Good Guy Reptile Addictions Spokane Washington - Page 7 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Business Forums > Board of Inquiry®

Notices

Board of Inquiry® This forum is provided exclusively for the discussion of specific persons or businesses in the herp industry.

Old 03-28-2010, 01:41 PM   #61
ForkedTung
First off I've never had/have business with Wendy Childs, she did reply to a PM'd question I had about WC Uroplatus that had nothing to do with her businsess.
Anyway, I don't see a problem with soliciting people to post on one's good guy thread. I've had people tell me they like my animals/service and I direct them to my thread here and ask them to post if they so choose. Granted I don't offer them a 15% coupon, but really what's the difference?
If someone wants to post about a good experience they're going to do it, and yes they might be more willing to post positive to get 15% off, but that just shows how much they DO like the business because why would someone want 15% off coupon to a business they don't plan on buying anything from ever again?
On the other hand by making her BOI Fauna thread known to customers that may never have herd of FaunaClassifieds, she may be inviting negative posts, but then if she's confidant of her business, so be it ( she's also helping this site by getting new members to sign up, something I don't think Rich would have a problem with).
Just my .02

Old 03-28-2010, 02:12 PM   #62
shadraak
I Second this post entirely. Many places offer coupons or discounts for filling out surveys etc. Dont see how this is any diff. I have dealt with her in the past and am dealing with her currently. Never had an issue. And her info doesn't say you only get the discount if it's a good guy thread. Also agree with bringing people over. I would have never heard of this place if it hadn't been for someone asking me to leave feedback. After I did I rarely leave this page lol. It's good to know there's a centralized location to post your feedback other than the dealers websites which are usually only showing positive. Etc.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:16 PM   #63
StrictlyExotics
Its not the solicitation that bothers me whatsoever. That is great marketing. What bothers me in this particular situation is that the solicitation of Good Guy threads to overwhelm bad guy threads is the issue. If you read previous threads, the bad deals werent local issues, they were internet sales and dealings with wholesalers.

Ive been on Fauna for awhile and have read tons here, way before I even had the courage to post opinions. Honestly Wendy, I applaud the turnaround, I really do. I want to see you stay the course and watch you succeed. Its just that sometimes seeing so many "one post wonders" starting your good guy threads throws at least me off.

I am a total advocate with increasing membership enrollment here at Fauna, in fact, I will even pull money out of my own pocket to make someone a contributing member if I see fit. For example, I will be doing a show next month in KC. The way things are, I will probably only be bringing close to 5 animals with me since I have been selling more and more here on Fauna. So I figure that I will be either an advocate, by having fliers, for USARK and/or Fauna, two causes I firmly believe in.

Old 03-28-2010, 06:43 PM   #64
LauraB
While offering discounts is a perfect marketing idea, it's the use of Fauna for proliferating her good guy (or bad guy - but we see where those go! lol) posts to get a discount that bothers me.

I wonder if Wendy has violated Rich's outlined TOS by using Fauna for what is clearly NOT "non-commercial" use as well as violating his Intellectual Property claims by using exact text from this site on all her flyers and in her postings at other reptile sites. However, if she received prior permission, then it's a moot point.
Still, such practices could lead to an overload of "one post wonders" and all kinds of fraudulent posts if every vendor decided to do the same.

Besides, I always think if you have to "buy" the votes, you ain't the real winner.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:13 PM   #65
shadraak
Well I am not a local customer. Never been to WA. Not getting a discount. Will be going over the Internet. So we shall see by the end of the week hopefully. If my heatpacks come in early enough this week.

Old 03-28-2010, 07:52 PM   #66
LauraB
I don't count you as a "one post wonder" (to use Dean's term), David. You've been here since '06 and have plenty of posts to your credit. Your experience/your good guy isn't questionable in my opinion.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:09 PM   #67
shadraak
I have yet to see anyone that's purchased from her online say something bad in this thread. All local. Which can be attributed to more personal than professional. Threads been up for a while and nothing that I can see of. I ordered this and was unhappy etc.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:15 PM   #68
StrictlyExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadraak View Post
Well I am not a local customer. Never been to WA. Not getting a discount. Will be going over the Internet. So we shall see by the end of the week hopefully. If my heatpacks come in early enough this week.
David, I would agree with Laura and not consider you to be a "one post wonder". You were not the example that I was using. Sorry if you took it that way. Wendy has many examples of "one post wonders" as well as some very reuptable people. Its just the newer ones that are local that I tend to discard.

PS. If you are near Norman and need a heat pack in a crunch, let me know.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:39 PM   #69
shadraak
not trying to steal the thread, lol wasn't implying that i was a one post wonder, was just stating all the negativity seems to be local, and some of it even questionable, if the above emails from said person are true, which i have no doubt they are..

unfortunately i live in indiahoma, it's very southwest of you i get up to OKC once a month or two for feeders and stuff for the snakes and stuff.. and the occasional animal i happen to have the money for HAHA..

i just really respect wendy is all, i have a great respect for anyone who's willing to help me out, i dont know many people who would like to do a trade, and when you tell them you dont have the heat packs they offer to send you some, and actually do so.. so that puts her business ahead of most others, just in terms of really wanting to help out and go that little extra..

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrictlyExotics View Post
David, I would agree with Laura and not consider you to be a "one post wonder". You were not the example that I was using. Sorry if you took it that way. Wendy has many examples of "one post wonders" as well as some very reuptable people. Its just the newer ones that are local that I tend to discard.

PS. If you are near Norman and need a heat pack in a crunch, let me know.

Old 03-28-2010, 08:52 PM   #70
ReptileAddictions
DDReptiles
CoastalBreeder
Shadrakk - he also bought a gecko years ago

Are ALL 3 "NON LOCAL" customers whos GOOD deals have been over the internet and have been shipped to. How is it you dont see their posts?

I dont understand your analogy: "What bothers me in this particular situation is that the solicitation of Good Guy threads to overwhelm bad guy threads is the issue."

So, because I have more good guy threads than bad, there must be a problem? Am I understanding that right? I have sold reptiles for years and years. I DO have 2 or 3 bad guy threads. 2 of which I STARTED the threads. Is that such a bad track record? There has been a few instances where I have made mistakes on how I handled things. Even big mistakes. But I am human. I make mistakes. I try to learn from them and do better next time. Seems like the same dead horse is getting beat over and over.

Shouldnt I have more good guy threads than bad? EVERYONE gets the same flyer. If they have something to say I gave them the info on where to put it. So if they felt my animals, my store, or my customer service was appalling you would see it here in black and white. Coupon or not. When someone wants to vent they usually vent. I gave them directions to the place to do it. The coupons are also in the outgoing shipments.

I have over 20 "SOLD" ads in the classifieds here currently that have sold in the last 2 weeks. I have posted Good Guy posts for them as a buyer. We had amazing deals. But, because they havnt made a post that means they dont feel the same? They didnt post a bad guy thread either. Not everyone want to post, or has the time to. Heck, most people wouldnt want to go against the same ol crew that would question their sincerity, honesty, or motives.... Not everyone has the Kahunnas I have

StricklyExotics: I am starting to get the impression that you just dont like me or my buisness. There doesnt seem to be anything I or anyone can say that you can settle with as reason.
I'll tell you what, why dont you buy something from me and see how it goes

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!