Shipping price raise...UPS! - Page 2 - FaunaClassifieds
FaunaClassifieds  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLink ads? Upgrade Your Membership!
  Inside FaunaClassifieds » Photo Gallery  

Go Back   FaunaClassifieds > Reptile & Amphibian - Lizard Discussion Forums > Geckos Discussion Forum

Notices

Old 01-31-2005, 07:47 PM   #11
Milwaukee Reptiles
I guess if everyone goes to $45 I can still be competitive. I have decided against any USPS... just too many stories of dead animals after a 3 day wait for the "overnight" package. If someone doesn't want to pay the extra they are more than welcome to come and pick up the animals they want, and pay no shipping.

I just ordered 10 more 15 X 11 X 7 boxes... there goes a quick $40 (Damn you UPS ***Shakes fist***). I'll have to find some stuff to ebay just so I can use my new boxes. Such a hassle.

Also, who has the cheapest price on that 12 X 9 X 6 box (Or who do you use)? I only ship maybe 10-20 times a year anyway so i don't need a pack of 100 boxes or anything (most people I sell to choose to pick up the animals). I'm using LLL right now but I know there are cheaper options.

Old 01-31-2005, 08:26 PM   #12
Golden Gate Geckos
boxes

Brian, check Superior Enterprises for box prices.

Old 02-01-2005, 02:21 AM   #13
Milwaukee Reptiles
Thanks!

Old 02-01-2005, 03:13 AM   #14
robin d.
my understanding from my postmaster where i live is...
they offer next day service but can not guarantee it... this all came about after the 911 tragedy

Old 02-06-2005, 01:42 PM   #15
iasonn
What I find interesting is that we ship quite a bit of animals around using various carriers. If we were to group our shipping under the same account #, there could result a crazy discount.

An example, I was shipping a Leo to FL last year, and used DHL at the customers request. I did the shipping from my GF's place of business as they have a regualr DHL pickup. The driver asked if I wanted to just put the account # of the business I was shipping from to save $. I didn't as I didn't want any trouble for my GF, but I did ask what the cost difference would be. The cash rate was $36, and just writing down the account # and still paying him cash on the spot to ship got the price sub $7.

I'm sure there are many possible issues, but it would be great to be able to offer overnight for $10 on our animals, less cost, more sales...

Old 02-06-2005, 01:49 PM   #16
Milwaukee Reptiles
RIAA? Reptile Industry Association of America? Maybe that's too close to someone else....

A Nationwide reptile organization that would get cheaper rates.... hmmmm I like the idea! Where can I sign up?

Old 02-06-2005, 02:36 PM   #17
Golden Gate Geckos
group discounts

Quote:
If we were to group our shipping under the same account #, there could result a crazy discount.
I actually asked my UPS account rep. about this about a month ago, and I was told that it would only get us about a 10% discount. I think it's a great idea, and maybe this should be pursued further with the other carriers as well. Any volunteers?

Old 02-06-2005, 02:57 PM   #18
Jodi L Aherns
I know 5 breeders in Mi that do this and at times it saves them money.They need to ship out like 10 boxes a day to save good money.When they do not do this they pay what we are.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! FaunaClassifieds.com is the largest online community about Reptile & Amphibians, Snakes, Lizards and number one classifieds service with thousands of ads to look for. Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!