How to become a paid member on this site... - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Admin Area > FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum

Notices

FaunaClassifieds Site HELP & Feedback Forum Anything of a nature concerning this website, moderators, admin, or anything having to do with how it is being run, should go here. Criticism is welcome, but abusive antagonism is not. THIS IS NOT THE FORUM FOR FEEDBACK CONCERNING BUYERS AND SELLERS! Such posts are ONLY allowed as replies to classified ads posted by the specific member involved in a specific issue with you.

Old 01-16-2009, 02:15 AM   #1
WebSlave
How to become a paid member on this site...

Apparently, finding out exactly HOW to be a paying member on this site isn't as easy as I would hope it would be. So someone asked me to provide some assistance with this task. Sorry if I just assumed this was easy to do for everyone.

But anyway, here we go.

First off, you need to find the menu option link on the green menu bar with the white lettering (or maybe the lettering looks light green on your screen)...

Click on that link that says "User CP", to display this long list of menu options in your Control Panel..

About half way down the menu, in the Miscellaneous section, there is an option that says "Paid Subscriptions".

When you click on that Paid Subscriptions link, you get a new page displayed that says "Available Subscriptions" and looks like this:

Let's assume you are interested in becoming a paid Contributor level member. Notice that Option C? That's what we are looking for...

Over on the right hand side of that screen is a little drop down menu that says "Cost:". What you want to do is to click on that little down pointing arrow in the blue box.

That will display the available options for paying for that particular membership level. In this case, the only one available is a yearly subscription for $25.00. So you click on that option.

Now what you want to do is to click on that button that says "Order":

That will display another small page that says "Select Payment Method". Since the only one available at this time is PayPal, you will need to click on that button that says "Order Using PayPal".

At this point, you are taken to PayPal and presented with a logon screen to log into your PayPal account and complete the payment.

From there, it's just like making any other payment through PayPal.

When that has successfully completed, you will then be brought back to FaunaClassifieds, and hopefully have the banner medallion now displayed in your user profile area. Bear in mind, however, that if your payment is via an eCheck, this process can take about 4 business days to complete. You don't have to do anything further, as the process is automated and as soon as the eCheck clears, your paid subscription membership will be processed.

Hope that helps everyone. Sorry for not thinking of this earlier...

Old 06-18-2010, 12:50 AM   #2
eNatural
Ohhhhh... I tried donating money via the donate money option. Apparently that's not how its done Should of read this first :P

Old 08-20-2011, 11:42 PM   #3
Skyetone
I paid correctly. got a couple e mails about how much verbage would work and then it all got dropped.

You have successfully signed up for a subscription to Sponsor - Feed and Feeders For Sale/Wanted Subscription using PayPal.

Your first subscription payment, for $50.00 USD, has already been sent to FaunaClassifieds L.L.C..

----------------------------------------------------------------
Subscription Details

Date of sign up: Aug 5, 2011
Subscription Name: Sponsor - Feed and Feeders For Sale/Wanted Subscription
Subscription Number: S-9EL689106H847934M

Item Number: c90db9e2010a134b21c89b6f8ea6fc35

Subscription Terms:
$50.00 USD for each year

Your subscription will automatically renew at the rates stated above unless you cancel prior to the end of the billing period.
If you have any questions or concerns about this subscription, please contact FaunaClassifieds L.L.C..

Old 08-21-2011, 08:53 AM   #4
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyetone View Post
I paid correctly. got a couple e mails about how much verbage would work and then it all got dropped.

You have successfully signed up for a subscription to Sponsor - Feed and Feeders For Sale/Wanted Subscription using PayPal.

Your first subscription payment, for $50.00 USD, has already been sent to FaunaClassifieds L.L.C..

Subscription Details

Subscription Terms:
$50.00 USD for each year

Your subscription will automatically renew at the rates stated above unless you cancel prior to the end of the billing period.
If you have any questions or concerns about this subscription, please contact FaunaClassifieds L.L.C..
Sorry, but I am out of town at the moment and not easily able to recall the correspondence. I will reply to this properly as soon as I can.

Old 08-22-2011, 09:40 PM   #5
WebSlave
OK, here's the sequence of events.
Quote:
Subject: You have a new subscriber to Sponsor - Feed and Feeders For Sale/Wanted Subscription
Date: Fri, 05 Aug 2011 15:58:50 -0700
To:

Hello FaunaClassifieds L.L.C.,

Skye Jerolamon just signed up for a subscription to Sponsor - Feed and Feeders For Sale/Wanted Subscription.

