Good Guy Reptile Addictions Spokane Washington - Page 12 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-29-2010, 02:51 AM   #111
Clay Davenport
Quote:
Originally Posted by WiseReptiles View Post
OK, this is what I do not understand. Right here the IP address was checked and it is stated that John was the only one to post under that name. With that being said is there a way that we can get the IP checked again to see if it is indeed true that this IP is being used by someone not authorized to be using it? Just curious because this could solve this whole issue right now if in fact the IP's come back the same.

Jeff Wise
I'll clarify the statement since I was the one who made it.
There are two IP addresses associated with this account, and neither have been used by any other account on Fauna.
One IP address was used for the posts made in December, and all the posts in this thread this month were using the other IP.
This does not mean that the person who made the earlier posts on the original IP is the same person who has made the latter posts using the second IP, especially now that it's been admitted that the account was hijacked.
It only means that the person who is currently posting on that account has not posted here on any other account using that IP address.

As an aside, the person who is now using the account is obviously in violation of the full name rule, since by their admission they are not John Adams. Further posts made using that account will be deleted unless their name is included.
I started to just ban the account, but with the potential "proof" being mentioned I didn't want it to look like I was trying to keep something from being posted.

Beyond that I'm just as lost in all this mess as anyone else.

Old 03-29-2010, 04:17 AM   #112
ReptileAddictions
Webslave,
I understand your position on having to investigate it,you dont have the time. I know. But, now that someone has admitted to computer hacking a users account you still wont take away the password and give it back to the owner who emailed you? I dont understand that, nor do I think it's fair. I have to admit if it was my account, or anyone's here I think we would be really mad I would be very upset.

Could you at least tell him something, reply to him in some fashion? He doesnt even know if he is allowed to start a new account. Per rules I told him not to so as not to get in trouble. I hate being the go between here...............

Can you send the email to someone who is willing to confirm the isp info in it? Maybe Clay would be a doll and volunteer ? (psssst I will send you a coupon clay )

Why cant John have his account back and this Hacker make his own account and post his so called "proof" there? That way he can still post whatever non sense he wants. Doesn't that sound fair?

This seems really unfair to John, and to me for taking all the scrutiny for being the go between. Im not trying to wine, but come on.................

If I MUST I will post my bills for my home and for my shop. The local phone company is Qwest. I have Qwest home phone, internet, and used to have cell phone too. I have a grandfathered in bundle rate. When Qwest sold their cellular service last year they were not able to guarantee me the grandfather rate so I went to att iphone. I am on a family plan there, 3 phones. When I opened the business qwest offered me a further discount to bundle in those services. 2 phone lines and the internet. All Qwest............are you still following me?????????

I remember 5 or 6 years ago when Comcast came to town we got a flyer in the mail. I was excited for cable FINALLY! I called and it wasnt even available in my area (home) Go figure that. Years later, the lines are STILL not available in my area (home). You can type in my home address and it says available, but it is not. Maybe miles down the road somewhere there is a line, but not here.I dont even have any cable tv, satellite, nadda at home. Movies on DVD or nothing for me The area is too heavily treed for satellite, I'd have to rig a monster pole I bet. I was told back then when/if they get enough requests they would run lines one day.

I am at home now. I am sure Clay (pretty please) could post my isp info. It will show this as my isp for YEARS, the store as another isp for past 2 years. And then my iphone for the last 1.5 years - ish..... I have never used anyones computer to log in to fauna other than my own. Thanks in advance Clay

Prior to wireless I was on qwest dial up, I went wireless when it came available. I think that was 6- 7 years ago.

I never checked into any other service providers for the store. I have no reason to believe there was any. I just assumed Qwest would hook me up with more discounts for adding more. It COULD be that there are others available, it is on a main road that runs through this town. Seems possible. Regardless. I have qwest at the shop, and for less $ a month a business line I will always have qwest

So forgive me when I said it isnt available, I was speaking from fact about my home. I dont know for fact about my store. Cant beat the bundle rates when your a grandfathered in customer

That just gave me a even better idea for the store other than the feeder punch card

Ok guys, not to be a ol fart, but tomorrow is the only store closed day, that doesnt mean its a day off for me. I have shipments, inventory, 200 snakes to feed, and I have to ship out 4 packages myself, goodnight!

Old 03-29-2010, 11:08 AM   #113
WebSlave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptileAddictions View Post
Webslave,
I understand your position on having to investigate it,you dont have the time. I know. But, now that someone has admitted to computer hacking a users account you still wont take away the password and give it back to the owner who emailed you? I dont understand that, nor do I think it's fair. I have to admit if it was my account, or anyone's here I think we would be really mad I would be very upset.

Could you at least tell him something, reply to him in some fashion? He doesnt even know if he is allowed to start a new account. Per rules I told him not to so as not to get in trouble. I hate being the go between here...............

Can you send the email to someone who is willing to confirm the isp info in it? Maybe Clay would be a doll and volunteer ? (psssst I will send you a coupon clay )

Why cant John have his account back and this Hacker make his own account and post his so called "proof" there? That way he can still post whatever non sense he wants. Doesn't that sound fair?

This seems really unfair to John, and to me for taking all the scrutiny for being the go between. Im not trying to wine, but come on.................
No, it's not simply a matter of time on my part. At least not in the sense that I don't have some to spare. It's lack of interest in THIS problem, and refusing to offer that time upon demand for every "mole hill that appears to be a mountain to them" reason anyone can come up with for it's use.

One or more people are apparently lying here, and it's just not my job (nor anyone else's officially associated with this site) to try to straighten it out to figure out exactly WHO is doing so. If someone has actually hijacked yours and/or another's account(s), and if someone has actually tied into another's wireless network without permission of the owner, then they have violated federal law, and YOU should approach it that way through the proper channels. The BOI is not that channel. If you wish to pursue that legal avenue, then please post the results here after an official investigation has taken place. Otherwise everything else just appears to be hearsay, and the validity suspect.

As for the "hijacked" account, well obviously one lie has taken place in association with it. It is VERY rare that someone will lie only once. So quite honestly, I consider everything in association with this situation to be entirely suspect and necessarily taken with a large grain of salt.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!