Fred Kick Misrepresented Animals, A thief to watch out for - Page 5 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:35 AM   #41
Lil B
I've ben dealing with Fred Kick for years and have purchased several animals.
I've never had a "bunk" animal or a non eater. If i did have any questions or concerns as far as the over all care of the animals i never had a problem calling him or his company for answers. I've purchased boas, tarantulas, ball pythons (mojaves, het pieds, pastels, and a beautiful spider) and he told me their feeding habits and temps and substrates so i never had an issue with feeding. Both him and his brother know their stuff i can tell you that. I've ordered animals from kingsnake and i received the animals that i purchased with no question (sex, weight, and pattern) I also purchased them within a timely manner longest was 2 months and i was grateful that he let me do the payment plan. I've also have dealt with them at the reptile shows in Ohio and white plains and they've always taken good care of me and i never felt as if i was being swindled or cheated. As far as Howard's story here I'm shocked but I'm not taking his side. I don't know if you're looking for sympathy or what it is exactly why you're lashing out on these guys but i don't feel its necessary and why would you send him 2 snakes that apparently weren't eating. So how does that make you look that you send him 2 snakes that you knew were on their way out and then complain that you received 2 females that were healthy. Doesn't sound like good business to me on your end. I'm not bashing you but look at the facts.

Say what you will...But next time why don't you tell people the whole story

Old 11-24-2007, 10:41 AM   #42
snake5007
Do you have evidence of the two babies dying? Do you have evidence of their weight when you first got them?

Old 11-24-2007, 10:46 AM   #43
snake5007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil B
I've ben dealing with Fred Kick for years and have purchased several animals.
I've never had a "bunk" animal or a non eater. If i did have any questions or concerns as far as the over all care of the animals i never had a problem calling him or his company for answers. I've purchased boas, tarantulas, ball pythons (mojaves, het pieds, pastels, and a beautiful spider) and he told me their feeding habits and temps and substrates so i never had an issue with feeding. Both him and his brother know their stuff i can tell you that. I've ordered animals from kingsnake and i received the animals that i purchased with no question (sex, weight, and pattern) I also purchased them within a timely manner longest was 2 months and i was grateful that he let me do the payment plan. I've also have dealt with them at the reptile shows in Ohio and white plains and they've always taken good care of me and i never felt as if i was being swindled or cheated. As far as Howard's story here I'm shocked but I'm not taking his side. I don't know if you're looking for sympathy or what it is exactly why you're lashing out on these guys but i don't feel its necessary and why would you send him 2 snakes that apparently weren't eating. So how does that make you look that you send him 2 snakes that you knew were on their way out and then complain that you received 2 females that were healthy. Doesn't sound like good business to me on your end. I'm not bashing you but look at the facts.

Unless we see more evidence, there aren't that many facts to look at apart from the actual payment/trade.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:50 AM   #44
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil B

Please tell everyone the full story about your relationship with Fred.

Old 11-24-2007, 10:54 AM   #45
HRoss
fred i think you are a little off. i asked for a plan until august which you agreed to, and bob told me you had july written down on them. a 4 month payment plan is hardly a 30 day balance due plan
the mojaves i sent you were top notch. those hatchlings were 70 plus grams at hatching.

I would rather of had the money but I graciously adopted Mr. Ross' deal to end our 5 month stalemate. freds quote. that is shit fred i told you a local wholesaler would give me the money instantly to pay the deal off. you called me back and said you wanted the mojaves not the money.

and as far as you calling me. what a joke. other than bob calling me a few times in the first two months i never heard from you unless i called you.

and your threat of telling people of bad business practices because i wanted to send you the money and not the mojaves during our last conversation. there was a fifteen minute lull from when i called you to our next conversation where you had decided you had to have the mojavesi countered with i could overnight the money because i had called a local; breeder during that lull as well. you wanted nothing to do with the money you were dead set on getting those mojaves

and for the record i produced over 30 mojaves this year none under 56-60 grams and not a single death

and i have plenty of ball pythons, luckily your pastels are on the low end of my collection. i dont think i need your help. and you still have not explained why you sent me animals that were not what i put the deposit on. i do not know how you did it but the only photos i was able to catch from your ad were thumbnails when i copied them. one pastel blatently shows a ring all around her head. niether of the animals had this pattern. and color loss is one thing a nearly all black normal pastel is another.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:00 AM   #46
HRoss
yes bob why dont you tell the story of how you either are partners with fred or an employee. it was you i would call to have a payment withdrawn from my debit card (that does not sound like a customer to me) it was you as the second name in the advertisements
2 sickly mojaves you guys are playing damage control here

Old 11-24-2007, 11:01 AM   #47
Gecko_Den
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
Please tell everyone the full story about your relationship with Fred.
Sounds like someone was posting from the same IP address...

Old 11-24-2007, 11:07 AM   #48
DThomas
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gecko_Den
Sounds like someone was posting from the same IP address...
Yes they are. And it really makes his whole post of being a satisfied customer a whole bunch of crap if he is a partner/employee of Fred's.

Bob, your post was damaging to Fred and yourself rather than helpful by not iincluding that little bit of information.

Old 11-24-2007, 11:08 AM   #49
reptilemike
forgive me if i have missed it but i still have not seen any pics of the snakes you say you received from Fred. can you get a few of these up here? i have not done business with Fred but i have delt with john. monthly as a matter of fact, so i don't know about Fred's caractor but i can say john is an awesome person that is a man of his word!!!!!! i have bought many high dollar balls from john and have only had one male pastel die and it was immediately replaced. i probably buy $8,000 or more worth of animals from john yearly, weather they are for me or pet stores i supply . i was not part of your deal so i do not know all of the facts on either side. i am sorry you feal like you were ripped off , but i think if you could post a few pics it would help. just my 2 cents.
mike schofield

Old 11-24-2007, 11:12 AM   #50
Cat_72
Quote:
Originally Posted by DThomas
Yes they are. And it really makes his whole post of being a satisfied customer a whole bunch of crap if he is a partner/employee of Fred's.

Bob, your post was damaging to Fred and yourself rather than helpful by not iincluding that little bit of information.
Hmmmm, I was actually entertaining playing devils advocate for a bit, but that was just downright, well.....dirty. I hate liars. *sigh*

But too, I know that the Kicks have had some mixed reviews at best sometimes on this site, but do we actually have anything more than "he said, he said" on EITHER side of the story here? I don't know either poster personally, nor I have I done business with either....just for the record.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!