Skyetone@msn.com's first subscription payment, for $50.00 USD has already been sent to your PayPal account.
-----------------------------------
Subscription Details

Custom Number: Skyetone

Subscription Terms:

$50.00 USD for each year
Subscriber Information
Name: Skye Jerolamon
Email: Skyetone@msn.com
Quote:
Date: Sat, 6 Aug 2011 04:05:03 -0400
To: Skyetone@msn.com
Subject: Fwd: You have a new subscriber to Sponsor - Feed and Feeders For Sale/Wanted Subscription

Thanks for signing up to be a FaunaClassifieds Forum Sponsor.

For me to be able to complete this sponsorship, I will need the following information from you:

(1) The title you want the highlighted link to say (i.e. MyWebSite or Business Name)
(2) The exact URL you want the above link to point to.
(3) A text description of your site or business that you want to accompany your sponsorship link. Bear in mind that this needs to be fairly brief because of system limitations in the size of that text field.

Once I have these, I can set up your sponsorship link for you.

Thanks again.

Rich Z.
Quote:

On 8/8/2011 12:18 PM, Skye Rees wrote:
cool. well first off my name is skye rees not jerolamon anymore. I'll go fix that

Skye's the limit Rodent breeder
https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...26050714146609 If we could clean this up for a clean link that would be great.
I am a private large scale rodent breeder. I specialize in mice, rats, and ASF. I SHIP LIVE... airport to airport. When you buy volume (100+) the price per rodent is still ok with shipping. When you want new bloodline call me. Quality guaranteed. Skye 801-865-0763
or https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/...26050714146609

hope that works. e-mail or call me if there is any issues. also does this allow me to reply in general classifieds? or can people reply to mine if I post a generic ad? what privileges to the BBS do I get for sponsoring besides the sticky most will look past....

Thanx Skye
Quote:

On 8/9/2011 8:22 PM, WebSlave wrote:
Sorry, my email has been on the fritz the last couple of days.

Honestly, I don't know what to make of this email from you. What exactly is your REAL name?

As for the link, sorry, but you have to provide me exactly the link you want to your website. I cannot make myself responsible for that link working for you.

The text for your sponsorship link is kind of wordy and may not fit within the allowed space. Can you shorten it a bit?

As for what the sponsorship option is, well, it's purely an advertising avenue for members. It has nothing at all to do with membership privileges (such as replying to classified ads, nor bumping and highlighting of those ads). Those are all strictly perks of paid memberships.

As for people simply overlooking the sponsorship links, I don't think so. Marketing is all about name recognition, and certainly people SEE those links every time they go to the respective forums. So I do think people will get their money's worth out of them.

Hopefully that all didn't come out to rude sounding. Didn't mean it to do so...

Rich Z.
Quote:

On 8/21/2011 10:35 PM, Skye Rees wrote:
Skye's the Limit
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Sk...26050714146609
I breed mice, Rats, ASF. I can ship LIVE, airport to airport. If you buy volume, shipping won't seem like much. when you need new breeder blood, drop me a line.

Thanx Skye
Obviously the latest email came in AFTER you posted in this thread. I was in Daytona Beach all weekend for the expo there. Furthermore, you did not clarify the issue concerning your REAL NAME, which I would like to have resolved.

Hope that clears up what the facts are here.

Old 08-21-2011, 12:10 AM   #6
hhmoore
This thread is about becoming a contributing member of this site. Forum sponsorship is something else entirely, and is probably best addressed in a separate thread to avoid confusion. I would have just split the thread, but I'm not entirely sure what your point is.

Old 04-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #7
RogerProws
I can't find a link to the membership table to know what to purchase. Can you still show me where that is at?

Old 04-09-2012, 11:44 AM   #8
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Prows View Post
I can't find a link to the membership table to know what to purchase. Can you still show me where that is at?
here you go:
http://www.faunaclassifieds.com/foru...ad.php?t=64541

Old 05-03-2012, 11:50 PM   #9
Lizzy65
I agree. This should be easier to find. I don't even know what User CP means. (Control Panel?) Now that I found where to sign up to be a paid subscriber, thanks to this board, I'd like to know what the three options (C, D, E) mean, and what are the benefits of each one?

Old 05-04-2012, 12:07 AM   #10
AbsoluteApril
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizzy65 View Post
I'd like to know what the three options mean, and what are the benefits of each one?
table of membership level benefits:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsoluteApril View Post