Bad Guy Natalie Beacom=Problem Buyer... - Page 6 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:26 PM   #51
Addie_P
I've been watching the BOI for a few months now to stay in the loop of who I want to buy from. I've never posted before, but I thought I would add my experience with Natalie Beacon.

First of all, we live in the same town. She is constantly posting ads on kijiji/cragislist type sites, telling people "big or small, we'll take them all!" She then states that she runs a rescue. I've looked at a couple of her websites, and I'm disgusted by what I've seen. She's CLEARLY not a rescue. Critical Bill hit the nail on the head when he said that she "rescues" animals only to obtain free animals. Look at her website; everything is "not for adoption" or "adopted, THANKS DENNIS" I'm sorry, but bull crap.

Now for my personal experience. I rehomed a yellow-bellied slider a month or so ago. I posted an ad on craigslist, and guess who replied? Natalie, of course. She told me how she would take my turtle. She also treated me like I was a moron, stating "do you have any idea that your turtle can live up to 150 years? I can go to any missouri river and catch 15 of these baby turtles" and so on. Give me a break; Yellow bellied sliders live 40 years if you're lucky...

There were a lot of other ridiculous remarks she made. I suppose I might as well just post the whole exchange of e-mails. Its kind of humorous.

Anyway, sorry for the random long post, but fake rescues really get under my skin.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #52
MDC_Ophiuchus
Yes...I also took a gander at her website.

For starters, I laughed when I saw the "Coming soon..." message when I clicked on the 'Available for Adoption' link.

Secondly, I do see that Noah's Arc has (allegedly) adopted out rescued animals in the past. I also see tons of photos throughout the site of several animals currently housed in the little closet this so-called organization calls its headquarters.

While I'll admit that one cannot determine everything from a photo, several (I dare say most) of those animals appear relatively healthy, so my question to Natalie is, why aren't these animals up for adoption? Or do you just adopt out the animals you don't want and keep the ones on your wish list?

Like Chuck, I too wouldn't mind seeing a scanned copy of your permits and 501c.

Old 12-02-2008, 11:49 PM   #53
Addie_P
From: Natalie Beacom <beautiful_blonde_loves_aaron@yahoo.com>
To: comm-916517672@craigslist.org
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 3:46:35 PM
Subject: Yellow-bellied slider turtle needs new home! (Branson)

ill take just the turtle... check out my website..

Thanks,
*~Natalie Beacom~*
Check out our Reptile Rescue
http://noahsarcreptilerescue.webs.com/

this message was remailed to you via: comm-916517672@craigslist.org

From Addie P Wed Nov 12 14:00:40 2008
I'm kind of confused as to what you guys do. Do you rescue and then adopt out? Or do you "rescue" and then keep or resell? I don't see any actual "success stories" or animals up for adoption.. just a whole bunch for sale and on display. If you're going to just resell my turtle, I would rather not.

Sorry for the questions, but you can never be too careful.

rom: Natalie Beacom <beautiful_blonde_loves_aaron@yahoo.com>
To: Addie P <addizzle_foshizzle@yahoo.com>
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2008 4:13:14 PM
Subject: Re: Yellow-bellied slider turtle needs new home! (Branson)

The snakes we adoped out.. if we get the reptile in for free we try to adopt out for free.. If i have to pay for it i try to get only half my money back or at least try to get half.. the turtles we keep for the whole life.. as well as iguanas because people bounce them from home to home to home.. do you not relize your turtle you have can live to be 150 to 200 years old? we have one here thats 45 years old... my husbands dad had at a little kid.. the oldest my husband turtle is 17 years old.. had it since he was the size of a nickle...

if i may ask where'd you get your turtle at?

Thanks,
*~Natalie Beacom~*
From Addie P Wed Nov 12 18:50:40 2008
Yellow-bellied sliders live to be about 40-45 in the wild, and 30 in captivity. You're confusing them with a tortoise. You may want to make sure you are caring for them properly and not giving the same care as a tortoise; they are completely different.

We bought our turtle at petco.

Just curious: have you acquired a nonprofit status, or is this just something you do on your spare time? Do you have any references?

Thanks!
Addie

From Natalie Beacom Wed Nov 12 20:21:54 2008
yes i have my 501(c)(3) and yes i references do you want them? and yes they can live up to 150 to 200 years.. Pet stores are CRAP they are the reason i am in the business i do..

Thanks,
*~Natalie Beacom~*

From Natalie Beacom Thu Nov 13 04:26:44 2008
i understand your concern about your turtle but i can go to any river and get 15 babies turtles like it here in Missouri.. If i was out to make money off of rescuing be leave me i'd be going else where then just seeing if i can adopt your turtle...

Thanks,
*~Natalie Beacom~*

From: Natalie Beacom <beautiful_blonde_loves_aaron@yahoo.com>
To: Addie P <addizzle_foshizzle@yahoo.com>
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2008 7:30:04 AM
Subject: Re: Yellow-bellied slider turtle needs new home! (Branson)

Also I have 5 adults turtles in the 125g and 3 baby turtles in the 30g.. One of which I hatched myself... In the summer time we have a 3 foot deep by 8 foot around kiddie pool for them to bask out in the sun.. but its up to you.. if you want you can come up here and see what i have so you don't think I'm a person just trying to make money off him/her.. here's my references..

