or to place blame on the buyer. To think, that a simple refund of his money could have turned your first BOI Bad Guy thread into a "Hey, he's a stand up guy" thread.

And that is a pity.

Griz

Old 10-18-2005, 12:01 PM   #73
Rockford
If money is no issue and you are going to sell the animal anyway then refund Matt his money now!!! What if the animal dies right now are you going to keep his money? If not just pretend it's dead and send him his dough.

I know Matt personally and he is a good guy. In my opinion he has been way more patient than I or anyone else would be.

Your lack of communication and being "busy" is no excuse.

A refund is in order ASAP.........

Old 10-18-2005, 12:08 PM   #74
shrap
Quote:
Originally Posted by dutchoven
2) It will make me think twice before dealing with you on an animal.

Griz
Oh it is past that stage for me. It is now in the "will not even consider dealing with them on an animal and will tell anyone that asks about them to avoid them like the plague" stage.

Old 10-18-2005, 12:08 PM   #75
Bighaze
I don't post here much, but I have to say something, most have already said it but for some reason I want to say it to.

Your TOS is a crock!!!!! from the way you are wording it, again and again, if I were to send you the cash for a snake, and then you just didn't want to ship it, for what ever reason, all I could get back is a store credit? That my friend is on the verge of SCAMMING!!!!!! And it looks as though that is what you are doing here and now. You got your money on time, yet for what ever reasons( you still have not given any) you have not shipped. That is all on you. If it was a case where it was too hot/cold, you just feed and want to wait a few days, something like that, then you would be in the right. But you just did not feel like it, you were paid to ship, that should come before any new deals, or anything else thats made you so busy.

You said you have the money to send, yet you want to make him wait? Why?

You keep saying your TOS this or your TOS that, YOUR TOS MEAN NOTHEN WHEN YOUR THE ONE THAT WOULD NOT SHIP!!!!!!!!!

Just send the money today if you have it, it is the right thing to do. To make him wait longer WILL make you look like a ........................

Old 10-18-2005, 12:15 PM   #76
liquidleaf
I agree. You had an agreement with your customer, however, the details of the agreement were somewhat vague. In any event, Matt paid well before the agreed timeframe, and had to wait a LONG time for you to ship. YOUR communication was vague and imprecise. You could have shipped the animal when it was paid off, however YOUR schedule prevented it. You inconvenienced your customer. He was very understanding and accomodating, until another poorly worded communication implied you would ship the animal, and he stayed home from work.

You are hiding behind your terms of service now. This is a higher-dollar animal that was paid off months ago. YOU dropped the ball by delaying shipping and not giving your customer clear information. This is a customer service issue. You inconvenienced your customer, so make it right! Unless poor communication and delayed shipping are part of your normal "terms".....

If you don't refund the money, even if it is against your normal policy, you are giving the clear impression to all of us that while YOU expect the customer to hold to YOUR expectations, you are fine with clearly disappointing your customer's expectations.

I hate to use a cliche, but come on, even if it's not always the case, "the customer is always right" goes a long way towards a good customer service attitude. YOU as the seller clearly could have been a lot more clear, helpful and prompt, and it is your responsibility to do everything reasonably possible to make your customer happy. This transaction has gone far from smooth, bending your terms to right your delays would be the stand up thing to do.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:00 PM   #77
KNOBTAIL
As i indicated earlier,

contact the credit card company and file for a chargeback on the amount that was sent to him. Considering that you received nothing, nothing can be disputed other than the fact that you paid in advance and have nothing to show for it. Secondly, sue him for the balance.

Apparently, this person is using a term of service that is pliable enough to cover any contingency including but not limited to taking peoples money , not shipping, and justifying it.

This is a person, whom I am glad has been brought to the attention of the BOI is at the very least unconcerned about his own future business activities . Very poor business ethics. In the BOIs infinite wisdom we will not forget his name when we search for information about prior dealings.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:24 PM   #78
SPJ
If you have his money.......refund it.

If you spent it.......admit it.

So far it appears that you dropped the ball and are using your TOS to blame the customer.

Not a good business move.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:35 PM   #79
Chameleon Company
Adam, you seem to be losing the debate ...

Just got caught up on this thread, and have to agree with many good points here made by those in support of Matt, or in deference to you Adam. My own leanings were running against your position Adam, but this particular section of one of your earlier explanations iced the deal:
Quote:
I see how some of you are looking at the situation, but what everybody is missing is that Matt and I AGREED that we would wait to ship after Daytona. That is what we did.....Because we did not specify exactly how long after Daytona, we are falling into a problem where people are thinking I did not ship quickly enough. Matt made it seem like there was no rush to get the animal throughout the entire deal. This is what everybody can not see.
I think that this entire issue, in its simplest form, would have been acceptable, ie you were tardy on shipping, a little weak on communication, and not in a postition to refund until you resold the animal. Not great, but with a good apology or two, it probably would have gotten you by. But adding details such as (my paraphrasing) "being able to refund now, but refusing to do so on principal", and using other vagueries as excuses, doesn't hold much water here, as stated by many. Combined with summing up those who don't agree with you as having a vision impairmment, and possibly a flaw in logic assimilation, is not a recommended way to cut your losses and minimize the damage. Back in the "wonder years", I think that the first rule of first aid, as I was taught in Boy Scouts, was to "stop the bleeding". Still works.

Old 10-18-2005, 01:42 PM   #80
Griz
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrap
Oh it is past that stage for me. It is now in the "will not even consider dealing with them on an animal and will tell anyone that asks about them to avoid them like the plague" stage.

I stand corrected. The more I think about this the more I tend to agree with you. What a shame too.

Griz

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!