Michael Jinkins
home: 704-240-9236
cell: 704-884-1923

Finley Valley Serpentarium His name is Denis
Address: 2699 Riverdale Rd, Ozark, MO 65721
Phone: (417) 581-3093

Kathey Miller
SW MO Herpetological Society
home: 417-272-9880
cell: 417-335-0436

Amanda Carper
417-379-4752

Captain Rags
417-561-4986

Chris Miller
636-208-6805

Also I have more as i work for the conservation a little to help sick or injured reptiles.. The Springfield sheriff lives 5 houses down from me.. I also have my Class I and Class II permits her and about a month.. I'm also in the SW MO Herpetological Society with Kathey and her husband.. If you need more let me know.. I go to Dr. Harvey up in nixa a reptile vet.. It's James River Veterinary Clinic...

Thanks,
*~Natalie Beacom~*

From Addie P Thu Nov 13 08:01:38 2008
I don't just think you're out to make money. There are A LOT of people out there who take in reptiles and then resell them. I can't be too careful! Don't take my questions wrong.

I've been keeping frogs and a few choice lizards for YEARS. I have my own colony of B. Dubia that I feed from. I know what I'm doing, and I know that pet stores aren't the best places to get information.

And I promise you that yellow-bellied sliders do not live to be 250 years old. Here are some links/caresheets.

www.bigturtleman.com/waterturtles.htm

http://animaldiversity.ummz.umich.ed...s_scripta.html

http://books.google.com/books?id=Y8w...sult#PPA169,M1

http://www.austinsturtlepage.com/

From Natalie Beacom Thu Nov 13 08:06:15 2008
well i'm here if you need me to take him/her in.. I can also tell you if its male or female if you'd like to know?.. but i need pics for that..

I've got one turtle right now going on 45 years old this April.. My husband dad had her as a baby about the size of a quarter and still going strong...

Thanks,
*~Natalie Beacom~*

From Natalie Beacom Thu Nov 13 08:15:42 2008
Also if anyone was to turn around and even try to sell your turtle 1. its illegile to.. they at indigenous to Missouri and 2. I'm betting the turtle does not have 4 inch shell length right? Only a shell length 4 inches or bigger for selling.. Under 4 inchs its for science and zoo's that's how they get way selling them is i bet they had that posted on the tank..

Reason for the 4 inch shell length is because in the 1960 people was buying them for there kids.. What do kids do they put everything in their mouths.. The kids ended up with Salmonella because of the turtle, dirty tank, poor liveing conditions.. It was a law set by the FDA and health dept. that no turtle under 4 inchs could be sold in pet stores.. but theres always loop holes..

Thanks,
*~Natalie Beacom~*

By this point, she was just rambling off random "facts" to give herself some credibility, so I stopped responding.

Old 12-03-2008, 12:55 AM   #54
critical bill
Addie, Michael, thank you both for looking into it and coming away seeing exactly what I'm seeing.

Here is something that made me vomit a little in my mouth. beautiful_blonde_loves_aaron@yahoo.com

Beautiful? Now I've seen this woman's photo and I've been the target of her foul mouth. I conclude that Arron is both deaf and blind.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 AM   #55
Addie_P
I think my favorite part is the "reptile room" page. It's the same crummy tanks from different angles...

Old 12-03-2008, 09:04 AM   #56
deborahbroadus
Quote:
Originally Posted by critical bill View Post
Addie, Michael, thank you both for looking into it and coming away seeing exactly what I'm seeing.

Here is something that made me vomit a little in my mouth. beautiful_blonde_loves_aaron@yahoo.com

Beautiful? Now I've seen this woman's photo and I've been the target of her foul mouth. I conclude that Arron is both deaf and blind.

Be kind.

Old 12-03-2008, 09:49 AM   #57
Charlet_2007
how in the heck did this go for me not giveing david his money to bashing my rescue? addie call all tho people on that list ask them about me everyone of those people know me and what i knwo is good.. oh yeah Amanda the lady you gave the yellow belly too lives down the street from me if and when her family goes in vacation i babysit her reptiles.. i put her name and number in there on that list and you didn't even realize who it was.. guess goes to show you didnt care about your turtle like you let on.. just wanted it GONE like the ad said.. besides that you don't live in the same area as me.. you live in branson 30 mins from me.. you've never came over to see how i have set up.. I work out of my house on my own funds with money being tight i don't have people tearing my door down to give me money no rescue does..

Bill id watch what you say from now on..

oh and another thing ive been watching people on this site you all must not have lives to come in a post like ever sec of the day.. Sad really..

Old 12-03-2008, 10:08 AM   #58
critical bill
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlet_2007 View Post
Bill id watch what you say from now on..
Or else what? You've been proven to be a liar -its right here in print. I didnt lie, you did. Dont get mad at me because you cant tell the truth, and now others can see it as well and the pressure is mounting.

Post a copy of your licenses and the 501c 3. Hush us all up.

Old 12-03-2008, 10:11 AM   #59
Charlet_2007
after you bash me for not giving money to david then bash my rescue as well as calling me ugle you say your sorry then ill post it..

Old 12-03-2008, 10:24 AM   #60
MDC_Ophiuchus
Quote:
oh and another thing ive been watching people on this site you all must not have lives to come in a post like ever sec of the day.. Sad really..
Some of us have the wonderful luxury having computer access at work. Can't speak for everyone else, but I'm usually doing 3-4 other things while I surf the web. Its called "multi-tasking." Not sad at all; actually a rather useful ability.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Tags
natalie beacom, noahs arc